[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1) How was this, and 2) Recommend horror movies that are not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: as_above_so_below.jpg (73 KB, 476x755) Image search: [Google]
as_above_so_below.jpg
73 KB, 476x755
1) How was this, and
2) Recommend horror movies that are not slasher movies
>>
>in b5 blair witch
>>
>>71582399
I actually liked it. I'm usually pretty hard to please when it comes to horror and I was into it.

The last 3 minutes are utter trash, when I watched it with friends we were joking about a potential end and lo and behold that's the ending they went with.

One of the most aesthetically pleasing bad guys though
>>
>>71582644
>joking about an ending

I don't see what the gag is, it's a found footage movie just like Blair Witch. I haven't bothered watching it, but I would assume that like BWP everyone dies.
>>
>>71582399
1. it was ok
not worth a rewatch

but decent

2. I can't, since there aren't any good horror movies. That's like asking for good horror literature. Just doesn't exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 550x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 550x544
Not scary scary but a good comfy movie
>>
>>71582725
>good horror literature
Frankenstein, Dracula, Rosemary's Baby, House of Leaves, The Exorcist

Next wild accusation, plz
>>
>>71582687
You assume too much friendo.

I forgot to mention that there's this whole National Treasure esque thread running through the movie that is some south park tier brand of stupid.

>P-p-polar bears!
>Polarities!
>Reverse the polarities!

I'd suggest House of the Devil and The Shrine too
>>
>>71582824
>characters being stupid as fuck

I thought that was played out before Reagan left office. For smart(er) characters either "It Follows" or "Cabin in the Woods" comes to mind.
>>
>>71582757
Don't forget pretty much ALL lovecraft is fucking amazing. If you want something long to invest your time into try Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath

If you're interested in another form of media check out Junji Ito. This guy is on a whole different level. Uzumaki (not the trash movie, the graphic novel) was one of the most cathartic experiences I've had reading
>>
>>71582850
It's more of them making the main character seem like "le super intelligent empowered female adventurer" but it just falls flat especially in a horror movie where the characters are usually portrayed as being hopeless. I really don't want to trash the movie too badly because like I said, I did enjoy it which is more than can be said for most modern horror
>>
>>71582923
Is it "writers attempt to write smart character but don't know how to do that," or more, "writers write smart character who must do something wildly stupid and out-of-character in order for the plot to go forward?"
>>
>>71582969
The former. She (the protagonist) makes huge assumptions to progress the story and is never punished. The whole movie they're right on the brink of death but she never really acknowledges it like the other characters do and has some insane plot armor along with her husbando.
>>
>>71583100
Ahh, lazy writing. The cornerstone of every horror movie ever made.
>>
>>71582757
frankenstein isn't horror

as for the others I haven't even heard of them so they must be awful
>>
>>71583278
>he's never heard of The Exorcist

Get your pre-pubescent underage trash-ass out of this thread you fucking fuck, until you've actually watched a horror movie. You're ridiculous.
>>
I like investigative horror so As Above, so Below scratched that itch a bit. Overall it was just ok though, didn't really meet the potential of its setting or setup.
>>
>>71583342
I was talking about books, reread your own post

>good horror literature
>Frankenstein, Dracula, Rosemary's Baby, House of Leaves, The Exorcist
>>
>>71583566
So you've heard of the movie "The Exorcist" but not the book "The Exorcist?"

Also you've never heard of Dracula?

Are you fucking retarded or southern or what?
>>
>>71582850
Green Room also had somewhat competent protagonists.
>"let's split up"
>mfw a deadpan response from one of the others
>>
As Above So Below was ok but deeply flawed. It did not justify being in the found footage format, things were kept too vague to be truly engaging, some stuff just feels like it happens just because, and there's needlessly goofy shit like the scenes where the main girl fucking decks a gargoyle on two occasions in the same nonchalant way.
>>
>>71583778
eh i dont really feel like arguing about it rn t\bh
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.