[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find this character horribly acted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
Does anyone else find this character horribly acted?
>>
>>71569754
He got a lot better as the show went on. They must have given him a lot of feedback.
>>
>>71569754
Why was he so angry?
>>
I liked it, it was kinda campy
>>
I liked Bullock as a character but Olyphant himself admitted he had a hard time understanding Milch's writing and it definitely shows
>>
>>71569793
I just don't find him intimidating or convincing in his portrayal as the sheriff, which is unfortunate because he's so prominent and all the other actors are terrific.
>>
>>71569754
everyone else was just SO MUCH BETTER
>>
>>71569754
I thought he did good job
>>
He was just a fucking maniac. An ultra violent motherfucker.

I thought that was cool.
>>
I don't think it's really his fault. He was great in Justified with a similar role, albeit more modern
>>
>>71570209
What? I don't think he was ultra violent at all, especially relative to the world he's living in... and aren't most of his violent moments pretty justified?
>>
I didn't like how the character was used. They made Bullock look stupid as often as they could and by the end almost Al's henchman.

Plus it's not his fault when a lot of his scenes don't have lines, just have to stare at people.
>>
>>71570430
You must not have watched the whole series. All of the character remark on the fact that Bullock has an explosively violent temper and that it's always pretty close to the surface. Charlie has a heart to heart with him where he tells him that it's not as big a deal as Bullock feels it is, and Swearengen is constantly warning him away from situations where his explosive temper can complicate sensitive negotiations.
>>
>>71570247

he was completely fucked by the war, he was always over reacting purely based of his feeling instead of every other character who acted with ambition.

he didnt mind shooting anyone, or when he beat the shit out of the hotel manager, ahah was pretty cool scene.

but yeah timothy is a pale actor compared to the others, especially sweagin what a cool fucking dude the actors must be
>>
>>71570901
nothing he does comes close to say Cy killing those kids or Mr. W and his thing for killing women/whores, as far as "ultra violent" goes. or there is dan dorrity, who doesn't once bat an eye at being dispatched by Al to go murder somebody... well save for the child
>>
>>71569754
Nope. Loved that he was in a constant state of being pissed off and about to blow up.
>>
>>71569754
I think he was alright, but Deadwood has much better actors like Brad Dourif and Ian Mcshane.
>>
yeah, he's probably the worst male actor on the show, but he has the worst, most thankless role, and the writers clearly started writing down to his limits later on in the series and it evens out.
>>
>>71569856
He was abused by his father. Milch describes him as someone who wakes up every morning and "fantasizes about beating up his dad."
>>
>>71572742
Bullock was also intelligent, settled disputes without violence, married his childhood sweetheart, had a daughter who didn't get trampled by a horse, hated Swearingen and drew a line down the main street,etc.
>>
>>71572948
>settled disputes without violence (or threat of violence?)
when? give me one example
>>
>>71569893
Everyone has a hard time understanding Milch's writing. Especially the viewers.
>>
>>71569754
I thought it was deliberate, that he was angry for some reason, especially at Christianity. I felt like it was something that would be explained in time, but I never felt it was.

I liked the character and was fine with him, I just wanted an explanation for why he was like he was.
>>
>>71573128
>previously on Deadwood
more like
>in which we aim to summarize the recent dramatic events of the previously aforementioned televised program, albeit presented to you in a more colloquial manner, I suppose that is to say that such a presentation's arbitrary goal depends on its having once informed certain narrative matters with incessant filibusterings akin to superfluous dialectics, in so far as you know a little about what to expect when the latest audiovisual segment comes forth, you loopy fucking cunt
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.