[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this really deserve to get the amount of shitty reviews that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: fantastic-four-2015.jpg (389 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
fantastic-four-2015.jpg
389 KB, 1200x675
Did this really deserve to get the amount of shitty reviews that it did? I mean, the ending was really rushed and completely off from the rest of the movie, but for the most part this was a pretty solid origin story. Every critique I see of it is mostly that it's too dark, but I feel like that's not really a valid complaint when you just consider it as a standalone work.
>>
>>71576262
It's a shit movie. Fuck, why is /tv/ so damn contrarian. Godamn.
>>
>>71576262
The first 40 minutes are an 8/10 in my opinion. Excellent idea for a alternate origin story for the Fantastic Four. I also thought the casting was great.

The main issue with this film is that the company ruined Josh Trank's vision - the same way Snyder's Batman V Superman got cut down.

The reason this film feels rushed is because the studio cut so much out that Josh wanted in. This B Roll shows deleted scenes which would have made the 3rd act way more action packed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOK3GmozWQ
>>
File: dr-doom-pic-4-fantasticos2.jpg (63 KB, 1527x792) Image search: [Google]
dr-doom-pic-4-fantasticos2.jpg
63 KB, 1527x792
Dr Doom's design too was incredibly amazing. He actually looked scary when walking down the low lit corridor.
>>
>>71576262
It was fucking awful. What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
Yes it absolutely does you fucking idiot

>>71576306
/thread
>>
>>71576262
Yeah it was not that bad. The Doom massacre scene was pretty chilling.
>>
File: Fantastic-Four-Jamie-Bell-Thing.jpg (793 KB, 3600x1743) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic-Four-Jamie-Bell-Thing.jpg
793 KB, 3600x1743
I loved the design of The Thing as well.

Fantastic 4 is such an underrated super hero group
>>
>>71576306
>>71576478
>>71576519
Idk brehs, to me the first 2/3rds were pretty solid and I thought Doom was spooky and cool. I feel like if it didn't try to so hard in the last act to be like the Avengers/X-Men/et cetera, it would have been a solid B
>>
>>71576262
Seriously? youre serious, right? Fuck, you people will shit on legitimately good movies, and yet somehow Fant4stic is considered solid.
>>
>>71576478
>>71576519
How does it feel to not be able to make up your own opinion and just repeat what other people say about a particular movie?
>>
File: giphy.gif (966 KB, 783x334) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
966 KB, 783x334
All those corridor scenes were excellently shot
>>
>>71576670
I saw it and did make up my mind. It was shit in my opinion. It was irredeemable garbage you mong. Fucking bottom of the barrel super hero shit.
>>
>>71576262
the beginning was really interesting because it was creepy
then it veered off
>>
>>71576262
Was Fantastic Four a competently made movie? For the most part it is no different in quality to any of the other capeshit trash that gets lobbed around here so often. Actually, there are even worse super hero movies with higher rotten tomato ratings than Fantastic Four yet nobody bats an eye because the MCU is something of a sacred cow. I liked that Trank had a vision, and he tried to stick with it, unfortunately for him when you stray too far form the expectations of the rabid irrational moviegoers and internet geek hipsters then you run the risk of it blowing in your face. Which is kind of what happened. It wasn't the same formulaic MCU trash that audiences love to ecstatically ram down their throats.
>>
>>71576670
I saw it as a fan wanting to like it, fuck you.
>>
>>71576886
>fantastic four fan

top laugh. let me guess, you're a huge howard the duck fan too, right?
>>
WHO FUCKING CARES! It's a shitty superhero movie. Not just a superhero movie. A SHITTY superhero movie. Let's talk about movies that are good. I used to come here for suggestions. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
Batman vs Superman fans flooding this place has lowered the standards of what's considered a good movie now days. If it's grimdark and edgy and based on a comic book then that's all it takes to make something good to them.
>>
>>71576920
I suggest you suck my dick
>>
Will we ever see the director's cut, /tv/?
>>
>>71576262
>Did this really deserve to get the amount of shitty reviews that it did?

Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>71576886
Well I saw it as a fan of the 2005 movie and absolutely loved what Trank did (despite what the studio did to the film)
>>
>>71576975
Unless it is attached to a vaguely feminine Asian body, I will pass.
>>
>>71577020
no we won't. Trank posted on his twitter a year ago about how there was an original better version but we will never get to see it (due to the studio destroying it)
>>
File: 16tkty.gif (289 KB, 260x107) Image search: [Google]
16tkty.gif
289 KB, 260x107
>>71576749
>>
File: 63965_slip.jpg (3 MB, 1598x2029) Image search: [Google]
63965_slip.jpg
3 MB, 1598x2029
>>71576875
The same can be said about The Amazing Spiderman 2. I absolutely adore that film and love what Marc Webb did with Electro and the new Goblin.

That Chronicle actor who played Goblin did a heaps impressive job. Also the design of his Goblin suit was absolutely brilliant as it had a real gothic depressing feel - going with the film's emotion of losing his friendship with his best friend Peter. And then Peter losing the love of his life Gwen as she dies.

Jamie Foxx as Electro was perfectly cast. Both Goblin and Electro are way better than any MCU villain.

I am so fucking pissed that the Sinister 6 movie was cancelled. I swear it would have been the greatest super hero adaption ever to be put on screen: to see Spiderman go up against 6 villains including a new revamped Doc Ock.

Instead Spiderman sadly had to join the MCU and now the story had to be rebooted AGAIN which is so annoying.

Although I am still pissed that we never got a Raimi Spiderman 4.

I am heaps bummed too that we never got to see the Extended Cut of the Amazing Spiderman 2 which would have added all the Mary Jane bits that were cut out.
>>
File: 20160703_145559-1.jpg (3 MB, 2544x1965) Image search: [Google]
20160703_145559-1.jpg
3 MB, 2544x1965
>>71576262
Still haven't watched the features yet.
>>
>>71576262
It's not as bad as BvS
>>
>>71576262
Agreed, this piece of shit is kino now. Adding it to the contrarian collection along with batman v superman, prometheus and the star wars prequels.
We're so ironic as a group of people. What a bunch of little scoundrels we are.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.