[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Family Guy has been more kino than the Simpsons for the majority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
>Family Guy has been more kino than the Simpsons for the majority of its lifespan

Do you agree with this, /tv/?
>>
No. The Simpsons have ~9 of the greatest seasons of television history. Only the first four seasons of Family Guy are worth talking about.
>>
Well gosh, between a giant chicken fight every other season and a BS liberal rant every fucking episode I'd say no. It's not any better.
>>
>>71605935

This is wrong in so many ways
>>
>>71605935
I mean how The Simpsons was already at Season 10 when the first season of Family Guy ran. In that timeframe, Family Guy has been more kino than The Simpsons.
>>
>>71605846
has family guy actually ever been good?
>>
>>71605935
>9

L M A O

Six, at best.
>>
>>71605846

I agree, but only because shit Simpsons now make about 65% of all Simpsons

Family Guy has been weaker than good Simpsons, but better than bad Simpsons.
>>
>>71606064
nope, but i used to like it back in college when i was surrounded by normies and smoking alot of pot
>>
File: 1444412648551.png (781 KB, 968x758) Image search: [Google]
1444412648551.png
781 KB, 968x758
>the Simpsons has brilliant writing and immensely quotable dialogue
>Family Guy has le 80s kid references
>>
Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino Kino
>>
American Dad is the best
>>
>cartoons
>kino

o i am laffin
>>
>>71605846
I would agree that it's kino if I was a brain dead fucking retard, so I can see how you would think this.
>>
family guy is fucking retarded and never has been redeemable in any sense

people only think so because they were so young when family first came out and the humor appeals to that age. go back and rewatch early family guy. it's not funny.
>>
Family guy always has original stories they may re use some jokes but every episode is an original story with the road to episodes being the best.

South park and the Simpsons(for the later seasons) feel like they just find what is popular and fit their characters around whatever that is

I cannot for the life of me understand why people so aggressively hate family guy, I mean it has a good cast and like I said mostly original storylines for every episode.
>>
>>71605846
No, they are both tv animation.
>>
Simpsons has 8 seasons of pure kino. Family Guy has 0.
>>
>>71608619
Earlier today I watched the episode where norm MacDonald plays death and I thought it was a pretty funny episode
>>
Almost no one in this thread knows what kino means.
>>
>>71608507
>I would agree that it's kino if I was a brain dead fucking retard

You're cool and more intelligent than everyone else.
>>
>>71605846
i'd rather watch any family guy episode than any new the simpsons episode
>>
>>71605846
Family Guy has never been kino.
It has consistently been funnier than The Simpsons episodes that came out since it came along (1999 onwards) but there's no emotional attachment to the characters.
That isn't necessary for a comedy but it is to be kino.
>>
>>71608875
This.

Not only did the Simpsons have great comedy, I actually cared about the characters. There were some complex relationships there.
>>
>>71608619
Early Family Guy is terrible, but it's an enticing opinion to go around proclaiming the early years of something as being the best. Later episodes are pretty great.
>>
>>71608875
>That isn't necessary for a comedy
A person with common sense on /tv/? Who'd have thought.
>>
Watched one episode recently, was it always leftist propaganda?
>>
>>71606089
People always act like Simpsons was great from the start but it really had to hit it's stride.
Simpsons was Good > Great > Bad > Worse
Family Guy was Good > Bad > Unwatchable (during it's "references are jokes" phase) and now it's back to bad.
>>
>>71608949
I'm not going to lie, I spend very little time on /tv/.
>>
>>71606049
>>71606056
>>71608013
>>71608649
>>71608918
Family Guy is for faggots
>>
>>71609007
Good for you, honestly.
>>
>>71608974
Lisa was a leftist since very early on but she became a mouthpiece for the writers far later.
Early on she had moral dilemmas but now all she does is tell off Homer/Bart and then Homer/Bart thank her.
>>
>>71605846
The Simpsons tries to be a good animated sitcom.
Seth MacFarlane does the fuck he wants.

I think that Seth MacFarlane is more inline with what Kino stands for.
>>
>>71606056
The worst Simpsons is bland, the worst Family Guy is shit.
>>
>>71609045
Liking and disliking shows in an attempt to seem cool is for faggots.
>>
>>71605846
The way you guys use the word 'kino' I agree.
>>
>>71605846
I remember laughing so hard at that scene and the similar scene with the dead frog and him trying to throw it out the window with the shoe box.
>>
>>71609731
>poked some holes in its back so it can breathe
>>
>>71605846
yes
>>
>>71605846
Family Guy was never as good as Simpson's so when the quality went to shit it didn't hurt as muh.
>>
>>71605846
>kino
I really hope this meme gets old
>>
South Park and Family Guy were never funny to me.

Early Simpsons was great. Drawn Together was also pretty good and didn't over stay it's welcome.
>>
The first season of family guy was good, but after that it was just retarded.
>>
>>71609339
Haha, disliking family Guy means I'm trying to be cool? haahahaha
>>
>>71605846
American dad is way better desu I think seth prefers it now.

FG just feels forced except when they are being inflammatory. Maybe seth should retire from FG and hire one of those impersonators from youtube.
>>
>>71610477
No but bragging that you don't like a show thinking that makes you cool makes you a faggot
>>
>>71605846
>>71605846

No. I got bored and binged watch a couple of the latest seasons.

Family guy is just plain lazy. It's turned into Seth Mcfaggot's mouthpiece. Brian is pretty much McFarlane IRL. Most of the characters are annoying.

The older Simpsons episodes are the greatest thing to happen to TV. Those episodes were crafted with care and passion.

Even Simpson's side characters were better than any of Family Guy's entire cast. Lionel Hutz for god's sake.

Even the Simpson's delivery and voice acting coupled with the subtle humor blows Family Guy out of the water.
>>
>>71605846
literally no

family guy episodes are just 1 good joke and 30 horrible awkward jokes
>>
>>71605846
Family Guy is pretty good when they don't do flashbacks every few seconds. The earliest episodes had a good balance of main plot and flashback sketches.

Simpsons is way more iconic and memorable however, and the funny moments in The Simpsons are evergreen. I find myself sometimes randomly remembering and laughing at Simpsons moments, even from episodes I haven't seen in years.
>>
>>71612044
You're comparing apples and oranges you stupid douche.
>>
>>71610756
I agree. For some reason they are doing a great job with that show. Not sure if he is intentionally doing it or not.
>>
>>71611294
>bragging
sure thing faggot
>>
family guy is gutter trash but I still keep watching it.
>>
>>71605846
Replace family guy with American Dad
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.