[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
one GoT ended. how likely is prequel show? i guess 95%-100%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Battle-of-the-Trident1.jpg (145 KB, 757x533) Image search: [Google]
Battle-of-the-Trident1.jpg
145 KB, 757x533
one GoT ended. how likely is prequel show?

i guess 95%-100% range.

right?
>>
Gosh I wish the armour looked this cool in the series.
>>
>>71582764
>that tactically suicidal antler helmet
>that tactically suicidal dragon helmet

At least the armor in the show isn't made to kill the wearer.
>>
>>71583129
What are you on about? The horns and similar on helmets are legit extra protection and was used in real life. They ar made to broke off easily and glance off the hits coming at the head.
>>
File: 1442789329003.jpg (72 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1442789329003.jpg
72 KB, 1200x1200
>>71583749
Right...
I'll need some proof for that kind of retardation.
>>
>>71583129
>Feudal Japan never happened
>>
They should do a prequel season before the final season.

[spoilers]Then an Aegeon The Conqueror Trilogy[/spoilers]
>>
>>71583868
This is feudal Europe though. Horned helmets existed for ceremonial shit but were not meant to be worn in battle.
So far as I know at least.
Does anyone have any proof for helmets like that?
>>
>>71583129
>>71583749
In the books Renly has a suit of armour just like Roberts (except green). He falls off a horse and breaks off an antler, before breaking off the other one to hand out to the crowd, because it's made of gold.
>>
>>71582317
I think a big budget movie about roberts rebellion would be the best, written and directed by fat fuck martin .
>>
Please no, the show has tainted enough.
>>
I'd love to see Aegon's Conquest and Reign. Lots of neat stuff happened there.
>>
>>71583962
>This is Feudal Europe, though
No, it's a fantasy series. It's not an historic drama. That means George Martin is well within his rights to bring in concepts from asian culture and insert them into his European-based fantasy culture for stylistic reasons, regardless of whether you like it or not. Thematically, it helps consolidate the house identity concept which is a good portion of why ASoIAF/GoT is so popular - people love teams to barrack for - look at Harry Potter, MtG's Ravnica, The Warriors, etc.

The statement was that elaborate horned or decorated helms were tactically disadvantageous - history has proven that they aren't.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.