[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his major malfunction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
What the fuck was his major malfunction?
>>
autism
>>
>>71608699
He's a fucking white male.
>>
>>71608699
the filename should be

>r9k_joins_the_army
>>
Now you listen to me Private Pyle and you listen good.
>>
HE WAS A LITTLE BITCH
>>
Drill Sergeant got what was coming to him.

Gomer Pyle is the HERO of that film. Drill Sergeant is the villain.
>>
File: 1465777788263.gif (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1465777788263.gif
2 MB, 718x404
He had a behaviour disorder. Couldn't help but eat the donut because he had no tolerance for negative reinforcement.
He excelled at one thing: assembling and maintaining his rifle, which made him obsessed with actually getting to use the weapon.

Exacerbated by stress he developed psychosis and confronted the augur of his torment: The Drill Sergeant, who was simply an agent of a system that had always failed to accommodate a lackwit like Pyle.
>>
>>71609368
This.
His insecurities were exacerbated by Boot Camp to unhealthy levels.
>>
>>71609368

Why didn't Joker, Cowboy, and co. raise their concerns about Pyle going crazy? How did a guy sporting a serial killer face 24/7 manage to graduate?
>>
>>71608699
Thats the average /tv/ bane poster
>>
boot camp, even for the marines, was shortened for much of the vietnam war i believe to just a few weeks (3mo now i think). this was also back when some youth offenders were given the option to join the military to avoid a sentence. the climate of the military is much changed since then - no longer is it nearly as dangerous as it was, and the crazy ones are pushed out pdq (notwithstanding a few years at the peak of the iraq war when the army was really hard up for fresh meat)
>>
File: 1466721853621.png (276 KB, 549x401) Image search: [Google]
1466721853621.png
276 KB, 549x401
>>71609430
They did try, though. Joker himself was put on duty to help Pyle, but Pyle couldn't help himself.

How could they know he would snap the way he did? All they had to think of was his inevitable dishonourable discharge.

Remember, it was Pyle's immense incompetence that masked his capacity to be an excellent soldier.
>>
>>71609567
i should note that grunts are probably exempt from just about all of this generalization, so what the fuck do i know
>>
File: bad dream fat boy.jpg (444 KB, 1107x806) Image search: [Google]
bad dream fat boy.jpg
444 KB, 1107x806
>>71609430
They were too busy beating the shit out of him because they had to do a few extra push-ups. In all honesty Pyle would have been completely justified in murdering the entire platoon.
>>
>>71609430
>Why didn't Joker, Cowboy, and co. raise their concerns about Pyle going crazy?

When you're in boot and you've never been in the military previously (if you're out long enough you have to go through basic training again, at least for the Army), you don't know how things are supposed to work and what's going to happen if you say anything.

It's like an extreme, short term version of being an abused kid.
>>
>>71608699
mommy and daddy didn't show him enough attention when he was a child?
>>
>>71609662
i have foot problems to this day because i was too much of a pussy to tell someone that my low quarters were way to small
>>
>>71609430
At that time and culture, they just didn't really know how to deal with mental issues. Look at how Hatman acted when he encountered Pyle in the bathroom. He didn't back off and try to talk him down, he went full macho and did exactly the wrong thing to do in that kind of situation.
>>
>>71609368
Wasn't expected such an accurate post here.

My answer would be he had a jelly donut disorder...maybe a fetish...

I'm trying to say he sticks his dangalang in donuts.
>>
>>71609657
This.
>>
>Seven-six-two millimeter. Full.Metal.Jacket.1987
Jesus christ really?
>>
>>71611037
>You know what, Dr. Strangelove? This really is how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
Kubrick is a fucking hack
>>
>>71608699
He didn't have a problem. He should have killed more of those fuckers. If you beat your "squad mate " in his sleep with soap in pillowcases you're pretty much a blue falcon in my opinion.
>>
File: 1467372590180.jpg (435 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1467372590180.jpg
435 KB, 1280x1280
>They wanted a killer
>They got a killer
>>
>>71609430
Isn't serial killers what the Marines wanted during Vietnam?
>>
>>71609657
It wasn't just the pushups. There was also another scene where the platoon was doing drills because of Pyle, implying that Pyle KEPT fucking up and the platoon kept being punished.
>>
Honestly? Nothing. He wasn't cut out to be a marine. That's not his fault.

Mandatory military service is wrong. I'm sure he could've been a contributing member of society in other ways. Boot camp just isn't for everyone.
>>
>>71613054
In a way you're right
but why do we set the bar so low as humans? Why are the weak coddled?
>>
>>71613226
Because civilizations are built to protect the weak.
>>
>>71608699
Redpill overdose
>>
>>71613226
The point of this half of the movie was that we don't set the bar low.

If he wouldn't have been forcefully enrolled he wouldn't have become a murderer in the first place.

It literally answers your question.
>>
>>71608699
Seven-six-two millimeter. Full metal jacket.
>>
>>71609337
>Drill Sergeant
>Parris Island
pick one.
>>
>>71608699
He didn't want to accept his destiny as a fuck boy, so he killed the Sargeant

He should have eated it up like every normie ever, but he was too american for that
>>
>>71608699
>le epic drill sergeant jokes

please take this back to facebook
>>
>>71609657
>someone associates with gomer pyle on 4chan and thinks the rest of the platoon should've been killed because they beat up a retard that couldn't follow orders
>>
>>71614597
Oh, get over yourself, Jarhead.
The DI is a Sergeant, isn't he?
>>
>>71613226

Division of labor.
>>
>>71608699
VANESSA!
>>
>>71612843
In 'The Short Timers' the DI has a moment of pride as he's dying that he managed to turn this fuck up into a killer
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.