[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Films women will never truly understand.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: taxiDriver1.jpg (184 KB, 1425x1074) Image search: [Google]
taxiDriver1.jpg
184 KB, 1425x1074
ITT: Films women will never truly understand.
>>
File: ladri di biciclette.jpg (73 KB, 580x823) Image search: [Google]
ladri di biciclette.jpg
73 KB, 580x823
>>
File: there_will_be_blood_ver4_xlg.jpg (258 KB, 1028x1500) Image search: [Google]
there_will_be_blood_ver4_xlg.jpg
258 KB, 1028x1500
>>
>>71591892
Most men don't understand this film, either. Even ones that have seen it multiple times.

There are genuinely people on /tv/ who have seen Taxi Driver multiple times and actually think Travis was a veteran.
>>
>>71594225
>Wikipedia literally says he was an honorably discharged U.S. Marine
>>
File: women will never understand.jpg (506 KB, 1920x1909) Image search: [Google]
women will never understand.jpg
506 KB, 1920x1909
>>71594225
But he did fight in Vietnam
>>
Pretty sure they're just as capable of understanding these films as you are, guys.
>>
File: apocalypse_now.jpg (606 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse_now.jpg
606 KB, 1600x1200
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 168x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 168x250
>>
>>71594262
>Wikipedia
>WIKIPEDIA
>>
>>71594225
What leads you to believe that Travis wasn't a veteran? We even see some wicked scars on his side that look like shrapnel wounds.
>>
>>71594225
He also gives the guy at the taxi company his discharge papers in the first scene.
>>
Guy went postal to save an umderage prostitute. What's there to understand?

Leon The professional did it better.
>>
File: Brokeback_mountain.jpg (95 KB, 250x371) Image search: [Google]
Brokeback_mountain.jpg
95 KB, 250x371
They could never understand the camaraderie.

Two guys just having a good time.
>>
>>71594499
What are themes?
>>
>>
>>71594579
shhhh its a woman. Cant understand.
>>
>>71594225
From my perspective, he very well may have been. He may not have been. It doesn't matter though. The film has nothing to do with his status as a veteran. It's a tale depicting the feelings of ennui Travis struggles with. This is made note of a multitude of times throughout the film in its dialogue, Travis' actions, and interactions with others. Travis himself claims that all he ever need in life "was a sense of someplace to go". This is why Travis makes no distinction between the attempted assassination of Palantine or the killing of the pimps. Both of theseacts were naught but desperate attempts to validate his own existence. Something by which he would be remembered.

It's not abou loneliness. It's not about mental illness. It's about a man's need for purpose.
>>
>>71594499
Woman detected. See my post here >>71595049
>>
The Revenant
>>
File: irreversible.jpg (124 KB, 560x325) Image search: [Google]
irreversible.jpg
124 KB, 560x325
>>
Why did Travis try to kill Palatine? Was it just so he could make a name for himself?
>>
>>71594381

Is this the most ' lè kìnòmatographìqùe excellènte' ever?
>>
>>71594363
My gf loves Blade Runner
>>
>Why would they do all that just for one guy?
>>
>>71595049
And in the end, he still hasn't found it. Travis will spiral downward the same way that he did before, as evidenced by the sharp, paranoid look he gives in the rearview at the end of the movie. He wasn't the hero the first time, but the media portrayed him as one. This time, however, he may not get the same treatment from the press. As the credits end, we exit from the interior of the cab to a vast sea of headlights. This kind of person could be anyone and everyone.

"I do not believe that life should be dedicated to morbid self-attention. I believe that one should become a person, like other people."

This quote immediately precedes his infatuation, and subsequent obsession, with Betsy. I DO think that Travis is mentally ill. I think that the thinks that he sees as "sick [and] venal" compel him into a frenzy. The movie is about urban decay as much as it is about mental illness, or finding one's purpose. Travis sees himself as a crusader ridding the city of evil.

I don't know. I'm just kind of rambling. I really like this movie, though.
>>
>>71595578
Nobody believes this movie
>>
>>71595578
Because saving Private Ryan may have been the othe one decent thing they were able to pull out of that whole godawful, shitty mess.
>>
>>71595575
I'm sorry, she was a man
>>
>>71595444
What the fuck? Why has nobody checked this gentleman's trips?

Good triples.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.