[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were bullies as bad as 80s movies portrait them to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18
Were bullies as bad as 80s movies portrait them to be?
>>
You have no idea. They were as bad if not worse. It was an open law land from birth till adulthood.

Now we have laws protecting people. You had to kick ass daily, now you're expelled for saying 'no' in a harsh way to your own self.
>>
>>71611936
Take any plot from those days if it was a teacher, the kid would just claim sexual harassment, if it's a bully they'll just get the cops after them for the child pronography or make up fake facebook accounts to harass and bait them, or go onto some anonymous chat services and call names at them from hiding.
>>
Bullies still exist, but these days they're passive aggressive nerds on the internet, not locker shoving, swirly giving big dudes with creepy psycho problems.
>>
File: 1453269060212.jpg (245 KB, 655x747) Image search: [Google]
1453269060212.jpg
245 KB, 655x747
Yes, because people used to actually get in fights that didn't result in suspensions/lawsuits, etc. Teachers back then didn't give a fuck, and it was kind of an every man for himself mentality at a lot of schools.

Income inequality started to grow a lot under Reagan, so you got a lot of rich kids vs. poor kids.

Also, organized sports for young children started getting super popular in the late 70s/early 80s, which served as breeding grounds for jock bullies, so by the time they got to high school, they were pretty proficient.
>>
>>71611936
Absolutely.
In the directors cut which was edited out they made DanielSan insert a Pepsi bottle into his angus in the school showers
& stood around and laughed
>>
boys had thicker skin those days
>>
I'd rather be bullied than ignored completely
;_;
>>
File: Luluco concerned.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
Luluco concerned.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>71613567
>school showers
>>
>>71613613
Thats because you've never been bullied you soft cunt
>>
>>71613567
>angus
I kek'd
>>
>>71613471

>Income inequality started to grow a lot under Reagan

Sounds more like
>Some people thrived in the economic boom under Reagan while others didn't
but rephrased in deceptive Lib-speak to make it sound like a conspiracy.
>>
>>71613573
They weren't circumcised?
>>
>>71611936
Are you honestly telling me you were never bullied? I had to deal with several violent bullies, but they were not as bad as cobra kai.
>>
>>71613678
Shut the fuck you goddamn kid. You don't know what you're talking about. You're like one of those people with a Koch bothers PAC sticker on their shitty minivan.
>>
>>71613653

Bullies used to be usually teachers and teacher's aides, not other students. Getting the shit kicked out of you by school staff wasn't unheard of, but being locked in isolation and having your homework destroyed by teachers and staff was even worse, and you knew you couldn't fight back.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

reminder
>>
>>71612104
>big dudes
>>
File: asdrfgaf.jpg (92 KB, 660x387) Image search: [Google]
asdrfgaf.jpg
92 KB, 660x387
mfw I was always the biggest guy in my school and was never once bullied, or even looked at sideways, even by upper classmen.
>>
I went to a private school and once got thrown over a desk by a rich kid who would come to school high on various things some days. He also had a muscle car his dad bought him and a 20 year old gf.

Meanwhile, one of his friends who gave me shit got caught drinking and got kicked out. Though I had found out his dad was abusive and his mom had to buy a gun to keep him away because the restraining order didn't work.

Always meant to write them into a book or something.
>>
>>71613678
"Income inequality" is not a partisan phrase. It's an objective way to refer to the situation.

I assume you're a 17 year old ironic Trump supporter who likes to troll people, but I don't think a /tv/ thread about Billy Zabka is the right place for it.
>>
>>71613939
and here you are
>>
i was never bullied personally because im tall, and i wasnt alive during the 80s but in 1997 or 1998, can't remember the exact year, i saw this massive fat guy beat the shit out of one of the "new kids" that moved there from another town

it looked like a cliche out of an american high school movie, only way worse. there was a circle crowd around it, he was being thrown into a wall, the guy was crying and this guy was still beating the shit out of him
>>
>tfw repeatedly threatened with rape and a "bloody ass" by a redneck stoner with multi nose rings in middle school, while his friends laughed and cheered and your homeroom teacher loudly encouraged him to rape you while the other students and teachers watched

He never actually went through with the raping but everyone really wanted him to
>>
>>71613972
thank, bruh. have one in return.
>>
File: Annoyed-Middle-Age-Business.jpg (122 KB, 866x1300) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed-Middle-Age-Business.jpg
122 KB, 866x1300
>>71611936
Actually it was worse depending on the region. In movies like these the protagonist wasn't forced to eat shit, or have their genitals permanently mutilated. Just saying, the movies made it much nicer and shit.
>>
>>71613642
My middle school and high school had showers, but I don't think they were ever used.
The ones in my middle school were used to store books, I'm not even sure if the water was connected to the shower heads.
>>
>>71614336

The school gym showers were only used by the guidance counselor in the morning. Sometimes he'd like to let a glimpse of his nakedness slip so students could see his willy.
>>
File: 008TFK_Morgan_Benoit_001.jpg (84 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
008TFK_Morgan_Benoit_001.jpg
84 KB, 852x480
The last movie I saw with realistic bullies was surprisingly enough The Forbidden Kingdom, in the part that takes place in Boston. Real group of assholes trying to constantly one up one another in being an asshole till an actual murderer pops out of the group.
>>
>>71612014
>now you're expelled for saying 'no' in a harsh way to your own self.
Kek, name one film where this happens.
>>
File: 1465855133290.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465855133290.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>71614285
>have their genitals permanently mutilated
What happened to you Anon?
>>
>>71613683
I laughed
>>
>>71614414

>Supposed to be "bullies"
>Just look like the cool nerdy but not too dorky outsiders you would hang out with complaining about the popular kids and your dysfunctional small town
>>
>>71614530
They fucking shoot an old Chinese guy and kick out of the protagonist in the first 15 minutes or so of the movie. Assholes are assholes regardless of how they look.
>>
>>71614468

Went to school with Ramsay Bolton
>>
File: 1355302765504.jpg (38 KB, 300x315) Image search: [Google]
1355302765504.jpg
38 KB, 300x315
>>71614162
>tumblr fantasy: the post
>>
>>71613939
BANE?
>>
I was a bully of sorts, i didn't necessarily pick on people who were smaller than me or couldn't defend themselves but i was really vicious so i always had the upper hand.

The worst injuries i ever inflicted was ruptured testicles.to one kid and a cracked skull to another.

The worst thing i ever did that wasn't violent was making this little slut flash the kid who was really in love with her and then i grabbed her tits and made out with her in front of him.
>>
>>71614769
cool story dork
>>
I wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5viyFoSoug
>>
>>71611936
As bad as Penis Inspection Day.
>>
Without reading it, I'm predicting a thread where people who were no more than 5 at the most by the 90's pretend to tell others what life was like in the 80's.
>>
>>71612104
>cyberbullying
>real

Pick one.
>>
>>71614769
>The worst injuries i ever inflicted was ruptured testicles.to one kid and a cracked skull to another.

Wow.

I often wonder why people who are bullied don't just, you know, do the same back to their bullies.

If someone picks on you, just pick on them forever. They leave their backpack down? fill it with milk. They looking the other way? throw a book at them. They sitting while you're walking into class? pour some cola on their head. Forever. If they beat you up, just keep doing it. Fuck them, right?
>>
>>71615601
They don't have it in them hence why they are victims.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
HOW ABOUT A NICE GREASY PORK CHOP SANDWICH SERVED IN A DIRTY ASH TRAY
>>
>>71613567
wtf I'm #cocacola now
>>
>>71614769
I use to choke other kids for some reason. One day I did it to a kid in the toilets and got caught and suspended, then his dad stopped me whilst I was walking home from school and threatened me and I didn't do it again. This was in the 90's but it was Australia so as good as the 80's.
>>
>>71611936

QUICK! Who is your bullyfu?
>>
>>71613683
*chuckle*
>>
>>71614769
>bursting peoples balls and cracking their fucking skulls because they're weaker then you
You're fucked in the head dude.
>>
I think it might be an American thing, everyone in my school was nice to each other and I went to a real shithole school in Scotland, only fights were between wannabe tough guys trying to show off, not picking on weaker kids
>>
I was a bully in primary school, I was really popular had a tight set of mates but there was this new kid that came in who looked munted so I emotionally picked on him, called him poo jabber because he was gay. It got to the point where he cried in front of the whole class screaming "I HATE YOU HARRY"

It was really weird because I later moved to a private school and became autistic playing warhammer 40k and shit.
>>
File: feminism.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
feminism.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>71616060

I want to get bullied by emma roberts
>>
>>71616117
It wasn't a weaker or stronger thing i just was mean and vicious.

The kid who got hit in the balls was much bigger than me. He was fighting my friend so i got his attention and then gave him the hardest kick i could while wearing steel toe boots and he had to go to the hospital.

The other guy was smaller than me but he swung at me first so i picked him up and dropped him on his head he started twitching so i got the fuck out of there. Later found out he had a fractured skull and some memory loss he lives not too far from me and he still has migraines and shit.

I eventually got sent to anger management for breaking some kids teeth by smashing him into a table, anger management worked surprisingly.
>>
>>71615601
You're only hope is to have one of those freak kids who hit puberty way too early as a friend and have them protect you
>>
>>71615706

That's probably it.

>>71616365

But they /should/ be bullying anyone who bullies them. I mean, it's not like it's difficult. Like I say, you just have to remember what locker they have or what their bag looks like, and you can bully them every single day.
>>
>>71616337
Did you get abused as a kid? That's both utterly fucked, most people get into fights, not everyone makes people go to the fucking hospital or gives them permanent injuries. It's not like you needed to hurt them that bad
>>
File: mCArlj0.jpg (38 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
mCArlj0.jpg
38 KB, 476x687
>>71616171
>ywn again feel the adrenaline rush of trying to outdo your mates and see how far you can go by mercilessly picking on the same group of unpopular kids every lunch hour.
>>
>>71611936
Cramming hundreds of unrelated human adolescents and teens in one location everyday for hours in unnatural and psychologically fucked up so it leads to the bullying of one form or another.

Humans naturally form pecking orders and establish hierarchies of dominance, in a small community where kids mostly interact with family and people in the neighborhood you deal with regularly this is fine. Males and females naturally are meant to segregate at puberty as well.

Schools should be considered a failed public experiment. Education should take place on the local level either via homeschool or in the most qualified persons home on the block where everyone knows everyone else parents and children and can have a close connection to what is being taught.
>>
>>71616596
No i had an average upbringing but my dad was pretty vicious, i saw him break someone's jaw for throwing an egg at my sister.

I was taught to win at any cost like whenever i got in a fight i got the same message from my dad "either you beat the shit out of them or you'll get two beatings today one from them and one from me" so since i heard that message from the age of 6 and i was already a surly bastard it just made me an even meaner bastard.

But like i said i went to anger management for a few years and it worked, i'm a cop now.
>>
Bullies were much much worse than Karate Kid portrays. That seriously would have rated a 4/10 on the bully scale at my highschool in the 80's.

Replacing people's toothpaste with Bengay. Making kids lick dog turds or eat dirt. Beating the shit out of people. Rocks in windows of cars at school. Shaving people's eyebrows off. Riot at school twice a year. Schoolbuses flipped over. M80's in the toilets syncronized. Tieing kids to trees nude.

LOTS of fights. A few every single day. Kids bullied for years, until they fought back then they got left alone mostly.
>>
>>71616730
Bullying is a necessary evil, when kids don't get bullied they end up being furries or watching my little pony or other weird shit that should have been beaten out of them.
>>
>>71615381
I'm glad cyberbullying wasn't a thing when I was a kid, just like I'm glad all the stupid shit I said and did isn't permanently on the internet in pictures, videos and status updates. It's one thing to get picked on at school/on the way to and from school and then going home and hanging with your friends in peace, it's a whole other thing when you need social media to interact outside school and the bullies have constant contact with you. Like, bullies never used to go up to your window just to tell you you were fat or ugly or dumb once an hour. And if you skip out on social media you're even more isolated.
>>
>>71616804
>i had an average upbringing
>i saw him break someone's jaw for throwing an egg at my sister

I would not call that average.
>>
>>71616895
Well i didn't get beat is what i meant, i probably got hit with a belt like 5 or 6 times and the worst i ever got was a math textbook thrown at me.

But yeah i didn't have an average father i have many stories of horrible shit he did to people who pissed him off.
>>
>>71616854
Well that's not 100% true you can block cyberbullies and there was always a such thing as neighborhood bullies just like there were school bullies.
>>
>>71616851
Well we aren't defining what we mean by "bullying" but I think we are both on the same page.

Conflict, criticism, and confrontations with peers IS normal to prevent you being a completely degenerate but its usually tempered by infrequency and underlying ties to the people involved.

Your brother or childhood calling you a faggot for acting like a faggot or even roughing you up occasionally is healthy bullying because he loves you on some level and wants whats best for you.

Some random asshole from a meth house who has to constantly dominate people weaker than himself to deal with his bullshit that you never will know on any other level than "enemy" is the kind of person that encourages you to bring a gun to school and mow people down.
>>
>>71617050
I concur.
>>
File: Really Cat.jpg (69 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
Really Cat.jpg
69 KB, 780x585
>>71613753

>Libshits getting mad on their buzzwords getting called-out.

Tell me again how the rich are "hoarding" their wealth.
>>
File: exploding manlet.webm (3 MB, 270x480) Image search: [Google]
exploding manlet.webm
3 MB, 270x480
I was never bullied. Everyone was cool with me.
>>
>>71617234
public school is fucking prison prep
>>
I'm almost 100 percent sure schools cracking down on bullying is what created this new generation of nu-males. Men are forged out of conflict, not being treated like a special snowflake.
>>
>>71617042
>you can block cyberbullies

Yeah and you can ban shitposters.
>>
>>71614463
Friend was expelled cause he kept arguing with teachers. Live in a rich white suburb and gangs were starting to recruit from our schools so zero tolerance policy was enacted.
>>
things are different, when I was in high school (late 10's) the "cool kids" were the ones who were accepted and accepting of all the other cliques but were still seen as the best of them all, like they were on the high school football, scoring 10/10 but also in my AP biology class still getting pretty good marks but still cracking jokes in class, skipping class sometimes, etc.
hybrid normies, man
>>
>>71617328
>when I was in high school (late 10's)
what
>>
>>71617328
>late 10s
Aren't we currently in the mid 10s?
>>
>>71617387
>>71617396
late 00's, my bad
>>
>>71617387
>>71617396
1910s idiots
>>
What is Daniel's ethnicity in the movies?
>>
>>71617323
I wonder what it's like now to be in high school. When i was in high school myspace was just becoming big, and talking shit to someone on the internet was grounds for a fight pretty much every time it happened. I can't imagine that's the case now, since it's so prevalent. Considering how teenagers are, do they just shit talk each other 24/7 online? That would tire me out, at least here it's anonymous and i can just stop posting when i tire of it.
>>
>>71612104
>big dudes
>post# ends in 4
_________U________
>>
I wasn't bullied myself but I stood up for the ones that were, mostly because i felt kinda pissed about those fucking cocky kids. Also because i was tall and big they weren't gonna go at me.

Eventually i sat at the lunch table with all the kids that had a hard time making friends, and the ones that got bullied.
>>
I went to HS in the early 2000s and got bullied the fuck out of
>>
>>71611936
there was no anti-bully law back then. I broke my leg back then skateboarding and was bullied every day, mainly by one guy because i couldn't fight back easily. I finally got so sick of it i hobbled over to the main bully during math class and beat him with my aluminum crutches. He pushed me to the floor, but never bullied me again. I guess some of the kids saw him for what he really was when he attacked a crippled kid(me) in front of everybody. Bullies only pick on people they can harass easily, like weak nerds or the handicapped. Fight back a little, and its not fun for them any more.
>>
>>71613939
Literally me, only time I got closed to being bullied was when the class manlet got mad at me. He backed off though.
>>
i was bulled until I became a class clown. when you do ridiclous shit and constantly get kicked out of class, bullies stopped bothering me.

also had to share detention, and ISS with hardened assholes. but we all shared a mutual respect
>>
>>71617436
Italian
>>
I was the bully back in high school. They feared the Allahu Akbar.
>>
>>71617610
I'm starting to think there is a reason so many autists here claim to be really tall. I used to think they were lying(internet bragging, you know like how everyone has 10 inch cocks) but I wonder if it's a result of never having been bullied. I wonder if all you tallfags just thought it was normal to wear my little pony t-shirts and act like social retards because the bullies left you alone from your size.

Someone do a study and figure this out.
>>
>>71617216
Ironically people here think Reagan, The Constitution, and Capitalism are "Communist Liberal Jew Degeneracy" things now so you're the real liberal here.
>>
>>71617748
also you big guys that avoided bullying from your size got lucky, the bully at my high school was a manlet but was a state wrestling champion and set all kinds of weight lifting records. He specifically targeted the bigger guys in the school, not sure if it was short man syndrome or he just wanted to make sure everyone knew he was the alpha male or what. Dude was a legit psychopath, i think his dad beat him.
>>
ive nver been bullyed but i wish some petty ass lil white boy would try to bully me.
id knock his fucking teeth down his throat. lil white dicks nowadays are too pussy
>>
Bullies are easy to deal with no matter the decade.

The key is go at him hard. If you get hit and bloody don't stop keep going till you literally can't.

If they beat you up and then start to walk away. Get up and go after them. Hit them as much as you can. Scream at them. Follow them down the road don't and try to attack them again. Keep on them until they literally kick your ass so you can not get up for a bit or out run you or you kick their ass.

After that they will figure you are more trouble than you are worth and move on to someone else.

If they do it again repeat the same thing and then they will realize you will do it every single time and make a big spectacle of it. If adults tell you to break it up do not stop. Make the cops have to pull you off him.
>>
I was the victim of some light bullying and also did some bullying to others when I was a kid but in highschool bullying was nonexistence (this was in early 00's).
>>
>>71617328
Same for me. I graduated in 2010 from a private school. We basically had two different "popular" groups. The kids of the cashed up tradies who would do shit like ride motorbikes and jet skis and got into soft drugs pretty early. The other were the hybrids who were good at sport, studies and were all round nice, mostly christian people. No one was really bullied except the spergs and it wasn't more than the occasional mean comment behind their backs. Everyone else was an inbetweener basically.

The only 2 fights i saw in 5 years was mutual dislike
>>
I literally raped my HS bully. I'm not even sure why I even decided to defend myself that one time, and like that of all ways, but he didn't tell anyone and left me alone after that so it worked.
>>
This is the real bully stuff that you will not see in a movie...When I was in high school the seniors had this thing called "The Rape Squad". About ten or so of the really popular jocks would grab some nerdy kid and do a mock gang rape on them for at least 30 minutes! All of the "cool" guys pretending to fuck some kid like prison or something. They even did this to nerdy or unpopular girls. They never got in trouble or were caught. It was the most humiliating thing I ever saw happen to somebody.
>>
>>71617437
My brother's in high school. The day-to-day stuff is still pretty much the same during school hours. It's just now everyone stays in their circle of friends more often and can more easily share and delete stuff about everyone else.
>>
>>71613780
I agree. I'm nowa #Cobramissile
>>
>>71617938
jesus no wonder the guys coming up now are so soft. i went to an all white school in the 90's and there were daily fights, that's how it has always been until recently. The black school in my area was a literal warzone. People tend to act like faggots when there is no chance of getting your shit kicked in.
>>
>>71617942
details
>>
>>71617942
gay
>>
>>71617839
There was a bully at my friends school who was also a short wrestler. He messed with a new kid who happened to be a disenfranchised African-American one day and was beaten to a pulp. Nobody feared him after that.
>>
>>71617916
>he had just one bully instead of half his class
some had it good
>>
>>71617942
http://captainfaggot.ytmnd.com/
>>
>>71618089
Not much to say. He was much smaller and i'm a big fat bastard so it was easy to pin him. I'm just a massive pussy and kind of retarded so people take advantage of me. Anyway I still have no idea why I handled it in the way I did but I pinned him down, pulled down his pants, fingered him a bit and then rubbed myself between his bum till I came. It wasn't sexy at all. I left him on the floor and he never spoke to, or came near me again. Far as I know he's never spoken of it to anyone.
>>
>>71618119
I think that's probably why the "if you fight back they won't mess with you" meme usually works in my experience. They really can't take the risk of getting their ass kicked.
>>
File: bullies.jpg (41 KB, 620x344) Image search: [Google]
bullies.jpg
41 KB, 620x344
>>71611936
How come blond men are always such asshole bullies?
>>
>>71614162
>everyone
>Anon not excluding himself
>>
>>71618248
well shit i guess it was effective at least
>>
>>71618248
>not even penetrating his anus with your dick

you are gay
>>
>>71618302
I tried. I couldn't get it in.
>>
>>71618273
white men are scourge
>>
File: the shake.gif (4 MB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
the shake.gif
4 MB, 560x315
>>71613780
They forgot to include that Daniel wins the tournament with an illegal face kick, per the instructions given at the beginning. I believe Johnny is even reprimanded for using the same kick that before Daniel uses it to win the fight.

While one might say that is due to poor continuity editing on the movie magic side of things, I think it more aptly points to the true reason:

Miyagi had paid off the referee beforehand, using money he had earned by selling the gold teeth of American and other enemy soldiers he had killed in WWII.

The teeth, which he himself extracted as a ground troop on defense and invasion operations, collectively earned him the moniker “Egaoni” to the Axis Powers, loosely translated from Japanese into “Smile Demon”.

He was alternatively known as “Vice Grip Miyagi” to the Allied forces for his tool of choice; U.S. made vice grip pliers. A tool as efficient in pulling teeth from the dead or dying, as it was at brazenly taunting America in its use to defile American men.

Had military authorities or another policing entity found any information about his then residence in America, the manhunt for him would surely have encompassed all of the U.S. nation - nay the entire world.

As we know now however, the story did not follow that route from the tournament where it should have. The referee knew what more that not happened to rats and snitches, and Miyagi was connected deep in the underground with his shaded past.

Miyagi died much later of natural causes, at the age of 83. He left behind, at the time of his death, only his then estranged wife whom he had distanced and isolated himself from shortly after their wedding(Karate Kid 2).

He had done this upon her confessing to him that, before he had left her on his self imposed exile, she had become pregnant with his child but miscarried. The agony over the several years long information catch up had caused his mind to put up a defensive wall to prevent any possible further agony.
>>
>>71613642
we had a legit pedo teacher walk in and shout "make those armpits charmpits" while staring at our dicks,he used to lol at anyone circumastized and say what happened to your forskin...iI lived close so would just shower at home where you stood a chance against the rampant foot fungus that claimed so many.
>>71611936
I am convinced bullies are needed for society to function.
>>
hell yeah man when you got in a fight at school the teacher would pull you both apart and ask you 2 if you wanted to finish it there and then
>>
Never witnessed or experienced bullying in high school since I was in a good school. The girls were far bitchier and more divided than the boys. Not in the US so no jocks or shit.

Junior high though. The guys in our class used to talk trash to each other all the time, mainly just busting balls and joking. No real conflicts or hate but I guess some spergs might have taken it the wrong way. The shittier classes did bully each other and especially someone who tried to join their "gang". The leader of said group tried to bully one guy from another class and got beat up for talking shit at him. One of the best moments in JHS watching the school asshole getting punched in the face.

Incidentally all the bullies are now white trash and didn't get any education since and barely any of them even have jobs.
>>
>>71618273
>How come blond men are always such asshole bullies?

The bullies at my school were either black, latino, or very caveman looking white men with dark hair.

I've literally never seen a blonde male treat somebody at school in any way resembling bullying.

If anything, I saw blonde and redheaded white kids getting bullied along with nerdy brunette white kids. Whites probably get bullied the most by their own kind and other races. Latinos were 2nd to whites in terms of getting bullied by blacks and their own kind and Blacks and Pacific Islanders were bullied the least.

Asians don't really have a bullying problem since they stay with their own kind and don't have enough bigger Asians to bully each other or anybody else in your average American public school.
>>
>>71619302
>Never witnessed or experienced bullying in high school since I was in a good school.

This for me. I went to a public school close to an affluent neighborhood in the hills full of kids who owned Mercedes, Lexus, Audi and other luxury cars when they turned 16. I was one of the poorer ones who drove a used Toyota to school, but even that is rich compared to most kids who still have to take a fucking bus at 16.

Nobody bullied anybody. The most they did was socially outcast those who weren't good enough for them.
>>
>>71619302
>Incidentally all the bullies are now white trash and didn't get any education since and barely any of them even have jobs.

Depends on the quality of the area. Bullies in good areas tend to grow up and become druggie burnouts who didn't go to college and work retail in their late 20s or they grow up to be successful managers at small-to large businesses because they had enough confidence to do so.
>>
File: 1400877595386.gif (1 MB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1400877595386.gif
1 MB, 277x300
>>71613972
>>
>>71611936
Not as bad since most people still lived in rural areas and high schools had so few students the gap between the popular kids and the geeks could never be far enough apart for the severe bullying you see in movies of the time period to develop.

In cities it was another story, of course.
>>
>>71619647
>>71619590

This is Finland where talking here, no area- or neighbourhood-division, you had to apply to get to high school. Students from all around town and adjacent towns as well. Just a good high school m8s (in the top 30-40 in the country in final scores)
>>
>>71619524
This.

Yet movie bullies are 99.99% of the time white dudes.
>>
>>71617748
I wasn't the tallest in my class or in general, but just tall and still got bullied frequently. Wasn't a neckbeard nor fat, dressed like an average kid would.Your theory is shit.
>>
>>71617748
You're probably on to something, but not necessarily height. I was never bullied because all the would-be bullies that were shitting on most of my friends were genuinely worried that I was going to shoot up the school if pushed too far. As a result, I'm an outcast sperg with no social skills because I was never forced to change myself like my ( now much more successful) friends were.
>>
>>71621027
Here in the UK there are no guns, therefore no school shootings so bullies aren't too worried about that. The worst they can expect is a stabbing and I never heard of that happening beyond some innocent jabs with sharpened pencils and drawing compasses.

I was the smallest kid in my year by a huge margin. Didn't get my growth spurt until I was about 16 so in the last year the other lads were at least 6" bigger. Fast metabolism meant I was Auschwitz mode too, and I have cow eyes that just can't look threatening under any circumstances. My nickname for two years was literally "Little Anon."

Bullies left me alone though, partly because I was fun and popular, partly because there was just nothing to be gained. I had no money and there's no street cred in beating up a weakling. Guys would occasionally fuck with me for a laugh. Throwing me over their shoulder and running the length of the school field so I had to walk back. Pushing me into a rose bush. Offering me half a soda when it was an empty can etc. Stuff you can just laugh off.

Then one asshole kid stole my watch. I let him borrow it and he wouldn't return it, basically saying "What you gonna do about it?" The next day I spent my dinner money on chili powder, found him during lunch and blew a fistful of it in his eyes. He fell to the floor screaming and everyone just stared. I got suspended and never saw my watch again, but nobody fucked with me again after that.
>>
File: ed.jpg (19 KB, 282x184) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
19 KB, 282x184
>too late for physical bullys
>too early for cyber bullys
>tfw you went to school during the glorious transition years
only 90s kids will know this feel
>>
>>71621854
I don't think anybody will deny bullying is bad, but learning to deal with assholes can be a beneficial life lesson.
Whether that's physically standing up to peckerheads who are, in reality, just opportunists taking advantage of your good nature to developing a thick skin or using humor to diffuse the situation. Skills like that become surprisingly useful when you get a job.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.