[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swiss Army Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: swast_89_m2-0v4-0.jpg (351 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
swast_89_m2-0v4-0.jpg
351 KB, 800x1185
What is /tv/ consensus?
>>
>>71568983
too where the wild things are arcade fire uplifting adventure faggot shit basically
>>
a) dano succeeds in suicide
b) dano is in MEWs backyard the whole time because hes fucking insane
c) lots of homoerotic shit - could be about dano coming to terms with his gayness
c2) (the running theme of trying to ignore shame fits this as well as he learns to grasp it and not feel ashamed)
>>
>>71569026
my bad,

pick A or B and C
>>
>>71568983
just got back from the theater.
me and the gf loved it, but find it pretty hard to categorize for friends and family.

the FRIENDSHIP more than makes up for the darker aspects. great hipster soundtrack. Radcliffe was great.
>>
man, i'm bummed /tv/ hasn't checked it out yet.

full of laughs and genuinely an A- movie.

last bump if anyone wants to discuss multi-purpose tool guy
>>
>>71569252
What did your gfs bf think of it?
>>
>>71569529
I loved it. Lots of laughs, actually a good number of people in the theater. I think >>71569026 is seriously overthinking it though. The ending made it clear in my opinion that the events of the film actually happened.
>>
>>71569618
I loved it. most overall entertaining movie I've seen in theatres this year. full of laughs.
>>
>>71569648
>a good number of people
lucky, ours was basically empty (but it was an afternoon showing). when the credits rolled though all six of us were hysterically laughing.
>>
>>71568983
How much screentime did mew have?
>>
It's good.

My only complaint is that Dano is trying to instruct the corpse about life and always busts out the most idiosyncratic bullshit that means nothing to me as an audience. I understand the masturbation-mom thing is supposed to be weird, but for fuck's sake, every didactic piece of wisdom Dano shares with Manny is almost entirely unrelatable. You can see the hipster stroking his beard while writing the script every time it happens.
>>
>>71569831
I went to the 4:05 showing here, and there were somewhere between 15-20 people in there. They all seemed to enjoy it.
>>
>>71570032
ditto, no one left without chuckling
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.