[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do a lot of you guys hate Marvel movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Sure, there's been some weak ones. But for the most part they're movies that the whole family can enjoy. Good action, funny lines, likeable characters, outstanding special effects. They're basically unhateable.
>>
excuse for not making original movies
>>
I don't hate them. I just don't care for them.
>>
Marvel movies are literally the only ones I go to see in theaters
>>
>Dull cinematography
>Dull Villains
>Dull milquetoast heroes
>No stakes
>No consequences
>Terrible musical scores
>Literally factory assembled
>No passion
>No visual or thematical identity

Could go on and on. Literally the McDonalds of Movies
>>
>>71609989
There's still original movies coming out, dude. You seen Neon Demon?
>>71609995
Oh sure, I don't mean all /tv/ posters. Just guys who say "capeshit"
>>
>>71610027
You should get out more desu
>>
>>71609964
Because /tv/ hasnt felt anything inside since it watched the directors cut of Blade Runner.

/tv/ fills the void with the only thing it has left, that is to say, hatred.
>>
>>71607>>71610039
/Thread
>>
>>71610039
agreed.
>>
I enjoy their early efforts when they were still trying hard to establish legitimacy

My faves are Iron Man II, Captain America 1, and Thor 1

Everything afterwards has been delegated to amateur filmmakers
>>
>>71609964

they're popular and 4chan is contrarian central
>>
>>71609964
last one I watched bored me to tears, and I doubt that they've improved
>>
>>71610102
You are crazy dude, Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man
>>
>>71609964
If you watched one of them you watched all of them desu.
>>
>>71610122
*facepalm*
Quiet, child.
>>
Because 4chan is full of edgy teenagers who like everything to be grimdark and angsty like a Snyder flick.
>>
>>71610142
>*facepalm*
>Quiet, child.
>>
File: 14293938386634.jpg (423 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
14293938386634.jpg
423 KB, 1860x1400
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>71609964
90% of this board hates all fucking cape shit

5% like Marvel and like rubbing their success into the DC fuckboy faces

5% like DC and think everyone that hates their shit is a marvel fag
>>
>>71610294
>DC fans will not stop shitposting no matter how much their movies bomb
>>
>>71609964

i didn't hate them before. Iron Man 1 was fun. it was good.

What i hate is the state of the movies has become. Its basically capeshit according to Marvel standards or your movie gets bombed. It has to be quipfest ADHD, explosions filled or it will be deemed unfun and boring. BvS and Warcraft didn't deserve the hate that they got. Just because they didn't follow the Mahvel Disney safe formula doesn't mean they're bad movies.

If LoTR was released today it would have gotten the same ratings as those two simply because they didn't follow the Mahvel formula.

fuck this. can't wait t to end this mahvel capeshit era
>>
>>71610344
source?
those numbers look flimsy
>>
File: images-247.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
images-247.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>71610294
This.

But I enjoy that Marvel keeps churning out dull schlock because that means we get more Armond reviews. These are on spot and more entertaining to read than the movies themselves.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375062/captain-america-red-white-and-false-armond-white

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417766/new-comics-new-hardy-same-visual-illiteracy-armond-white
>>
>>71610376
But what about Md Max or John Wick or Deadpool? There's plenty of space for different action movies
>>
>>71610039
>Dull milquetoast heroes
Disagree.
>Dull Villains
You are right in this one, there were like four villains that were interesting.
>No consequences
All three Cap movies ended with consequences, either for the main character or the MCU itself.
>Terrible musical scores
They shouldn't have left Silvestri. Agreed.
>No visual or thematical identity
Wrong. While there is fun movies like GOTG or Iron Man 2 that are devoid of themes, movies like IM3 and TWS presents them.
>>
>>71609964
>Just switch off your brain famalam.
>>
>>71610589
That doesn't make any sense. Your brain likes action and funny jokes and stuff.
>>
>>71609964

Because they're popular and normies like them.

As such, they get lots of posts here. And rather than post original things, /tv/ would rather bitch about what gets posted.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.