[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ I'm trying to compile a movie marathon, might also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: yHBYKuD.gif (977 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yHBYKuD.gif
977 KB, 500x281
Hey /tv/ I'm trying to compile a movie marathon, might also toss some show episodes in there, as a sort of "America Fuck yeah!" to play from July 3rd in the evening to however long into July 4th I can make it. Hopefully alld ay and night.

I'm thinking I might try to do it mostly by timeline. Start with movies about the revolutionary war and then build up from there.

They don't all have to be serious. They can be comedies. Like the Rocky movie where Rocky beats up communism.
Or the episode of Idiot Abroad where Karl does route 66.

Was wondering if you guys have some suggestions though?
>>
File: 1457710729327.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457710729327.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>71572346

The Patriot
The Alamo
13 Hours
We Were Soldiers
Red Dawn
Apollo 13
Mighty Ducks: D2
Top Gun
Patton
Air Force One
>>
>>71572465
Thanks for the list.
I'm thinking I can maybe squeeze "Almost Heroes" between The Patriot and The Alamo.

Did the Mighty Ducks do hockey against communists? It seems likely but I don't remember it.
>>
The Patriot
Independence Day
Rocky IV
>>
>>71572568
for all intensive purposes they were commies
>>
>>71572568

Not "communists" per se but yes, evil Europeans.
>>
>>
>>71572678

>intensive purposes

Intents and purposes
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 420x329) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 420x329
>>71572682
>>71572678

Oh well fuck them.
>>
Starship Troopers, basically

Zulu, why not
>>
>>71572813
While it would be nice, Starship Troopers isn't really a future American world (although you can argue Americanized).
Trying to ground it in some reality here.

So what do you guys think about Captain America? Too much of a Marvel thing? Too much hydra and not enough nazis?
>>
For some slightly more obscure and really topical ones, I would recommend Pentagon Wars and Buffalo Soldiers.
>>
>>71572869
oh, speaking of commedies (I was told Pentagon Wars is a comedy)

Why not toss in mchale's navy?

Maybe some stuff to fill in "current era" sort of things from the 90's up to now (as in movies set in the same era it was made) and I figure the 90's might be full of comedies due to the relative era of peace.
>>
File: i5GwtDP.jpg (228 KB, 630x317) Image search: [Google]
i5GwtDP.jpg
228 KB, 630x317
Any super pro american movies from this loveable scamp?
>>
>>71573416

Yes, all of them.
>>
>>71573804
I mean like overtly.

Part of "America Fuck Yeah" is showing the superiority of American culture to all others. Lots of his movies show more of the superiority of his biceps to others.
>>
so anybody got anything else? I when I do plan to stream it, if everything goes right, i'll be trying to post the stream here and a few other places.
>>
File: real-tears-of-joy[1].jpg (45 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
real-tears-of-joy[1].jpg
45 KB, 550x400
>>71575065

Just play some maga videos in between, it doesn't get more American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n3Dgi5d0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBze2CPbMPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOQdcVoRys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LErvQVcZ0Ns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGvPqdK8-mw
>>
>>71576096
These will make great bumps between movies when I need a bathroom break or a i'm searching for another movie (requests and stuff).
>>
>>71576663

Let me know how they turn out with the crowd
>>
>>71572346
team america
>>
>>71572346
KELLY'S HEROES
TEAM AMERICA
THE BLUES BROTHERS
AMERICAN PSYCHO
DR. STRANGELOVE
BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD DO AMERICA
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.