[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>W-WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?! M-MARTHA?! WHY DID YOU SAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
>W-WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?! M-MARTHA?! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT N-NAME?!?

DCucks will literally defend this contrived lazy garbage of a resolution to a supposed fight between men and gods. You really can't make this shit up.
>>
What's to defend exactly?
>>
File: luthgasm.png (297 KB, 409x354) Image search: [Google]
luthgasm.png
297 KB, 409x354
>implying that the purpose of that scene was not to tastefully show the audience that batman now sees superman as a man with a family and not some alien invader

lmao are all marvelfags this retarded?
>>
Wanna know how Civil War is better than BvS? Tony refers to his mother by "mom" instead of her first name. No one who loves their mother refers to her by her first name during a time of peril. Shame on Chris Terrio for copping the easy way out.
>>
>>71569439

You don't understand why Batman stopped fighting him because you don't understand why he started fighting him.
>>
>Suffice to say, there’s was always more depth and subtext to the “Martha” moment than the complaintsare willing to admit or recognize, and those complaints are still too simplistic and shallow a perception of what is, in fact, a complicated convergenceof character arcs and narratives.It confuses and shocks Batman, and then the revelation of what’s really being said shifts his perceptions tothe point he now sees himself clearly for the first time in years. A singular moment, a revelation that turns a character’s understanding and relationships on their head in a split second,is not anew concept, nor is this the first or most extreme example of such a thingin cinema.
>It’s undeniable that there is much more happening in that scene, and in the context of Batman’s character through time, than the memes and jokes recognize — and yes, often the jokes intentionally overstate things for humorous effect, but I’ve seen the exact same points made in supposedly serious, deeper critical analysis of the film. So I remain perplexed by the stubborn refusal to consider and acknowledge that complexity.I bring that up only because I notice even a lot of the positive reassessments still point to the “Martha” moment as a major problem in the storytelling when it’s among the finer elements in the film’s characterizations.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225

Read these great analysis, pleb. Not going to waste more time with you.
>>
>>71569439
>common ground is the basis of any friendship
how fucking retarded are marvel fags?
>>
>>71569484
This is obvious, the problem with the scene is it feels disingenious over the top, fake...

Batman literally goes into a emotional rage at the mention of his mothers name...
>martha?!?!?
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME ARGHHHH!!!!

If he just had a little twinkle of interest in his eye when supes said martha and they asked calmly and forcefully then put it together he has a mom and family then great..

Not to be memey, but martha triggered batman way too much.
>>
>>71569484
>Batman previously said that if there was even a 1% chance of him going evil, he had to take him out.
Since humans are often evil (e.g. Hitler, Stalin, Obama), it still makes for Batman to kill him.
>>
>>71569506
I find it hilarious that CW cucked BvS so bad.

>BvS announced
>Marvel announces Cap vs Iron Man
>DC announces BvS release date
>Marvel announces Civil War on the same day
>BvS script leaked showing that "Martha" is the pivotal point of the entire movie
>Marvel makes Tony's mother is the pivital point of CW too

It was hilarious how often Marvel cucked DC. Everything DC did, Marvel did better
>>
>>71569604

>Batman literally goes into a emotional rage at the mention of his mothers name

This is not out of the blue, however. From the fist scene, Batman is constantly tormented by his mother's death and his father's failure.

When he falls into the cave in the dream, you can see a pearl falling next to him.

There is the scene where he sees blood coming out of his mother's grave and the bat-demon comes out and attacks him. This clearly means his mother's death is what created the bat part of him and even after so many decades, Martha is STILL BLEEDING in his unconscious.
>>
>>71569439
What if Doomsday's mom's name was Martha?

Checkmate, DCucks.
>>
>>71569484
Keep telling yourself that you sad deluded faggots.

Goddamn you people are worse than Transformerfags.
>>
>>71569439
>still no CIA v BANE edit

depressing
>>
>>71569781
>gets told the meaning of that scene
>lmao deluded cuck xDDD
everytime
>>
>>71569439
Wew lad.

Daily reminder that this scene functions as a perfect pleb detector.
>>
>>71569484
>>71569726

these. It was fairly logical how that it was all set up and played out like that.

Its easy to meme a line in all caps to make it sound dumber then it really was.
>>
File: falcon can beat up batman.jpg (81 KB, 665x317) Image search: [Google]
falcon can beat up batman.jpg
81 KB, 665x317
>>71569726
Still though, Batman has been Batmanning for over 20 years, you'd think he would have gotten over that shit by now

Like, the name "Martha" isn't exactly uncommon, does he flip the fuck out every time he hears that name??

Did any of the henchmen that he kills in the movie have mothers? Were any of them named Martha?
>>
>>71569724
>Marvel's Tony's Mom scene
>better than anything

Love you, Marveldrones.
Always worth a good laugh.
>>
>>71569592
Kek, what does it feel to be seen as a memeing retard who didn't get it, OP?
>>
>>71569866
>>gets told the meaning of that scene
maybe he thought the alien could read his mind
>>
>Ah, another long night punching poor people in the face. Time to sit back and relax with some good home and gardening television....
>"We now return to Martha Stewart Live"
>MARTHA? MARTHA? MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Heh, that's just a little joke I made for reddit. I was going to make an epic webcomic but I can't draw or do anything useful. Anyone want to talk about the new Marvel movies coming out?
>>
I noticed a trend happening over the past 3 months pertaining to this movie

>thread is created about BvS
>it devolves into fanboys saying "haters" don't "get" it
>fanboys are BTFO

>another thread springs up immediately after
>the cycle repeats
>>
>>71569484
this

>lmao are all marvelfags this retarded?

looks like it.
>>
>>71569899
Why was it bad?
>>
>>71569726
All of this is true, but it has little to do with the context of the scene and its execution.
The reason that martha makes bats connect with superman is clear cut we can all agree.

The execution lacked all subtlety and bordered on the ridiculous.

When you watch the scene it feels off, you wonder why Batman is going off like this.
Everything prior showed a deep but refined emotional trauma that has been blunted by time but is still affecting him.

You can say it was the bloodlust of battle I guess but the scene would have done what it was intended to do and been more effective if Bats had been much more reserved in his reaction to hearing his 30 years dead mothers name.
>>
>>71569924
It's because DCucks enjoy humiliation.
>>
>>71570012
It's also stupid because Superman would have probably just said "Mom" instead of using her first name
>>
>>71569866

Superman doesn't say "my mom's name is martha!!!!"

He says "You are letting them kill martha"

Even if his mother's name wasn't martha, this would still cause him to pause and listen because some innocent woman's life somewhere might be at risk.

Also, Batman is talking about his parents' senseless death mere seconds ago so it would come as a shock to him that superman would mention him being responsible for Martha's murder - the biggest reason he became batman.
>>
>>71569592
see
>>71569506
>>
I think DC cucks are literally on suicide watch. Their movie was shit, it was so bad it actually made civil war look good. You cant recover from that
>>
>>71569773

He didn't stop because superman's mother's name was martha. He didn't know it was superman's mother's name until lois told him.

At least get the facts right before memeing.
>>
>>71570251

That's literally why he stopped. Because it was also his mom's name, and he was confused. Dumb fucking DC cuck
>>
>>71569506
>your mom sets the house on fire after forgetting about your fifth batch of tendies in the oven
>push her out of the way and run out while calling 9-11 on your android phone
>screaming "HELP, JESSICA CHASTAIN IS IN TROUBLE" rather than "HELP, MUMMY IS IN TROUBLE"
Really?
>>
>>71570290
Excellent choice of name here.
>>
>>71570128
>He says "You are letting them kill martha"
Which is weird as fuck. He would've probably said something more like "my mom is going to die" or "why the fuck am I here when I can track people across the globe and I'm like a 10 second flight away from my mom's location where she's not even gagged and has probably made multiple noises I can track her by because I'm specifically searching for her?"
>>
>>71570276

Are you suggesting batman knew superman's mother's name was Martha before Lois told him?
Unless you are suggesting this, your point is irrelevant to what I said.
>>
>>71569439
Oh Batmans soooooo craaaaaaazy...he doesnt have any powers....he just dresses up and fights crime cause hes sooooooo craaaaaazy....watching his parents die made him soooooo craaaaaaaazy for justice...like his reasons for doing shit made any fucking sense ever.
>>
>>71570417
No, it's relevant. The name, oddly introduced, is what triggered the whole thing. DC cucks are finished
>>
Thinking this scene was stupid as fuck isn't the same as not understanding it
>>
>>71570476

Now THIS, ladies and gentlemen... THIS is shitposting.
>>
>>71570367
It was already established that Lex knew how to "block" Superman with the wheelchair.

They had some sort of equipment at the warehouse so maybe it's for that.

What is weird though is that Batman managed to find Martha, get there, and save her in the time it took Superman to fly to Lex which is just a plot hole or an inconsistency
>>
>>71569506
I liked that detail.
> He killed my Mom.
Simple, to the point. Any 6 year old can understand it.

I only wish they didn't waste it on Bucky.
>>
>>71570417
No, Batman thought Superman was taunting him and it pissed him off. Hence the roidrage and flying spit everywhere then Superman said that name. You don't even know the movie you're defending.
>>
File: martha martha martha.jpg (1003 KB, 1920x4304) Image search: [Google]
martha martha martha.jpg
1003 KB, 1920x4304
>>71569484
>Marveldrones not understanding basic fucking psychology
>>
>>71570549
Superman had to return with proof he killed Batman,so perhaps he had to wait until she was saved in case Luthor had some plan he couldn't stop.

However it's still stupid why he would just do nothing and wait for Batman, Batman could have just told him where his mother was and supes could have flown in there and get her out without anyone noticing instead of just doing nothing and leaving the life of his mother in the hands of a stanger who just tried to kill him
>>
>>71570519
yeah! this is important stuff.
>>
>>71569726
Truly, Snyderkino
>>
>>71570632
This.
They have absolutly no trust between them and they start acting like they can trust each other.
Why would Superman even assume Batman could track Lex's men?

I still hate how Superman just let Lex threaten his mother and fly away on a helicopter.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.