[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate this character. Episode 7 should've just been about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 19
I hate this character. Episode 7 should've just been about a rogue stormtrooper that learns the ways of the force and a dark apprentice that is desperately trying to follow in the steps of his grandfather.

If Kathleen Kennedy wanted her female role then she should've turned Poe into a female ace pilot. That would've been exponentially better.

The movie is so good up until the point Rey LITERALLY snatches us away from the happenings on the Star Destroyer right to her roaming around scavenging. It's like a girl who's jealous of her boyfriend having too much fun with the guys on the couch so she ruins the fun so that the attention can fall back on her.

Literally every time the Attack on Jakku scene ends I just turn the movie off. After that scene it's no longer a Star Wars movie it's just a feminist SJW flick with an agenda.
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
Apologize /tv/. Now.
>>
self bump
>>
>>71590472
I'M SORRY GEORGE.
>>
>>71590472
George..
>>
>>71590472
sorry
>>
>>71590472
Even with all its shortcomings, TFA is still infinitely better than the prequels.
>>
>>71591076
Doesn't make it a good star wars movie, but only people who were actual fans realize this. It's a decent sci-fi action movie though.
>>
File: 61.jpg (39 KB, 445x469) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
39 KB, 445x469
>>71590392
>I hate
>>
>>71591076
Revenge of the Sith is objectively better than TFA.
>>
>>71590392
I want to lick her armpits
>>
>>71591774
>terrible script
>terrible acting
>boring, static camerawork
>plot revolves around everyone acting like idiots
>objectively better

Nice meme. TFA is a mechanically well made movie and the worst you can say about it is that it borrows from the original trilogy. The prequels are fundamentally broken films.

TFA is honestly better than ROTJ when you take nostalgia out of the equation
>>
>>71591076
The Prequels are much better children's movies. Lots of imaginative stuff in there.

TFA is just generic, by-the-numbers bullshit for manchildren and braindead normies. It'll definitely be forgotten before the Prequels are.
>>
>>71591076
Nope, not even remotely
>>
>>71591190

How was it not a Star Wars movie?
>>
>>71592074
It's fanfiction. It adds nothing new to the setting. It could just as easily take place in the Star Trek universe or some other random space opera setting.
>>
>>71590392
what do her teeth smell like
>>
>>71591903
>TFA is honestly better than ROTJ when you take nostalgia out of the equation

Wew time to kill yourself senpai. TFA isn't even a film like RotJ is. Its a Disney product that heavily borrows from Marvel's capeshit elements. The film feels like a two hour trailer that holds off on the action and cinematic virtue just to save it for the future installments in the universe. It's a perfect example of everything that's wrong with Hollywood today and how we've become content with subpar blockbusters that are meant to just be a “taste" of what's to come in future sequels instead of being a singular film that holds gravitas and weight.
>>
>>71591903
>there are people like this who actually exist

The only film that Ep 7 is definitively better than is Ep 2.
>>
>>71592107

It adds splinter group from the Empire, a slowly rebuilding Republic (which is ultimately destroyed), a stormtrooper rebelling against his programming, a scavenger of unknown origins, Han doing actual smuggler things, new force moves, and a villain who is actually torn between his desire for for dark power and an inherent call to the light because the Snoke has broken into his mind since he was a child. Not to mention force visions.

None of that stuff has been seen before.
>>
>>71592276
that's a stretch.

ep 7 is the worst of the bunch honestly.

the most simple minded, idiotic, childish of all of them.
>>
>>71590392
I just wish the music was good. Every star wars has music I remember except this one.
>>
>>71592303
It's uninspired shit that could easily take place in another generic space opera setting with only a few small cosmetic changes.
>>
>>71592421
Rey's theme is the one that stands out to me, but nowhere near as much as say, Duel of the Fates or the Imperial March.
>>
>>71592482

You do know that ANH is the most generic of all plotlines right? It's the Hero Journey.

That doesn't stop it from being amazing.
>>
>>71592391
Agreed.

I wish Adam Driver and Oscar Issac hadn't debased themselves with this trash.
>>
>>71590392
God I wish they get rid off that stupid hairstyle.
>>
I'd be surprisingly ok with strong female character who can do anything and is loved by everyone, if she was at least sexually attractive.
Instead we get this deformed talentless goblin.
>>
>>71592190
You just decided you were going to hate the movie because le evul jews made it

And lets just ignore how George was a moneyminded executive from square 1, the auteur shit was a lie he told himself
>>
>>71592874
Never once did I say anything about Jews. I gave a clear and coherent opinion about my disdain for the movie. Stop putting words in my mouth o save face and change the narrative.

And George can be all those things, but atleast he was visually creative.
>>
>>71592974

You haven't answered this yet:

>>71592555
>>
>>71591903
Gr8 b8
>>
>>71592974
>Never once did I say anything about Jews

You decided that since Disney made it you were going to hate it. You're going to deny it, but you made up your mind about TFA when Disney purchased Lucasfilm in 2012.
>>
File: 479439843.jpg (424 KB, 800x869) Image search: [Google]
479439843.jpg
424 KB, 800x869
>>71591903
The Force Awakens suffers from pretty bad pacing after the first act and never really explains itself well (meaning it can't stand on its own two feet). Plus, its protagonist is bland and overpowered. The score is forgettable and the film has a scene straight out of Phantom Menace (rathars). On top of all this, it steals all of its good ideas from the Original Trilogy and leaves what little new stuff it has underdeveloped. People will be more open to admitting its numerous flaws once the hype truly wears down. The excitement about there being a competent SW film for the first time in decades is still in the air.
>>
>there are actually people so contrarian as to say the prequels are better than TFA
Anyone who says this needs to rewatch them, they are fucking garbage. RotS is about on par with TFA but PM and AotC are some of the worst big budget movies ever made
>>
>>71593138
Quite the opposite I was actually excited.

stop projecting your own feelings onto me.
>>
>>71592190
How is any star wars movie a stand alone film? Even a new hope has a sequel hook with Vader getting blasted into the unknown. And empire and rotj are all based on a setup made by the previous films. And we all know george made background characters have names and a backstory to sell toys of them.
>>
>it's a "Star Wars wasn't always garbage" shit
>>
>>71593635
Are you gonna seriously argue ANH wasn't a self contained film just because Vader gets away?
>>
>>71591076
In the technical sense, yes.
>>
>>71593304
This.
>>
File: 1467432968125.jpg (12 KB, 474x473) Image search: [Google]
1467432968125.jpg
12 KB, 474x473
>>71590392
>should've turned Poe into a female ace pilot
holy crap this really is so much better
>>
Can anyone explain why all of those pieces of shit with a STRONK FEMALE PROTAGONIST always have male villains who are pathetic incompetent idiots? Is it because if a male villain was scary and competent, he'd quickly show the bitch her place and there'd be no story?
>>
>>71593878
It is a self-contained film, but it's open-ended.
>>
>>71594110
Finn not being a racist caricature would have been nice.
>>
>>71593878
You're right. We all know a man like Vader would probably just retire to naboo and drink blue milk for the rest of his life. But I would actually argue that ANH isn't a stand alone film because the series was written as a fucking trilogy from the start, and has two sequels to finish the story.
>>
>>71591903
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boring, static camerawork

Oh boy.
>>
I thought we stopped giving a shit about TFA. Stop making threads about Rey you unoriginal plebs. She's been milked to death, every flaw scrutinised in detail. We can stop now.
>>
>>71593304
>pacing

Stopped reading here. That is the be all and end all of TFA debates. Decent film that was mired in poor pacing.

And dull, unimaginative set design, but that's a whole different matter.
>>
>>71594321
This. The hate is understandable but it's been 6 months now.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 634x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 634x758
>>71590472
But the concept of Rey was George's idea...

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/730199943156142080
>>
>>71590392
>should've just been about a rogue stormtrooper that learns the ways of the force and a dark apprentice that is desperately trying to follow in the steps of his grandfather.
>should've turned Poe into a female ace pilot.
Most of your post is shit but this would have been cool.
>>
Why do people like female protagonists in actionshit again?
Women don't know how to fight (inb4 muh Gina Carano, Ronda Rousey, etc. Any male who's not a fat fuck or a skinny fag could knock them out in one punch)
Men being competent in combat doesn't feel as jarring and unrealistic.
>>
>>71594321
>l-leave my waifu out of this
>>
>>71590472
fuck this fat sperg
>>
>>71591076
the prequels though poorly done was miles above that crock of shit that was the force awakens. Ms maRey sue and all was pure and utter shit, in especially jar jar binks, i mean finn.
>>
>>71591190
>>71591774
>>71591991
>>71592012

(you) have autism.
>>
>>71595001
Yeah, because Jew Jew and the rat are so much better, right? Get the fuck outta here you fucking failure at life.
>>
>>71590392
I can't tell if it's just meming or not, but do people on here actually think there are any good star wars movies?
The prequels are complete and utter shit, and the originals really aren't much better. Is it nostalgia or just a joke?
>>
>>71595078
You allowed the Jew and the rat to fool you into thinking that piece of shit was actually enjoyable. Cognitive Dissonance is off the charts with ye.
>>
>>71595195
The prequels were shitty and the originals not much better but even their mediocrity is miles above the shit awakens. I find it hilarious that everyone praises such a shit film. fuck that movie.
>>
File: 1455163682370.gif (2 MB, 540x220) Image search: [Google]
1455163682370.gif
2 MB, 540x220
>>71590472
You know what you did george, you TRAITOR
>>
>>71595125
(You) have autism. kys
>>
>>71595200
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>71595571
Yes, I have autism because I didn't ride the trending cock carousel a lot of yous new age fucking dimshits eat up because Harpo or Nelle or queen dyke fat bitch says you should get on as soon as possible. No thank you. the shit awakens was the grossest pile of shit I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>71591903
TFA's acting was the best of the series. People always forget that the OT acting was pretty meh most of the time. And we all know how they somehow managed to make decent actors seem terrible in the PT.

But while TFA's actors were good, its script was bad and the acting couldn't quite save it.
>>
>>71592482
>complain about generic story
>ANH was literally designed to be as generic as possible
>>
>>71595606
What do tell strikes you as the force awakens best bits, the sweeping score, the epic cinematography, the beautiful epic other worldliness or the characters in especially the bitch who can do all things being disney's newest tiara princess who needs no man and stuff.
>>71595728
the force awakens acting was the best? which scene was the best, dimshit?
>>
>>71595731
Generic means, you incorrigible cunt, Run of the mill or not unique something that's like something before it that isn't special as is.

A new Hope, you insufferable dimshit, was the greatest science fiction story ever told. Find me one movie that parallels it. You can't and you won't. Jar Jar and the Rat copied ANH and Empire and Return and mixed up a perfect batch of dog shit calling it the shit awakens.
>>
>>71594110
But then they couldn't make him gay for progressive points.
>>
>>71594646
Women can fight, they're just never as strong as men. But it doesn't matter in this movie because the normal rules don't apply when a character has the Force. They can just say that boosts all of her abilities.
>>
File: 1356998326227.png (142 KB, 352x300) Image search: [Google]
1356998326227.png
142 KB, 352x300
>>71595882
Doesn't change the fact that ol' Georgie set out to implement the Hero's Journey by the numbers. But you could keep being mad though, if that gives you a reason to live.
>>
>>71595931
>Women can fight
Fuck no. All they can do is flail their arms around like retards in real life. I'm sure that even if my size, strength, speed and durability were on par with an average woman, I'd still easily beat her.
>>
>>71596093
>the female flesh is simply no match for my fedora fighting sensibilities
>>
>>71595951
>>71595951
The hero's Journey by the numbers you say? So what did the shit awakens implement? Because if I remember the Hero's journey, the hero starts off as a weakling who through the course of his 'JOURNEY' develops into a hero. He doesn't start off a hero but he becomes one, because in the beginning he fails repeatedly and with the help of friends he meets on this journey he finds success, but, only after much trial and error.

Ms maRey sue however flew the falcon all by herself when previously it was established it ran better with two pilots in especially in a dog fight.

But not Ms Tiara princess of power who could into everything thing right out the gate because the Hero's journey was a never you mind to Jar Jar and the rat. she could climb, she could out force use an active force master, she could into everything just because even telepathy, sword fencing, and force pull, apparently. Luke took minutes, several of them to pull his saber to him and in fact, he later got his ass handed to him by a master when vader pushed debris at him and he tried to block it and failed. Were it maRey sue however, Vader would have gotten his shit pushed in.
>>
>>71595951
I think the only equivalent would could be applicable to how ridiculously fucking powerful maRey sue is, if Neo in the first Matrix film woke up with all the powers he had by the third movie. If that were the case we'd have called Neo a poorly done bullshit gary stu. But no, the wachowski BROTHERS, knew well enough that the Hero had to gain his power only after much trial and error and by movie's end, NEO gained his power. By the third movie however, the only power Neo could have used against the bad guy was the power of self sacrifice. A fitting end to a brilliant Hero on the HERO'S JOURNEY.

fuck the force awakens, fuck the rat and fuck jar jar abr'shits.
>>
>>71596629
Most girls in the mma would get their shit pushed in by the geekiest of geeks. I kid you not. A man's muscle and bone density's that much greater, even the geeky kind.
>>
>>71594303
Its shot reverse shot ad nauseum in front of blue and green screens.

>inb4redditlettermedia
>>
File: Reylo.jpg (83 KB, 507x507) Image search: [Google]
Reylo.jpg
83 KB, 507x507
It's happening.
>>
File: 1460361129892.png (3 MB, 3099x1700) Image search: [Google]
1460361129892.png
3 MB, 3099x1700
>>71591076
BACK OFF
>>
It should have been about the piwer vacuum left aftwr the empire fell it should have been about a former imperial marshal who hunts down rebels who are wanted by the imperial remnant for questioning regarding terror attacks and bonvings
>>
>>71597045
Except Rey is more akin to Neo in the first movie. Some powers are awakened and she beat the bad guy but theres more training to be done and the bad guy will be back for more in the next one

Youre just mad rey is a girl, even if youve convinced yourself otherwise
>>
File: 1467230765661.jpg (15 KB, 315x358) Image search: [Google]
1467230765661.jpg
15 KB, 315x358
>>71597202
>Reylo happening
>>
>>71597252
>Youre just mad rey is a girl, even if youve convinced yourself otherwise
I'm starting to believe that this must be the number one reason that fuels these threads. If she had been a guy there wouldn't be as many threads bitching about him. Sure he would be compared to Luke and be called shit but not to this extent.
>>
File: 8dd.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8dd.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>71597220
This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. The prequels suck fucking balls. Yippee!
>>
>>71597534
Yes but not because of misogyny, it's because the directors made her over the top good at everything BECAUSE they were writing for a female character
>>
>>71597252
You're fucking retarded. maRey sue effortless out mind pulled a force master then went out to outfight him with force ability and fencing. He had her at the edge, he says force and suddenly, she overpowers him? FUCK!

How in the fuck is that paralleled by Neo, you fucking idiot? Neo, believing he was the one still got his ASS HANDED TO HIM, BY SMITH! Because he was able to flip out of the way of the train saved his ass. IN fact, he didn't beat Smith until HE FUCKING DIED!

Admit it, she's a maRey sue!

>>71597534
The only force ability Luke showed was timing when to pull the trigger, when people say he forced the torpedo into the tubes using the force I want to find them and poke them in the eye.
The missiles had a homing computer, the hardest bit was lining them up to the tubes. The targeting computer couldn't handle the trajectory and the changing environment. Luke used the force to time when to fire, that's it. He didn't do shit after firing at the right time.

>>71597617
The revenge of the sith was a better movie though.
>>
>>71590392
kys
>>
>>71597347
There is actually more evidence pointing to it lately and I'm not sure what to think.
>>
>>71597986
>kylo ren
>force master

Youre an idiot who didnt understand the character.
>>
>>71598046
Like what? Nothing has been confirmed by those msw guys.
>>
>>71598091
Shows what you fucking know about the lore, which is fine Mr casual viewer. But sorry, FORCE TELEPATHIC INTORROGATION, AND FORCE FREEZE are two of the most Over Powered force abilities ever shown on film. In ANH, vader resorted to an inquisition droid to find out the location of the rebel base. In the second film, he used the same against Han. Han fired at Vader and vader used his mechanical glove to absorb the shots.
KYLO REN GETS IN YOUR HEAD AND FORCES YOU TO REVEAL SECRETS TO HIM, AND HE FORCES NOT ONLY AN ELECTRIC PLASMA BOLT IN MID AIR BUT ALSO THE ONE WHO FIRED THE FUCKING SHOT!

You force awakens groupies makes me violently ill when you try to defend that dog shit.
>>
>>71598091
>>71598236
Nothing, since the advent of sith lighting is as impressive as force freeze. How many force users we saw die in the prequels That could have really used force freeze?

They made maRey sue all powerful because disney can't into sequels and had to have their tiara princess find her crown and beat the bad guy by film's end. Name me one tiara princess who got her power up or crown by the third film.
>>
I loved the developing romance between your character, Finn and Rey in “The Force Awakens.” How is that romance evolving in the next chapter?

Boyega: I mean, we didn’t establish a romance in seven; we never played it that way. Daisy and I, we’re friends.

So there’s no romance?

Boyega: Yes, Finn and Rey – they’re just friends. Finn is a storm trooper, so he doesn’t really know what’s going on. So the romance thing is something that’s going to be interesting in the next installment. It’s not going to go the way you think it’s going to go.
>>
>>71598236
Im sorry that you think the force is DBZ powerlevels and youre incapable of understanding character arcs
>>
>>71598151
Rey not wanting to kill him according to leaks, Rey Skywalker being basically dead, Boyega coming out and pretty saying FinnRey won't happen and that the romance will go in an "unexpected" way, the weirdly suggestive Star Wars celebration art that was approved.

It's more likely that Rey will end up alone like Luke and I honestly couldn't give half a fuck about what happens to her character anyways. But I wouldn't mind Reylo happening purely so I can watch the huge shitfit half the internet will throw about it.
>>
>>71598091
He's not a master but he's very skilled in the Force. It just doesn't matter when he's mentally and emotionally fucked and then very heavily injured later.
>>
>>71590472
I shouldn't apologize because I've always liked Phantom Menace. You fuckers should apologize
>>
>>71598466
Even if they show signs, Kylo's redemption ends with him dying.
>>
>>71590472
Sorry
>>
>>71598625
If they do redeem Kylo, I don't see them killing him at the end. They'd want to differentiate things from Vader's "redemption". Especially if he's the only Skywalker kid like it's increasingly seeming.
>>
But... the Skywalker line must continue.
>>
>>71598441
Get your fucking head out of your ass and stop using words you clearly knows nothing about. Pain, Confusion, suffering, fear all these negatives makes one stronger in the darkside. Pain, suffering, fear, confusion, all of these feed the dark side, that's established lore. Force freeze and telepathic interrogation are easily the most powerful abilities ever seen in seven movies.
Kylo Ren makes sense as a powerful force user, maRey sue, some orphan girl left on a shitty version of tattoine, who never used the force a day in her fucking life and didn't even believe it existed but suddenly she can into everything force because she believed in the hidden tiara of feminine femininity all disney tiara princesses has and wished upon a star and lo, FORCE POWERS WERE HERS FROM THEN ON, because she believed in the force.

By said reasoning, maRey sue could play basketball, or drive in the indy five hundred or play gulf even better than tiger woods because she believes in herself and empowered by her hidden magical tiara of feminine femininity where in one doesn't need to FUCKING TRAIN AND PRACTICE AND MEDITATE PERPETUALLY AND PROLIFICALLY like Luke did, or Obi wan or Anakin. One only needs to believe in themselves and wish upon a star.

FUCK!

>>71598546
Oh he's fucking master. He uses abilities never seen or used by anyone. If Palpatine could have, he would have and that goes doubly so for Vader. In fact he was a boss telepathic until maRey sue beats him for no reason at all.
>>
>>71590472
This retard's hack work comes off as special, heartfelt and truly Star-Warsy in comparison to J.J.'s depressing ass product.
>>
>>71598151
This actually gives it some possibility. At first I thought it was tumblr fan art but was a bit surprised that Lucasfilm commissioned and approved this.
>>
>>71598441
ANOTHER FUCKIGN THING, IF FORCE ABILITIES WERE SO mamby pamby easy to get, all Obi wan and qui gon jinn had to say to their learners was for them to believe in the force but no, they spoke of training and practicing and of how it takes YEARS. Like how Kylo Ren trained for years and years and years.

maRey sue though collected junk and eat shit out of cans. fuck this movie!

>>71598729
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>71598716
You are so autistic it hurts
>>
>>71598716
You seem to really loathe this fictional character.
>>
>>71590392
Fun Fact: Rey's story is great IF this were a long TV season arc that would explain most of what is going on with her.

The reason why anyone has a problem with this movie is because its far too slow to wait 18 months to know what happens to her, so they used this slow burn plot that belongs in Breaking Bad not in a movie, which leads people to start all this maRey sue type rumor, instead of letting the movie series just develop.

JJ could have made the movie so much better if he had Luke say "Its been 20 years, welcome back" THEN END

It would have answered so much stuff in one sentence.
>>
>>71598690
>murders his own dad
>gets redeemed
>continues the Skywalker line by impregnating the heroine

I doubt Disney will have to balls to do that. Fanboys will send threats and boycott anything Star Wars related.
>>
>>71598625
That would be such a tragic end for Leia though. Her home planet was blown up by her own father, her husband was killed by her son, and then her only child dies? That would mean no happy endings for Leia. Would Disney seriously do that?
>>
>>71598882
It doesn't fucking matter, now does it. The thing about us fucking autist are the specifics. I can miss them when it comes to people but now and again i see patterns where people see random shit. Like how the big bang is pure bullshit because it makes no fucking sense, none of it.

But this movie was pure shit. 30 fucking plus years I waited and for this? FUCK.

>>71598910
THEY CREATED THIS FUCKING CHARACTER TO STICK IT TO GUYS, TO MAKE STAR WARS FOR GIRLS LIKE HOW THEY'VE FUCKED UP GHOST BUSTERS BECAUSE IT'S GIRLS TIME!

remember an experiment a cable tycoon engaged in when she sank a billion dollars by hiring only women and in the end the women were at each other's throats and destroyed her business utterly and she finished with, "there is no sisterhoods, there never was, women are generally think skinned, almost always shallow and uninterested in anything revolutionary other than hair, make up and does this make me look fat."

>>71598974
No, J.J should have implied that maRey sue was a clone of some dark jedi from ancient time or that she had the spirit of a long dead jedi implanted in her or she's some discovered clone from some sith project or an ancient sith ship crashed and she just recently came out of stasis or something.

but to have some junk collecting dirty street rat suddenly into flying the falcon, beating everyone else, and mastering the force? FUCK.
>>
>>71599060
I honestly wouldn't mind this.
>>
>>71599075
Considering they don't give a fuck about Leia, and don't know how to write for her...probably
>>
>>71599190
Sounds too much like a fanfic.
>>
File: download.png (11 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11 KB, 194x259
>>71599076
You sound like you have your own issues to work out, friendo
>>
>>71599075
It doesn't matter, Leia is just there for nostalgia dollars. Anything she does or says does not matter. She even hugs the wrong person.

Han was just there to die like he always wanted to, after one last nostalgia dollar trip. He didn't even have to act like Han Solo, he was just Indiana Jones again.
>>
>>71599329
At the moment, I have issues with the Rat and Jew Jew.
>>
>>71599374
Then why did they just come out with a novel (Bloodline) from Leia's POV. She is Luke's twin sister and general of the Resistance, she still has to be important for the narrative.
>>
>>71599414
Keep pretending you're anything but an autistic sperglord who's throwing a tantrum over a girl in star wars because girls won't fuck you
>>
>>71599465
Nostalgia bucks and trying to fix their terrible writing.

Don't worry, it won't matter in EP 8 when Leia has 2 scenes. One where she meets Luke again, and another where she hugs Chewbacca after giving pilots another speech.
>>
File: 1458740714806.png (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1458740714806.png
3 MB, 1920x800
>>71599414
>a fictional girl triggers him
>>
>>71592303
Force visions have played a big part in most of the star wars films since being introduced in Empire, dumbass.
>>
>>71594127
Because you can't write a female protagonist with flaws anymore and their male antagonists can never have the upper hand not in in the beginning of the movie cuz that promotes misogyny(i.e. you can't even have a promotional billboard with the main villain having the female protag in a dangerous position.)
>>
>>71599060
News flash: Disney isn't making these movies for fanboys anymore.
>>
>>71590472
Sorry. Sorry you're such a fat disgusting pig that will be infinitely more happy and successful than I will ever be.
>>
File: 4xojspk.gif (3 MB, 360x249) Image search: [Google]
4xojspk.gif
3 MB, 360x249
>>71595376
Why the FUCK that wasn't captain Phasma?
That "Traitor" remark made no fucking sense coming from that anonymous trooper, it should've been Phasma combating Finn
>>
>>71592391

Third party here. When did you last watch Episode 2? My GF had never seen the star wars movies, so we had a marathon before episode 7 came out so she would be caught up, and I can honestly say that Attack of the Clones is the worst movie I have ever watched a second time. The Padme-Anakin relationship is TERRIBLE. It ruins both episode 2 and 3 (they're worse than episode I), but at least Padme, the free spirited queen of Naboo, is a subservient housewife secondary throw away character in episode 3, so even though her character is ruined, you don't have to see her and Anakin on the screen at the same time as much.
>>
>>71590392
Re-watched episode 7 the other night, second time seeing it(saw the first one at the cinema with my brother, which was hype). It really aged like milk, I dunno if its all the /tv/ memes, but I just couldn't watch the whole thing and enjoy it. Just turned of right after the Kylo kills Han scene.
>>
That's a story for another time.
>>
>>71600018
I actually liked it better the second time I saw it because I could let go of all of my expectations and just enjoy it for what it is.
>>
>>71599512
I could give a fuck if a girl fucks me or not. I remembered La femme Nikita, do you remember that one son? How about Kill Bill? Remember Terminator one and two? Heroins done right.

>>71599599
FUCK YOU, THIS IS STAR WARS AND I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS. then they reduced it to some feminazi schlock. I fucking hate them.
>>
>>71590392
>If Kathleen Kennedy wanted her female role then she should've turned Poe into a female ace pilot. That would've been exponentially better.

Huh, that would've been cool.
>>
>>71598701
Kylo Ren is apart of the Skywalker line, so it'd still be there.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
5 KB, 194x259
>>71600094
>unironically using the word Feminazi in a discussion about star wars
>>
>>71600079
I think that's where it worked the opposite for me, when I watched it the first time I could enjoy the whole thing(even after reading the Han spoiler), because everything was sort of new and I didnt expect what to come. Perhaps itll be better when I marathon it, when all movies are out.
>>
>>71600154
Yeah but he has to get down with someone for it to live on, ya know?
>>
>>71591076
Only the dialogue was worse in prequels, and not all of it. Some of the dialogue was good.

prequels are better in every way, tfa is like comparing hobbit to lotr.
>>
>>71600094
>being this autistic
>>
>>71590392
saw this a few weeks ago. Didn't like her character that much as she had ZERO FLAWS. Not a likable character.

Stormtrooper was pretty bro.
>>
>>71600395
Who says it has to be Kylo do to the deed? Luke is still around and he's gonna be alone with Rey on that island for a while.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.