[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was utter and complete garbage. Every joke felt forced,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
This was utter and complete garbage. Every joke felt forced, they played the "oh the character bumped his head on a thing" joke too much, Hank is barely explored, too many flashbacks and a LOT of self-pity just to make the audience cry.

Fuck you Disney.
>>
Why did you watch this?
>>
>>71612121
Why are you getting angry at a movie for children and soccer moms?
>>
>>71612204

My gf wanted to see

>>71612215

I'm not angry, I'm just saying it's shit, and "fuck you disney" is just something I like to say these days
>>
Yeah Hank should've had more exposition, he was just some grumpy gus and nothing more. At least the beluga had an arc and the whale shark a back story
>>
Its box office run is pretty amazing, though. It's the #1 movie for the 4th weekend in a row and may gross $500 million+ in the U.S. alone, making it Pixar's highest-grossing film by far.
>>
>>71612327
>"fuck you disney" is just something I like to say these days
are you for real
>>
>>71612515

Yes. Why wouldn't I be?

>>71612431

>it's the #1 movie for the 4th weekend in a row

The movia has been out for a month?
>>
>>71612564

It's been #1 for 3 weeks actually - my bad.
>>
>>71612121

Fuck you, I liked it
>>
>>71612121
It was pretty much just Finding Nemo without the gravitas. Just as good as the first one, but it really didn't need to exist.

Nowhere near as bad as Brave, Cars 2 or The Good Dinosaur.
>>
>>71612327
>and "fuck you disney" is just something I like to say these days

like, in public?
>>
>>71613933

Of course not anon, I'm not that autistic
>>
>>71613894

Don't forget Frozen
>>
>>71612327

>gf

yeah right
>>
>>71612121
It was probably the second best movie to come since since TS3 (ie. since Pixar got bought out by Disney)

1. Inside Out
-power gap-
2. Finding Dory
3. Monster U
-power gap-
4. Brave
5. Cars 2
-power gap-
6. The Good Dinosaur

not really saying much though
>>
>>71614035
That Disney studio, dingus
>>
>>71614101

Inside Out gay yo
>>
>>71614089

>projecting

wew lad
>>
>>71614145
I'll pull u inside out with my cock, bruv
>>
>>71614181

Let's see a picture
>>
File: image.png (131 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131 KB, 500x250
>hating the qt whale shark and her bumping noises
>>
>>71614214

Now you gay
>>
>>71614101
>>71614035
>>71613894

Apparently the reason for Pixar's notable dip in quality is Disney's dividing up its major talents among separate studios. People who were originally heading projects solely with Pixar got pulled around into the various teams that have made stuff like Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, and Zootopia; meaning a lot of the movies being made under the 'Pixar' name don't actually consist of Pixar at its prime.
>>
>>71614225

Oh sure I will totally do that because I totally have to prove myself to you, a random faggot from 4chan

Once again, wew lad.
>>
>>71614312
I was just going to blame Disney for the sequel spam.
>>
>>71614350

That's what I thought

wew faggot
>>
>>71613894
Are Brave and The Good Dinosaur really that bad? They're the only ones I haven't seen. Are they worse than Monsters University? Because I didn't like that one.
>>
>>71614368

Disney definitely forced the sequels; it's in Pixar's contract that they had to make so many sequels to such-n-such numbers of their existing properties. I don't have the source for this (could be an asspull) but I vaguely recall coming across a few articles stating as much.

The real kicker is Disney's dividing up the Pixar team, though. That sucks. It also explains how some movies from either Disney animation or Pixar can be tosses of the coin. Looking back, I can see a lot of the creativity and playfulness of prime Pixar in Zootopia and Wreck-It Ralph, and that's likely due to the fact that some of the people heading the projects were people who had lead positions in past Pixar movies. Meanwhile, Pixar's leadership is all over the place, what with Brave and Good Dinosaur supposedly going through a lot of clandestine bullshit during production.

Pixar got fucked hard.
>>
>>71614101
Why are you ranking movies made for kids and soccer moms?

You do know Pixar's target audience is 10-15 years olds and if you're old than that you have no reason to enjoy them
>>
>>71614350
>getting this defensive over your made up gf

Reddit pls go
>>
>>71613894
i was expecting it to be completely different and shit but i actually liked it
>>
File: angora12.jpg (23 KB, 417x317) Image search: [Google]
angora12.jpg
23 KB, 417x317
>>71614496
Years of posting on 4chan has stunted my growth, both emotionally and intellectually. So now, the only movies that don't intimidate me now are the ones intended for children
>>
>>71614433
Brave at least tried to do something original, but the pacing and the storytelling are pretty far below what I would expect from classic Pixar

Good Dinosaur was just trash. Unoriginal characters, hideous designs, sparse humor, barebones plot, no deeper message. It was literally just:
>annoying kid falls into a river
>annoying kid has to walk home

The only good things I could say about it are that it had gorgeous backgrounds and it didn't result to crude humor (in fact, it didn't resort to humor at all)
>>
>>71612121
honestly it's still a solid movie overall, likable characters and fun sequences

but yeah, can't deny it suffered somewhat from a couple of the issues mentioned

though still enjoyable it just ends up feeling like a slightly cheaper version of the original
>>
But (surprise), RT loved it!
>>
>>71615001
RT doesn't write reviews
>>
>>71614496
Have you SEEN
>Finding Nemo
>Toy Story
>The Incredibles
>Up
>Ratatouille

They're legitimately good movies. Not just "for a kids movie", they are good movies. Good movies can be kid friendly and have accessible stories and still be quality and enjoyable for adults.
>>
>>71612121
I felt weird about the tone of the movie compared to Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo was a dark film with enormous risks in a vast, frightening ocean as a terrified father lives out every father's worst nightmare and goes through hell to save his child.

Finding Dory mostly took place in an Aquarium, specifically designed to be hospitable. Dory wakes up in sick bay, for crying out loud. There was little to no urgency.'

That said, you're still giving it a bit of a hard time. I guess Pixar is a little less independent these days, they can't really get away with such a dark film being for children.
>>
>>71614433
I would say the opposite of what the other guy said.

The Good Dinosaur was decent I thought. Nothing out of the ordinary but a good movie, mostly for children, but a good, decent movie.

Brave was a miserable fucking wreck in my opinion. It's like it promised to be something epic but ended up being a very, very small, unimportant story. It was a huge let down.
>>
>>71615722
>but ended up being a very, very small, unimportant story
as opposed the story of the dinosaur who fell in a river and then walked home?
>>
>>71612327
>"fuck you disney" is just something I like to say these days
>>>/v/
>>
>>71615762
yeah but the scope never seemed to be larger in the Good Dinosaur, i wasn't left wanting more, and I felt more for Arlo after losing his father than I did at any point for any of the Brave characters. I don't know, it started off really interesting with witchcraft and tournaments, but it ended up being a movie that was solely about a mom turning into a bear and having to turn her back; sounds like a some 5 minute Disney or Warner Bros short from the 70's or something
>>
>>71615815
Was the dad even a character?

It felt like he spoke entirely in fatherly-advice-metaphors.
>>
>>71612121
They took a side character from a 13 year old animated childrens movie.

Its like taking the rusty truck with down syndrome from cars and making a standalone movie, or like taking the dinosaur with down syndrome from Toy Story and making a standalone.
>>
>>71615867
I guess, I don't know, I don't really mean to defend The Good Dinosaur because I wasn't exactly floored by it, but I found it nice for what it was, and found the tone tolerable, where I just loathed Brave, felt like I was waiting for the plot to progress the entire movie into the next phase, but the whole movie was stuck on this one boring phase the whole time. I don't know, it just fucking sucked lol.
>>
the real question is will pixar get their shit together in time for incredibles 2
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 471x312
>>71612121
>>
>>71615900
No... Dory was extremely popular. Popular enough to warrant a sequel revolving around her. I remember when I was in school some of the girls would quote her. She's probably many people's favorite character from Finding Nemo.
>>
File: arlo.png (60 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
arlo.png
60 KB, 290x401
>>71615900
>taking the dinosaur with down syndrome from Toy Story and making a standalone.
probably would have been better than what we got

this movie looked like a fucking scuttlebug jamboree
>>
File: Beady_LongLegs.png (378 KB, 472x479) Image search: [Google]
Beady_LongLegs.png
378 KB, 472x479
>>71616062
>>
I just finished watching Finding Dory and while it gave me the feels, at the same time i feel like it was kinda cheap.
Still liked it though, nothing else i can add

Also I saw some "spoilers" saying Nemo's father died at the end of the movie so i was already heartbroken, but in the end he was alive so i felt warm inside <3
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.