[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Character picks up a book they've never read >always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
>Character picks up a book they've never read
>always begins reading in the middle

Why does this happen so often?
>>
There's a very simple & obvious answer. It's easier to animate.
>>
name 50 works of visual media wherein this happens
>>
>>71565524

Easier than starting from page one, what about in live action?
>>
>>71565495
It must be for some aesthetic reason. Maybe that's how 'the mind' expects to see a book. There's probably lots of other examples too, though i can't think of any right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (771 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
771 KB, 1920x1080
>>71565555
>checked quads
Oh fugg OP, you better get on this. The repetitious digits demand it.
>>
>>71565963
>>71565555

King of the Hill
The Fresh Prince
The Simpsons

There, that's three so far more importantly why does a character always have a French baguette in their shopping basket?
>>
>>71566067
Why wouldn't they?
Do you not buy fresh bread when you go to the store?
>>
>>71565524
Literally the only artist in the thread

The book and the bread thing are just because they're easy to draw/animate
>>
>>71566151
why are animators so lazy then?
>>
File: 134356657486.jpg (61 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
134356657486.jpg
61 KB, 306x306
>American character has a phone conversation
>hangs up without saying goodbye
>>
>>71566135

I buy loafs like a normal person
>>
>>71566184
>>71566151

It still doesn't explain live action
>>
File: 1435792344004.jpg (60 KB, 377x480) Image search: [Google]
1435792344004.jpg
60 KB, 377x480
>>71566184
>Been drawing fucking peggy hill in the supermarket for 5 days now
>If only I didn't have to go into such laborious detail in every frame

alt.
>Be chink animating studio
>Don't give fuck about shitty american potato people sitcom
>Pick the most basic shit so I can get on to the next 50 shows I have lined up today before I get my flied lice ration

Not a difficult concept
>>
>>71566184
What's more important in animation (especially in flippant comedies) that being "true to life" is conveying to the audience what you're trying to get across.

It's unnecessary work to show the character open up exactly on page 1 when just showing them opening the book and reading it gets across the exact same thing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.