[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well that wasnt that bad Why did it get such a kicking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
Well that wasnt that bad

Why did it get such a kicking?
>>
I tried to make a thread about it earlier OP. Turns out everyone here is already sick of talking about it, they would rather discuss game of thrones for the billionth time.
>>
Durotan dies, shit film.
>>
>>71602180

I don't know much about the game

Does this take liberties with the lore?
>>
>>71603185
Yes, in the original lore, Durotan and Draka are ambushed by highwaymen and killed like chumps

Also Dalaran isn't floating yet
>>
>>71601998
I have watched all the trailers and none of them has convinced me to go see it.

It looks so cheesy, the green screen background so fake looking.
>>
>>71603185
Garona fugs Medivh in the lore but in the film version this is all cut out.

WHY DUNCAN?

A non bloody PG 13 movie based off an R rated game is not good at all
>>
>>71603379
It looks really nice in action. They did a good job on that end; the movie's low points were all in the script and acting. I hope they hire more talented writers in the sequel.
>>
>>71603185
there are differences here and there but in the end every plot point ends up the same
>>
Seriously: why the fuck didn't Duncan make this R?

He knew from the start this movie would not have been a box office hit. Anyone with a common sense knows vidya films do not get much praise so making it R Rated would have better pleased the fans: maybe even gotten some to go back twice to the cinema to see it again instead of a watered down PG 13 flick where they hoped that parents would take their younger kids to go see this.

In reality: no parent would take their younger kids to go see this. A movie that no one has any information of what it is about: especially even the name and violence theme would turn parents off and not allow their kids to see I bet.

So making it PG 13 did not make the movie better at all.
>>
>>71603520
I'm sure the director has to listen to the studio and the individuals financing the feature. They never have full creative licence and bureaucracy always gets in the way.
>>
File: Warcraft Fight.webm (3 MB, 1280x526) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Fight.webm
3 MB, 1280x526
>>71603508
>believing this is 10/10 action
It looks like a game cutscene. It looks like those YouTube videos where people pretend they are in a live action movie.
>>
>>71603415
>>71603520

This had a lot more violence I have seen in a major blockbuster in quite some time for a PG13.

Also Gul Dan was great
>>
>>71603628
>Gul Dan
I haven't seen the movie but he truly looks like a real menacing evil wicked villain from the trailers and behind the scenes I have seen. So I will give Duncan praise for having someone like that in this film.
>>
>>71603520
Because this movie was literally made for teenagers
>>
>>71601998
what I hated about this movie is that orcs really aren't that fucking big and strong. They were fucking ogre-sized.
>>
>>71603520
do you seriously think he had any control over that?
>>
The human acting was a bit off, and by that I mean Lothar, he looked unhinged the whole fucking movie.
>>
>>71603185
Not that much. Most of the changes are minor things that don't change the overall flow of the story.
>Dalaran shouldn't be floating
>Garona was originally Medivh's lover, not Lothar
>Garona originally wasn't Medivh's daughter
>Orgrim originally was a member of the Blackrock clan, not Frostwolf
>Garona orignally is mind-controlled by Gul'dan to kill the king
I'm kinda upset they changed this.
>Durotan is supposed to be killed by assassins
This was kinda of a weak death imo, I think they handled it better in the movie.

Probably a few more, but I forget.
There were also a few lore bits I was surprised and impressed that they included.

>>71603628
This. I was pretty surprised by how graphic it was for a PG-13 movie.
>that bit where Blackhand crushes a soldier's head
>>
>>71603727
He's the best part of the movie IMO
>>
>>71603727

Yeah he is just evil for evils sake

Its great

In general the Orcs had more personality than the humans
>>
>>71603811
He had a choice to do what Zack Snyder did: ask the company to allow him to release a director's cut.

Sadly there will not be a Warcraft Extended Edition with the added gore and so therefore this becomes a forgettable bad paced movie.
>>
>>71604152

He didnt even get final say over the cut of the movie, I doubt he has that much sway over the studio.

I would watch an extended cut
>>
>>71604339
He said the initial dvd release will not have an extended cut, but it will have "plenty" of deleted scenes.
Apparently the higher-ups haven't decided whether or not to release an extended cut, since the movie hasn't even premiered in certain countries yet.
>>
>>71603415
>R rated game

Dude, Warcraft was never R rated.
>>
File: IMG_29032015_183806.png (119 KB, 255x291) Image search: [Google]
IMG_29032015_183806.png
119 KB, 255x291
>>71604637
R isn't even a game rating
>>
>>71604762
But there are M rated games, and Warcraft's always been T.
>>
>>71604905

But America doesnt have an inbetween rating
>>
>>71604978
A game being rated T is like a movie being rated PG-13
>>
>>71604978
We do.

E = G

E10 = PG

T = PG13

M = R

AO = NC17
>>
>>71601998
Because critics assumed it was trying to be lord of the rings.

I really wish they would have removed the romance between Garona and Lothar. Also Lothar's son. Lots of stupid shit in this movie that felt forced. Not sure if it's because they didn't have time to develop it properly or if they just wanted to jam as much of the lore as they possibly could.
>>
>>71603844

>Garona orignally is mind-controlled by Gul'dan to kill the king

Pretty sure thats a recent retcon and she was just working for the shadow council, not mind controlled
>>
>>71603185

what they described as "fel" was originally supposed to be Sargeras, the titan lord of the burning legion and there was a big backstory of how he got control of medivh
>>
>>71605229
I'm assuming here was much more character-building in the 40 minutes that was cut. Apparently the studio felt the 40 minutes made the movie feel too "slow".
>>
>>71605431
It was a bad decision. Probably also why a lot of critics felt that they didn't get sufficiently introduced to the characters. Garona in particular isn't introduced as anything other than some orc reject and she is a central character.
>>
>>71605431

40 minutes?

That would have helped, the film has such a frantic pace.

Characters are only in one location for about a minute before they dart off to somewhere else
>>
>>71603185
Same destination, different path.
>>
>>71605527
Agreed. Got overzealous on world building and forgot the character building. I really wish they had fleshed out garona more, and the relationship between lothar and his son.
>>
>>71603616
>posting a low quality out of context barrage of clips.
yes the action is all solid you faggot. its also based off a video game so of course the action is something that you would expect to see in a game
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.