[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he an augment before "First Contact"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: 250px-JulianBashir.jpg (8 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
250px-JulianBashir.jpg
8 KB, 250x252
or did the Enterprise-E somehow set off a chain of events leading to his genetic augmentation?
>>
File: Mulhern-.png (153 KB, 251x289) Image search: [Google]
Mulhern-.png
153 KB, 251x289
>>71599294
>tfw Enterprise is a radically altered version of 22nd century history due to First Contact/Temporal Cold War
>but the 23rd/24th centuries somehow proceed with only minor changes (remastered editions)
>>
He was, yes. The writers wanted to really build up to that, which was why it wasn't introduced until later in the series. Hell, the producers were like "FUCKING FIX THIS CHARACTER NOBODY LIKES HIM" but they were all "LOOK, DAWG, WE GOT A PLAN. WE GOT THIS."
>>
>>71600325
The genetic mutation angle didn't fix Bashir.

His personality and reactions to situations was fundamentally the same, except, now, he can calculate the square root of Pi with only 2 hours of sleep or something of that nature.

The character wasn't bad, but, to be perfectly frank, it was acted somewhat poorly.

I don't think he's a bad actor I just found that scenes where there wasn't a sombre or placid tone to be way too upbeat for his demeanor.

I like Sid but Bashir was just a bit too "enh" for my tastes.
>>
File: 1463932532440.jpg (468 KB, 1184x1046) Image search: [Google]
1463932532440.jpg
468 KB, 1184x1046
>It's Bashir/O'brien episode
>>
>>71600436
Fixing the character, as the producers wanted, would have precluded the his augment origins. So they had to build him slowly. It obviously wasn't in their plans that he's be friends with O'Brien and all that jazz, that sort of stuff evolved naturally. It was his robotic and sometimes nearly autistic traits that were the set-up for his origins.
>>
>>71600569
Addendum: Which was why people thought he was a bad/awkward character.
>>
>>71600436
I knew memorizing that would come in handy someday
>>
File: BenjaminSisko.jpg (90 KB, 634x876) Image search: [Google]
BenjaminSisko.jpg
90 KB, 634x876
>>71599294

Daily reminder that NigTrek9 was a boring soap opera with a bunch of unlikeable characters, feminists everywhere, a token nig commander, and way too many space jews.
>>
>>71601600
You are a clog in the gene pool, 'tard-o.
>>
File: refined gorilla.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
refined gorilla.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>71601600
Are you a Genefag who hates DS9 because it went a bit against the future utopia bullshit or are just an idiot?
>>
Siddig has said in interviews that he HATED the genetic engineering subplot and he bristled against being pigeonholed as a new Data like character, and it shows in his performance. I always liked Bashir regardless, especially how they developed his friendship with O'Brien.
>>
>>71604581
That was probably the best part of Bashir was his friendship with Miles. The original Dax sub-plot was fun for a short time.

I personally loved that episode where the El-Aurian shows up and finds a toy that utilizes reverse spinning neutrinos to make the outcome of events change.

All the while, Julian and O'Brien are playing hoverball and Miles keeps getting pissed off until he starts winning.
>>
>>71601620
>>71603216

triggered
>>
File: sooty says go away.gif (1 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
sooty says go away.gif
1 MB, 250x188
>>71604892
If that constitutes triggered I don't even know what the word means anymore.
>>
>>71603216
It's an edgy contrarian who claims that every series is shit except Enterprise.

They post the same pasta every time.
>>
File: doran.jpg (82 KB, 756x802) Image search: [Google]
doran.jpg
82 KB, 756x802
>>71599294
god damn Bashir's talent was completely wasted on GoT
>>
File: favorthebold_749.jpg (52 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
favorthebold_749.jpg
52 KB, 692x530
>cucked by captain boday
>cucked by captain sisko
>cucked by a wheel chair
>cucked by rom
>cucked by worf
>cucked by an internship
>cucked by captain boday again
>cucked by worf again
>cucked by keiko

Is anyone a bigger cuck in the star trek universe?
>>
File: 1435580147273.jpg (406 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1435580147273.jpg
406 KB, 1200x1600
>>
>>71605315
Good luck, Bryan Fuller.
>>
>>71605210
>contrarian

Is that some kind of alien species? I've never heard of them. What show/season/episode can I find it in?
>>
>>71605288
>Is anyone a bigger cuck in the star trek universe?
Worf
>>
>Siddig will never be James Bond
He's literally perfect. Classy, still kinda white and he harkens back to the good old days of the empire.
>>
>>71605934
In Britain he's considered as black. Anything not 100% white is considered to be black over there.

>Alexander Siddig: "And um if I see Colm Meaney we’ll have a drink and bitch at each other. That’s all we do. I realize looking back at my history with him, I went out with him twice a week every week for seven years – drinking. Boy, he can pack em away. And all we did was fight. And I guess that’s what they did on the show too. But we fought in real life all the time. He would set me up, he’d take me to Irish bars where they hated English people. I would think they were being racist about the fact that I’m black and they weren’t. The just hated the English people, they would just hear my accent and they’d – and he just laughed his head off."
>racist about the fact that I'm black
>the fact that I'm black
>I'm black
Wew lads.
>>
>>71606077
>Yank trying to tell me about my own country
Lad...
>>
>>71606172
You're either a NEET or a liar. Go to sleep, you (should) have work in the morning.
>>
>>71606218
Going interrailing today like the arrogant student I am. Waiting for my cheap Ryanair flight.
>>
>>71606218
July 4th
Working in the morning
>>
>>71606293
June 23rd is the British Independence Day.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.