[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This is not a weekend excursion. >This is a serious investigation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>This is not a weekend excursion.
>This is a serious investigation of the stability of the island.
>Your investors, whom I represent, are deeply concerned.
>In 48 hours, if they're not convinced, I'm not convinced.

But Gennaro, shouldn't it be the other way around? You're the one there, not the investors.
>>
Fuck Gennaro and his ill grasp of lawyer-investor relations
>>
>>71586961
I think the movie was an improvement over almost everything in the book it changed except for Gennaro.

Its funny how some of the things they changed they changed TOTALLY.

>Hammond didn't give a shit about the lives lost on his park or his grandkids.
>Grant actually really liked children because he found it impossible to dislike any group who have such a love of dinosaurs as kids do

from memory Gennaro ends up dying trying to save others too
>>
>>71587057
They pretty much flipped all the deaths.

>Gennaro lives in book, dies in movie
>Muldoon lives in book, dies in movie
>Hammond dies in book, lives in movie
>Ed Regis dies in book, isn't in the movie
>Malcolm dies in book, lives in movie
>Dr. Wu dies in book, lives in movie

pretty sure Nedry died in both
>>
>>71586400
>But Gennaro, shouldn't it be the other way around? You're the one there, not the investors.

He sends them a report.
>>
>>71587169
Yea, its been a while since i've read the book, but I remember a shitload of people dying
Gritty R-rated reboot when?
>>
>>71586400
Im pretty sure he was talking about Grant, plant lady and goldblum.
>>
>>71587244
Enh, there really weren't that many characters. In the books they had 6 survivors, but only... 6 deaths. So half, not counting people like the guy at the start.

Ray arnold died in both too.
>>
WE COUPON DAY NOW
>>
>>71587169
It was kinda pathetic how Michael Crichton tried to retcon Malcolm's death for The Lost World I guess because Goldblum was so good in the movie.

>"nah guys he didn't die that was the news reports getting the story wrong"
>>
>>71586400
I thought it was kind of messed up that book Gennaro was a real person with an arc but movie Gennaro is just some skeevy mincing jew lawyer
>>
>>71587275
They didn't invest in Jurassic Park.
>>
>>71587406

>Genaro
>Jew

Looks and sounds Italian.
>>
>>71587406
>Comes to inspect the park for safety
>instantly stops caring when he find out it'll be a cash machine
>$10,000 dollars a day and people will pay it
>>
>>71587275
Yeah when he was talking about "they" being not convinced he meant the experts that were brought in (Ian, Grant, and Sattler), not the investors. The phrasing just happened to be odd and implied that it was the investors who had to be convinced (it wasn't, that's why he was there, to serve as their proxy and make the decision for them based on the expert testimonials). If you watch the scene he even points to Grant and then himself when he says "if they're not convinced, I'm not convinced".

>>71587169
Muldoon was supposed to survive in the film and show up at the end to kill the Raptors but they decided it would be more exciting if they had the T-Rex save the day instead.

>>71587406
It was a very calculated change. Spielberg knew they had to have some shitty characters that the audience didn't care about who could get eaten. Turning Gennaro into a cowardly, "bloodsucking lawyer" stereotype was obvious because then they could feed him to the T-Rex with impunity
>>
>>71587646
Yeah, I mean I get why they did it. And Gennaro especially was ripe for that kind of characterization. I just wish they didn't have to do stuff like that
>>
>>71587646
Seriously?

Three people say no and they were going to liquidate the whole park? It was fucking done. Everything was built, the dinosaurs were there.
>>
>>71587646
>Muldoon was supposed to survive in the film and show up at the end to kill the Raptors but they decided it would be more exciting if they had the T-Rex save the day instead.

That would have been way more awesone I always that deus rex machinus was a little too convenient and a sloppy way to end the movie
>>
>>71587712
It wouldn't have been completely scrapped, it just would have meant a delay in opening. Obviously the investors would be the last people who'd want to prevent the park from existing but they'd gotten anxious as a result of the staff member getting killed by the raptor during a feeding attempt and were really worried about liability issues. I can imagine that unlike a regular nature preserve they could easily be found to be much more responsible for what the dinosaurs did as they engineered them on a genetic level (and could likely be argued to be expected to have much more control over their final behaviour than say, a zoo would be with it's animals). Hammond was pushing the idea that the park was safe and ready to open but they wanted outside experts with good reputations to sign off on it so that their asses were covered.

If the inspection had failed they'd shut the island down but only so that they could have the security and safety issues reviewed. They wouldn't have wiped the whole place out. That only happens because when the park does fail it fails so spectacularly that Hammond decides it can't be salvaged.
>>
File: chilliandseabass.jpg (64 KB, 590x443) Image search: [Google]
chilliandseabass.jpg
64 KB, 590x443
>>71586400
>In 48 hours, Alejandro will be accepting your apologies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.