[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knight of Cups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
help me understand what did I just watch /tv/
>>
>>71588228
Shitty 8 1/2

I actually like Knight of Cups, but it's not unbelievably amazing and it's quite flawed
>>
>>71588228
eating the feet of herslag
>>
another nonsensical garbage pretentious auteur piece that malickfags gobble up in an attempt to appear smart to plebs because christian bale walking on the beach looking at the sunset in his $3k armani suit must have some deeeeeeeeeeeep meaning
>>
>>71588346
Well memed bro.
>>
>>71588346
epic
>>
>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own. Here, he—and his cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki—surpass themselves. Where “The Tree of Life” is filled with memories, is even about memory, “Knight of Cups” is close to a first-person act of remembering, and the ecstatic power of its images and sounds is a virtual manifesto, and confession, of the cinematic mind at work.
>>
>>71588477
>>71588548
Hello summer friends! enjoying your stay here in 4chan?
>>
More like Night of Cucks.
>>
>>71588228

you won't, it's not hard to understand but it's art, and unless you have the right set of mind, you won't. Basically you have to be a successful male to understand it, Batman is going through an existential crisis in the sense of Camus -which is shitty introductory philosophy- in which he has everything but feels empty and tries to connect with the word but fails.

t. successful male.
>>
>>71588554
I'm sorry, Richard, but have you ever seen a Resnais or Fellini movie?
>>
>>71588666
>>t. successful male.
what is your success ?

I bet that your ''''''''''''''''success'''''''''''''''''''is just having an easy life.
>>
>>71588820
I am a college professor since 21, 24 right now, have several books published, stable salary, regular sex with young girls. Yes, liberal arts, laugh. Yes, i'm from a shithole latinamerican country.
>>
Does a good quality torrent of this not exist, I could only find a shitty one
>>
this analysis spawned from a discussion thread, good stuff

https://letterboxd.com/knightofcup/film/knight-of-cups/
>>
Was the Hollywood party scene an actual Hollywood party Malick just stuck some cameras in? I swear a bunch of people looked straight at the camera
>>
Meandering
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.