[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Tommy Devito was a sociopath, right? But how was it possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 750x500
So Tommy Devito was a sociopath, right? But how was it possible that he loved his mother and was afraid to die when says: oh no?

Also he was good friends with Jimmy and Henry.
>>
>>71565433
He was a psychopath. Crazy as fuck but still felt regular emotions.
>>
>>71566179
Like love, greed and fear?
>>
>>71565433
He was like Nicky Santoro but with a bit of a human side
>>
>>71566207
I guess so, yeah. You can see how emotional he gets during the Billy Batts scene. He's close to tears when he tries to shoot him.
>>
>>71566290
But he is damn sociopath!! He cant have feelings, you know. He is supposed to be heartless and cold.
>>
He's not a sociopath, he's just a fucking asshole who got to like some parts of the job a little too much.
>>
>>71567224
This

If he wasn't a mobster, he'd be "that one asshole manager/boss/executive who fires people for an ego boost when he gets in a fight with his wife"
>>
Empathy disorders are not black and white, they come in degrees.

He was emotionally stunted, sure, but could still feel things.

But yeah, he was almost certainly a psychopath by definition.
>>
he was shot for not shining someones shoes, not because he killed a made man

he said oh no as in "oh no i forgot to shine x's shoes"
>>
>>71566333
He's not a sociopath, he clearly has bipolar disorder.
>>
>>71567341
A psychopath with emotions.

Tommy Devito: a living example
>>
>>71567405
Ehh umm...what is bipolar disorder?
>>
>>71567748
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
>Bipolar disorder, formerly manic depression, is a mental disorder with periods of depression and periods of elevated mood.[1][2] The elevated mood is significant and is known as mania or hypomania, depending on its severity, or whether symptoms of psychosis are present. During mania an individual behaves or feels abnormally energetic, happy or irritable.[1] Individuals often make poorly thought out decisions with little regard to the consequences. The need for sleep is usually reduced during manic phases.[2] During periods of depression there may be crying, a negative outlook on life, and poor eye contact with others.[1] The risk of suicide among those with the illness is high at greater than 6 percent over 20 years, while self-harm occurs in 30-40 percent.[1] Other mental health issues such as anxiety disorders and substance use disorder are commonly associated.[1]
>>
>>71567397
he kept putting it off and knew it had finally caught up with him
>>
>>71565433

If you are interested in this guy, you should look up the backstory on the real Tommy on YouTube.

Shit is fucking crazy. He made Richard Kilinski look like a nice guy.
>>
He had a Napoleon Complex more than anything.

Took every insult extremely personally, insecure about his girlfriends, constantly trying to prove himself.
>>
>DeSimone committed what is believed to have been his first murder on March 15, 1968 at the age of 17. He was walking down the street with Hill when DeSimone spotted Howard Goldstein, a passing pedestrian, a random stranger unknown to either gangster. Hill recalls DeSimone turning to him and saying, "Hey Henry, watch this." DeSimone yelled, "Hey cocksucker!" and pulled out a .38 caliber pistol, and shot and killed Goldstein. Hill exclaimed, "That was cold-blooded, Tommy!" DeSimone replied, "Well, I'm a mean cat."

was it autism?
>>
>>71567953
in real life he was a big guy tho
>>
>>71567713
>>71567405
>>71567397
>>71567341
>>71567224
>>71566333
>>71566290
>>71566238
>>71566207
>>71566179
>>71565433

Falling into the dark triad category and essentialy psychopathy is mostly represented in the ability to "switch off" empathy completely and the capability of detached and ruthless violence without an elevated pulse.

Tommy Devito was probably a textbook psycho/sociopath who literally had no problems ending any person's life at all.

Emotions are one thing, empathy another.

Psychopaths tend to not care about anyone but themselves (narcissism) and they lack the capability of a conscience.

Sure, hed be "sad" if his mother died, but apart from her I doubt hed ever feel a similar emotional response for another human being.

There is a reason why these people end up as criminals if they are low-functioning.

High functioning ones end up as politicians.
>>
>>71568409
>There is a reason why these people end up as criminals if they are low-functioning.
>High functioning ones end up as politicians.

So they leaves the middling ones to make shitposts on 4chan?
>>
>>71568409

In real life, Stacks was one of his best friends and didn't want to kill him.

With people like Tommy and even Tony on Sopranos, they compartmentalize everything like a soldier does. People not in their inner circle don't matter at all.
>>
>>71568461

Autism my friend, autism.

Not a meme. Autism is 99% the major dysfunction on the internet.

>>71568616

Omerta etc.

Thats why a code of "honour" was so important in these circles, because otherwise itd be a daily bloodbath.
>>
>>71568207
seriously did people actually speak like such autists back then?
>>
>>71567953
>He had a Napoleon Complex
There's no such thing as a Napoleon Complex.
>>
Guy was a legit sociopath - I think the movie portrayal of his mother was dramatic license. Scorsese fusing his Italian American shit.

>Henry Hill says Tommy committed his first murder when he was 17 in 1968. DeSimone killed a random stranger named Howard Goldstein as he walked down the street. According to Wise Guy, Henry Hill said to the budding sociopath, “That was cold-blooded, Tommy!” DeSimone explained “Well, I’m a mean cat.”

>DeSimone had a hair-trigger temper. One of his sisters claimed "Tommy's teenage years revolved around boxing, lifting weights, smoking cigarettes, and beating a punching bag he kept in a spare room. He had a short fuse, and an animalistic appetite. He would drink almost a gallon of whole milk a day. His only other childhood hobby was collecting different kinds of pocket knives he kept in an old cigar box under his bed."
>>
>>71569240
>goldstein
>>
>>71569240

>Henry Hill

That guys account of things has changed a whole bunch of times. I really wouldn't take it very seriously.
>>
Nah, I've seen this before. It happens when people can not feel empathy for anyone unless it ties back to them.

For example, Republicans who don't support an issue until it personally affects their family like Dick Cheney's dyke daughter.
>>
>>71567934
richard kuklinski was a liar though. he killed bums and druggies who couldnt defend themselves unlike the boss he worked for which was roy demeo and his crew who were true soiciopaths
>>
>>71569617
Roy DeMeo was legitimately terrifying
>>
>>71568367

In real life he had to be ruthless cause one of his brothers was a rat. He still had to overcompensate for something.

>>71565433

Honestly after having read Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi I can only think that these guys knew no better.
Holding these guys to any moral standard would be like judging a mongol marauder from 1210, it's just useless.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.