[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did this get so popular, I remember watching this for season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: rick-and-morty-season-3.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-season-3.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
When did this get so popular, I remember watching this for season 1 and somewhere around season 2 it got stupidly popular with people who ran it's jokes to the ground also wish it would have flew under the radar like venture brothers
>>
Venture Bros got bad too
>>
>>71612221
I still take joy in being dragged to hot topic and not seeing any shit related to the the venture bros
>>
>>71612182
this show is way too mediocre to have the amount of praise it gets
>>
>>71612182
You are objectively wrong.

This show was a magnet for autistic "nerds" who repeated everything Rick said since the first episode.
>>
>>71612277
This,
It's OK writing but people circle jerk it, at work I'm gonna lose my shit if someone yells tiny Rick again
>>
>>71612182
It got popular because it's good. It's rare for good things to fly under the radar, and the good things which do fly under the radar usually do so because it's very niche.

The art style of Rick and Morty and the premise of the show is accessible for everyone. Pretty much everyone loves Back to the Future and they basically tapped into that with a twist.

Some parts of the show (and some jokes) aren't easy to understand for the general public, such as the physics stuff, so I doubt it will become as popular as truly mainstream shows... But it will remain a hit with internet geeks.
>>
>>71612362
The writers' free association is very good. There are aspects of the show that will appeal to everyone. The really dumb shit and "TINY RICKKKK!" will appeal to one demographic, while others will appreciate the dark humor of the show, etc.
>>
>>71612383
>It's rare for good things to fly under the radar
but thats completely untrue
>>
>>71612474
Kill yourself you stupid mother fucker
>>
>>71612474
The number of good things I've see fly under the radar just to have streaming dicks bring up how they found some under appreciated treasure months to years after it came out is outstanding
>>
>>71612182
When this happened

https://youtu.be/kvNjZxCKwuM
>>
>>71612182
season 1 was creative, plots had some really interesting concepts

season 2 was a lot less interesting
>>
>>71612922
Never seen that before. Loved the moment where Rick is looting the place and trying on Marge's necklace.
>>
>>71612922
what a sellout
>>
I think Tiny Rick was my least favorite episode. Close second is the second improv commercial episode. any agreements?
>>
>>71612449
This. It's got family guy levels of variation, but the dark spin on it makes it novel to a lot of people who wouldn't watch something like that otherwise.

>>71612182
I like what I like regardless of popularity and I'm not about to change. It's a fun show. Hope they end it soon though since it seems like they're leading somewhere we're it'll either end or go on forever being shit.
>>
>>71612182
Every single girl I meet on tinder or okcupid likes this trash
>>
>>71613133
I agree with you I thought tiny Rick felt out of place and the TV episode should have focused on Jerry's surgery only
>>
>>71613211
"I'm not like most girls"
>>
>>71613133
The worst episode IMO is the marriage counseling episode. IIRC I still got a laugh out of one part of the episode (near the end I think, it was a gag with the Jerry clones), but overall was not a fan.
>>
>>71612182
The musical episode and a few other parts felt off in S2.

But overall I think its pretty damn good atm. Better than most of what's currently airing for its type of animation anyways.

Its visuals are good, its a different premise than what's currently out, has some good occasional improv, and is pretty funny.

Its not OG simpsons tier but its not Zombie simpsons either.
>>
>>71613032
Have faith in Season 3. They set us up for a long break between seasons... I'm hoping it's because they wanted to wait until it felt less of a chore to them, and to give them time to think up highly original plots.

So long as the aliens on Earth thing is scrapped within the first couple of episodes, and Poopybutthole does not play a big part, then I'm hoping we're in for a fun ride.
>>
>First season was good
>Second season tanks
>Suddenly popular with the reddit crowd and normies
How am I not surprised.
>>
>>71614735
Us 4channers are always on the cutting edge of cartoons

Reddit seems to lag behind. I get the feeling that they only pretend to like what we like, without really understanding it.
>>
>>71614735
Tanks? It didn't tank... It wasn't as great as the first season but still had plenty of great moments. What about the guy in the lighthouse reading that shit story?
>>
File: photo.png (446 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
446 KB, 900x900
>Hated Intergalactic cable episode in season 1
>Normies claim that's the best episode
>>
>>71614962
Only episodes that felt like they were S1 quality were the hivemind episode and the ancillary character episode

low points were Get Schwifty and Shitty Improv Cable part 2
>>
>>71614849
>Show gets dumbed down
>Suddenly it's liked by Redditors who like being sarcastic
>>71614962
That was okay, but it just seemed the second season overall had less quality.
>>
>>71615082
You really didn't enjoy it? I've never heard unedited improv in a cartoon before. When they started cracking up after the Two Brothers bit, it caught me totally off guard. Their laughter was of course funnier than the entire sketch... And Garfield calling John a "white guilt piece of garbage." The Garfield bit in general was pretty decent.
>>
>>71615083
Get Schwifty is a real low point... Don't animators realize nobody likes musical segments? Or maybe I'm the crazy one and people really do like musicals.

The side bit was funny though with the cult. There were some funny moments there... That's the thing with the show, I find that even in the weak episodes, there will be at least one moment that makes me laugh. I don't enjoy many things, so even one laugh is good for me.
>>
File: homemovies.gif (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
homemovies.gif
60 KB, 800x600
>>71615178
>I've never heard unedited improv in a cartoon before.
Because the best improv doesn't sound like improv, it sounds like organic funny dialogue

Interdimensional Cable felt like it was trying too hard to make sure everybody knows this is improv.
>LISTEN TO US STUTTER AND REPEAT OURSELVES XD

the 2 brothers bit was pretty great though
>>
>>71615082
I hated them too. The improv was horrible.
>>
>>71615273
I don't think the stuttering was intentional. It's just that it's unedited.

If you try sitting down and making up a weird and funny trailer on the spot, you will probably find yourself doing the same thing. What makes it hard is that they need to make it really nonsensical.

They got better at doing it without the stuttering later on. See the Plumbus bit.
>>
>>71615420
the point is that good improv doesn't sound like improv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbnnJuYMOs

R&M is bad improv. Clever writing, but bad improv.
>>
>>71613133
Agreed was very disappointed with the comercial episodes.
>>
>>71615783
>r&m is bad improv
gfys
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.