[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ca we genuinely discuss this move with no memes please?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 134677856343.jpg (155 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
134677856343.jpg
155 KB, 800x1200
Ca we genuinely discuss this move with no memes please?
>>
>>71608061
We all know you want this thread to be spammed with memes so fuck off with your "guise let's not say ANY memes *wink*"
>>
Why soitenly nyuk, nyuk, nyuk
>>
>>71608061

DESU if you were to try to discuss this movie meme free my only thought would be "why?"
>>
File: 1435975669407.jpg (73 KB, 531x683) Image search: [Google]
1435975669407.jpg
73 KB, 531x683
>>71608061
I don't get this movie. So when people say that movies are business ventures and whatnot, they're trying to make a profit, how would this make any profit? when they say they're works of art, there's a message to be conveyed in the work, but this has no message. Even if it would have been made as a star vehicle, Leguizamo has never been a star and who would finance such a film under those conditions?

how did this movie ever get made? why are people still talking about it?
>>
>>71609427
Tax breaks
>>
STINKY DINKIES
>>
File: 1 stinky dinky.png (126 KB, 528x486) Image search: [Google]
1 stinky dinky.png
126 KB, 528x486
>>
File: 1460246917400.jpg (91 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1460246917400.jpg
91 KB, 600x800
It's just another one of those 90's movie rental store films.

As for the content in the movie, it quite literally could not be made in 2016. It would also have been better without that retarded RPG shitting scene and the snake wrestling part, as well as the car stereo battle. The Pan-African part was kind of funny.
>>
>>71608061
My best friend and I watched the shit out of it when we were kids. Always liked John Leguizamo, including his standup.
>>
>>71609427
>how did this movie ever get made?

As someone who liked it, HDTGM should do an episode on this.

Also it was the 90's, "quirky" ethnic comedies were developing. You have "Friday", "The Disorderlies" with The Fat Boys in the late 80's, "Soul Food", the "House Party" movies, "Coming to America" in 88 + Boomerang in the early 90s etc,
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.