[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his endgame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: Llfront[1].png (437 KB, 881x568) Image search: [Google]
Llfront[1].png
437 KB, 881x568
What was his endgame?
>>
a free haircut
>>
>>71607599
Show that power can't be innocent.
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
>>71607599
ORANGE JUICE VS TOOTHPASTE
>>
>>71607599
LIPSTICK v LIPBALM
>>
>>71607599
>See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; God takes sides! No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.
>>
He wanted Superman disgraced and dead, first by manipulating Batman. Then he went into Zod's ship, got shook to his core, and decided on the Doomsday approach as a Plan B "fuck it" option. Luthor was pretty much ready to die.
>>
>>71607599
>What was his endgame?

To shitspam DC threads on /tv/ because he was a twitchy autistic virgin manbaby that ate gummi bears.
>>
>>71607599
OVERWATCH VS BATTLEBORN
>>
RADIANT VS DIRE
>>
SKITTLES VS FISH
>>
>>71607639
But his scheme with Doomsday kills Superman just like he wanted and all it did was prove exactly that Superman's power was innocent.
>>
>>71607760
This
>character literally says his motivation
>people ask what his motivation was
>character literally says he didnt kill another character
>people talk about he killed that character
>a goofy flashback is thrown into pivotal scene to explain whats happening
>people still question what happened

Im noticing a pattern with Zack Snyder flicks. They illicit a reaction of pure idiocy no matter how brute force Zack makes a scene
>>
>>71608365
this is correct.
>>
File: Taylor-Swift-912256.jpg (272 KB, 1413x1035) Image search: [Google]
Taylor-Swift-912256.jpg
272 KB, 1413x1035
TOES VS SOLES
>>
DING DING DING DING
>>
>>71607599
He wanted the adoration and fame that would come from saving the world from an alien menace, even if it was a menace he had to create himself.

And I'm not talking about just Doomsday.
>>
>>71608324

MALTA VS ALGORITHMS
>>
>>71609921

He didn't have a real plan for Doomsday.

I mean, the very first thing Doomsday did was try to punch Lex Luthor. To death.
>>
File: 14643233161783.jpg (46 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
14643233161783.jpg
46 KB, 600x581
>>71607760
>muh daddy

Wow, great to see Snyder really nailed the nuances of Lex Luthor's character!
>>
>>71609921
>He wanted the adoration and fame that would come from saving the world from an alien menace, even if it was a menace he had to create himself.

Nice to see Snyder copying the Incredibles. How do DC friends feel about Snyder taking Disney notes?
>>
>>71607639
you're a fucking retard, i swear to god I can't fathom how mentally defective you have to be to think that Luthor's plan was the same as the Penguin's from Batman returns
>>
File: lex luthor.webm (2 MB, 952x398) Image search: [Google]
lex luthor.webm
2 MB, 952x398
>>71607599

Jesse Eisenberg deserved an Oscar for his portrayal as Lex Luthor.

such a powerful performance. fuck the haters
>>
>>71607599
>HAHA, I'LL SHOW THEM SUPERPOWER ISNT GOOD
>BY MAKING A SUPERPOWER EVIL

>HE'LL SHOW THEM ALL
>FOR THE HALF-SECOND BEFORE HE EXPLODES AND MURDERS THEM

>THE WORLD WILL APPRECIATE MY GENIUS
>FOR A WEEK, THEN THE WORLD WILL BE DEAD
>>
>>71610224
i will do this by making you fight this space troll that wants to destroy the planet

see? perfectly logical. also I summoned darkseid to rape all our souls for some reason.
>>
>>71610061
why did superman stop doomsday from killing lex luthor but let batman killed dozens of unnamed goons?
>>
>>71607760
God is not a candy dispenser Lex.
>>
>>71610224
He was honestly ok, which means they others were poo in loo bad.
>>
all theories fall apart the moment you add darkseid into the equation
>>
MMMMM BOYS
>>
>>71607599

I was too preoccupied with him being an immense faggot that I couldn't follow his edgy middle school logic.

Why the hell did the foil for exploring the idea of super heroes as gods vs men have to be such an intolerable piece of shit? Why couldn't they make him just the slightest bit suave or charismatic? I just cringed every time he was on screen.
>>
>>71610581

Because Batman doesn't give a shit anymore and knows they aren't worth the effort of due process.

It was honestly refreshing to see a world worn batman who has seen the fruits of his labor spoil and rot, at some point it just becomes much more pragmatic to simply kill the bastards.
>>
>>71607599
he was the only voice of the reason amongst all the blind sheeps.

basically, snyder's surrogate
>>
>>71607599
Darkseid
>>
>>71610581

Superman's saved Lex was a sort of a symbolic thing I think.
Lex just finished deconstructing Superman and what kind of person he is, and superman saves him anywyas, showing Lex that even though he rejects Superman and who he is, Superman still became the hero and saved Lex from certain death.
>>
>>71610224

When Superman cowers before him, and Lex puts his hand on his head. "Now God bends to my will."

Chills every time.
>>
>>71612102
what's up with the demon guy with the cubes he was talking to towards the end? sequel villain or something?
>>
>>71612328
It was the Devil, DCU is actually hell.
>>
>>71607599
Make the world suffer because it wasn't fair that he had to suffer getting raped by his dad.
>>
>>71607639
>http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
Snyder literally wrote a website to try to explain his plotholes. LMAO
>>
>>71612356
kek
>>
>>71610581
Almost all of the Batman killings you are referring to were in a dream sequence.
>>
>>71612328
That's Steppenwolf, the big bad of Justice League.
>>
>>71612434
What's funny is Burton's Batman kills more people than any other film version of the character.
>>
>>71607599
He wanted to get bald but in a new york kind of authentic kind of way
>>
>>71610061
His entire plan for Doomsday was for it to either die or kill Superman. One outcome was only more slightly problematic than the other.
>>
>>71610099
I'm cool with it, considering that Lex did an even better, sneakier job of it.
>>
JEWS VS GENTILES
>>
>>71607599
Memes
>>
>>71607599
He is an Snyder self-insert.
>>
I just wanted suave sly Persian bald fit Luthor we're used to and not this weird Riddler mix
>>
>>71612874
Luthor thought he would be able to control Doomsday.

Also, its isn't said, but seems obvious to me that Luthor would have been able to abort the Doomsday process if Superman did what Luthor wanted him to do.
>>
>>71607599
Boys
>>
>Plain Lo in the morning, Lola in slacks
>spoke Lolita reference to Lois Lane
>she looks old enough to be his mum
What did he mean by that
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.