[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember that time David Lynch made a straightforward movie with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Remember that time David Lynch made a straightforward movie with a clear story and a by-the-book narrative, and he made one of the best biopics of all time?
>>
File: 1393177120803s.jpg (10 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1393177120803s.jpg
10 KB, 250x238
>elephant man
>he doesn't even have tusks or a trunk
>>
It was to prove that he could, to silence all the dumb faggots that were saying he couldn't make a proper film.

Then he went back to the weird shit he likes.
>>
>>71607361
this
>>
>>71607361
>it was to prove that he could
no it wasn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwC1cYaIedI
>>
>>71607310
He's made multiple straightforward movies though.
>>
>>71607310
It will remain my favorite from him and one of my favorites of all time.
>>
>>71607426
I actually got my information from another interview of his. What a twist.
>>
>I AM NOT AN ANIMAL, I AM A HUMAN BEING

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71607401
>>71607361
It's wrong, though. It was his second feature. Eraserhead was weird shit but he didn't have the whole mythos around him yet that he does now.
>>
>>71607426

I like how David Lynch looks, speaks and acts exactly how you would expect.
>>
>>71607437

True, but this is the least abstract of them all. It's totally straightforward without anything bizarre or outlandish about it, aside from that one dream scene, but that barely counts as abstract.
>>
>>71607310
>that time David Lynch made a straightforward movie
The Straight Story, it's even in the title
>>
Elephant Man is a great movie. With a name like that, you're gonna know exactly what you're gonna get
>>
>>71608137
Now, imagine if it was about an elephant with a human head and brain. Now that would be something
>>
Can't wait to see the new season of Twin Peaks
>>
File: Cage The Elephant FB.jpg (844 KB, 1990x1249) Image search: [Google]
Cage The Elephant FB.jpg
844 KB, 1990x1249
>>71607310
>movie's literally about a wicked elephant leaving its cage

most insensitive
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.