[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get why people think Kung Fury is good, I just watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
File: original.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
I don't get why people think Kung Fury is good, I just watched it, and it's pure shit.
>>
everything is pure shit.
>>
>>71576010
>why people think Kung Fury is good

by people i hope you mean reddit nu-male faggots
>>
>>71576010
>"I only watched 80s movie parodies so now I know all about 80s movies and movie tropes": The Movie
>>
>>71576010
Go to bed, Mike
>>
>>71576010
Its not meant to be good. Learn to have fun you fucking autismo.
>>
>>71576070
Seems like every parody of 80's movies I see is like this and bears almost no resemblance to actual movies from the 80's.

At some point in the 00's a lot of people just made up their own little neon-lit 80's pop culture dreamland that didn't really exist.
>>
>>71576010
Has there been a good Kickstarter/crowdfunded movie yet?
>>
>>71576101
It's not even fun, I cringed the whole movie.
>>
Kinda odd how it ripped off Danger 5.
>>
>>71576226
Well there are some really good neo-80s stuff, especially in video games (Blood Dragon, Hotline Miami) and music (Mitch Murder, Perturbator, Carpenter Brut).
>>
The trailer was good and contained 90% of the good jokes from the movie.
>>
>>71576271
Because you're autistic.
>>
>>71576010
agreed its bottom tier shit.
>>
>>71576362
Kek.
There is always one of you Danger 5 fags every time a Kung Fury thread appears.
>>
>>71576226
Black Dynamite
>>
>>71576379
Take Carpenter Brut off that list. I can confirm his shit is not accurate. Com Truise is more accurate.
>>
>>71576451
That's 70s sonny.
>>
>>71576387
>if you don't like something that's objectively shit you're autistic
Nice bait.
>>
>>71576061

/thread
>>
memes aside it's actually reddit the movie. They LOVE it
>>
>>71576010
Maybe you just don't understand the 80s enough to appreciate a homage to it.
Since most of you are probably born in the late 90s and glued to your iPhone like a zombie 24/7 you twats
>>
>>71576450

Except Danger 5 is goddamned hilarious and Kung Fury overstayed it's welcome 3 minutes in.
>>
>>71576450
Danger 5>Italian Spiderman>kungshit
>>
>>71576726
>it's not bad and cringe worthy, you just don't understand it
I got the references and still think the movie is shit. Why can't you accept it's a bad movie?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

This is literally the only good thing about this movie, and the reason why I watched it.
>>
It's pretty bad, but fun to show to unsuspecting friends
>>
>>71577298
Those comments are so cringy

I bet none of them were even alive during the 80's
>>
>>71576061
This

Op, Kung Pow is the good one.
>>
>>71576010
Because it's fun.
>>
>>71576010
The special effects were tight
>>
>>71576726
I grew up with the entire 80's and in no way is this movie trying to be a loving homage to the 80's. 80's to me is like Ferris Bueller or Predator. Sure there were cheesy action movies too but they had heart.

Kung Fury was just a snide little unimaginative farce that only could borrow from cheesy 80s tropes but never competently improve on or riff on them correctly.

It sucks being 35 and already feeling like you are on the "everyone makes fun of your grandpa generation shit" thing. Especially when the 80s kicks the ass of the generation making fun of it.

While you are making movies that copy movies, or more sequels/prequels 80s kids were watching nothing but awesome original content all damn year long with a few exceptions.

Sorry I guess it got me pretty butthurt.
>>
>>71576271
Agreed. They tried to hard to purposely try too hard, there was just no other content than "absurdly crazy thing happening!" And I don't see the appeal of that.
>>
>>71576010
dont have to to take it so srz desu lmao
>>
>>71576828
>Except Danger 5 is goddamned hilarious

Stop
>>
>>71577298
True. The song is great, but the movie was shit.
>>
>LE NAZI DINOSAURS

None of this was in the 80's action or other B-movies.

It's just some shit reddit memes dressed up in new retro wave
>>
>>71576070
I really wanna know why like 90% of these 80s parodies/homages are just random for the sake of being random.
>>
same reason why plebs think capeshit is good
>>
>>71576010
Because they're millennials
They love listening to shit like this without even puking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtKZKl7Bgu0
>>
>>71580189
>le modern pop is bad xD

I bet you think The Beetles are good.
>>
>>71576459
You got a problem with Carpenter Brut, friendo?
>>
>>71576010
It was forced memeing to the highest degree. The "LEL XD SO RANDOM" shtick was grating, and the whole thing was entirely soulless. It felt like a SFX demo reel, not something meant to actually be entertaining.

Of fucking course it appealed to le wrong generation types who pretend to be nostalgic for 80s shit.
>>
>>71579462
so fahny joak
>>
>>71576010

Because Le Ebin 80's and 90's so cool art design plus Le Ebin Penguin Of Doom So Randun XDD
>>
>>71580312
I was born in 93 and I unapologetically love neo-80's shit but never even gave this shit flick the time of day because it's trying so god damn hard.
>>
>>71576010
I thought it was pretty epic, I invited 4 friends over to watch it a while back, we drank wine coolers and had a awesome time.
>>
>>71578999
I got you bro. The movie was lacking in any kind of heart or true creativity beyond mashing random shit together.

For me an "80s" movie can be a lot of things, but I usually associate it with slower flicks like Dirty Harry, Escape From NY, Terminator 1, or Death Wish where the buildup is part of the style (and the lack of budget for SFX).

If Kung Fury had been a guy in the wrong place fighting giggling gangmembers in sleeveless jeanjackets in poorly lit outdoor settings, I might have have been into it.
>>
>>71576726

Born in '81.

You'd have to ve born in the late 90's to believe this was an entertaining or knowing homage to the 80's.
>>
>>71580189

This song is incredibly inoffensive
>>
>>71580218
I hate the Beatles but they're still better than these no name no talent hacks with 100,000,000 views from women and numale faggots like yourself
>>
>>71576010
This movie was like an [adult swim] intro stretched out to 30 awful minutes. That shit is only funny it like 10 second spurts.
>>
>>71580218
Some modern pop is good but the one he linked is dogshit.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.