[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>43% on RT But why though? This is a good film.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
>43% on RT

But why though? This is a good film.
>>
no quips
>>
>>71590058

nasty color grading

hard to watch shit like that
>>
>>71590058
I don't get it either. It's a 6-7/10

But stop going on RT. It's meaningless now. Imdb is more accurate and patrician.
>>
>Expecting quintessential 'Movie women will never understand' to score high on RT
>>
>>71590058
rotten tomato scores are useless. just listen to the critics you respect rather than a big lump of critics with all different opinions. Theres a reason the EU is complete shit
>>
It's the current year. A movie where the good guys are murdering a whale is not going to work.
>>
>>71590058

Disney paying reviewers to trash any film Hemsworth is in except Marvel movies.
The idea is to crash his career so he is forced to pay Thor for minimum shekels for the rest of his life.
>>
>>71590260

This tbqh. Jeremy Johns and Stuckmann are the only 2 guys I trust
>>
>>71590309
To be fair there's only one proper whaling scene, which granted, is pretty horrific; but Moby Dick fucks them up later, so it all evens out in the end.
>>
Yeah, this one i can't understand. I actually went in to watch it expecting it to be trash after seeing the reviews, but it's really good. Pretty much exactly how a Moby Dick movie should be.
>>
Why would you care so much about the opinions of faggot movie critics who are 90% brain dead libtard sheep?
>>
These dudes are KILLING WHALES and getting rich! Tumblr hates them! Find out how they did it and made millions!
>>
It was a different time though, when you would harpoon a whale instead of letting it write blogs about how you're supposed to like the shitty new Ghostbusters.
>>
>>71591435
>All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks ... If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there’s naught beyond. But ‘tis enough. He tasks me; he heaps me; I see in him outrageous strength, with an inscrutable malice sinewing it. That inscrutable thing is chiefly what I hate; and be the white whale agent, or be the white whale principal, I will wreak that hate upon him. Talk to me not of blasphemy, man; I’d smite the sun if it insulted me.
~Captain Ahab

>It's only a whale.
~Thor
>>
>>71590058
Did that come out? I actually wanted to see it but it seemed to go totally under the radar.
>>
>>71592077

More like under the water HUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
>>71590058
Not enough quips
>>
>>71590058
Watched it a while ago but I remember it being pretty bad. Overly reliant on CG backdrops and the lighting felt completely off. Story was generic Oscar bait material with underdeveloped characters getting killed off with no emotional impact. The whaling scene was pretty good and brutal.
>>
>every thread involves people saying it's "a man's movie people don't get"
>it's actually Needless Bickering: the movie

Get over yourselves. Most of this played out like a reality show you'd see on Bravo.
>>
>>71592111

Or under the sonar LOLOLOL
>>
>>71590058
>One of if not the greatest American novel
>Average movie

This is why I hated it. I wanted a mother fucking Moby Dick movie.
>>
>literally nothing happens: the movie
>inb4 things that plebs say
>>
>a love letter to water
>being well received
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.