[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Turn on Fox News >expect what liberals keep stereotyping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1-2.jpg (495 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
495 KB, 2000x1000
>Turn on Fox News
>expect what liberals keep stereotyping Fox News as

>It's a report on a bill about illegal immigration or government spending or something
>Host calmly chats with two other political commentators
>"What do you think about this bill?"
>"I think this bill is good because [Reason X], but it has drawbacks, like [Reason Y]".
>"Interesting. What do you think, other commentator?"
>"I think this is a bad decision for Congress to make. In addition to the benefits, we need to consider drawbacks like [Reason Z]."
>"Also a good point. You both make interesting arguments. Thank you for your time. Coming up next, the weather."

>Check out "redeye"
>Armond White is making fun of movies

I don't get it.
I thought this was the supposed brainwashing boogeyman that you keep claiming is destroying America. Why is it that outside of O'Riley and the other shows that are clearly marked as opinion-pieces like a Talk Show, that 90% of the channel calm and reasonable discussion among various guests and commentators? They had a fucking two-hour biography on President Kennedy the other day.
You really think that's somehow worse than literally editing a phone call to make it sound more "racist"?

Anyways what are some other decent news channels or even series like old Vice that get a lot of hate, but aren't all that bad?
>>
>>71564070
>come to the internet
>hope for people just shooting shit and discussing stuff for it's own sake
>literally nothing but paid shills advertising corporate product
>>
24 news cycle was a mistake
>>
Are you sure you didn't just watch one of those local fox news stations
>>
It hasn't even been 2 hours since you last posted this.
>>
to understand how bad fox news' cable channel is, you have to compare it to journalism from the 90s.

as fox news made all journalism completely worthless by giving it decent reason to switch to a politicized for-profit model.

Also local news is just about the same as its always been.
>>
>>71564383
Its a discussion thread mate
>>
This thread again?

I don't understand why so many people on /tv/ indulge these reposts of reposts. Or why so many people repost threads in the first place.
>>
They have two -real- news shows throughout the day. The rest is literally entertainment and they don't say otherwise. The problem people have is being too stupid to tell entertainment apart from news now. Even the media itself has turned into a parody. I can't take CNN seriously anymore.
>>
When people complain about Fox News, the are usually talking Bill O'Rielly or Sean Hannity
>>
>>71564070
FOX has always had plenty of jingoism, and I haven't watched in years mind you, but back in the day the Left was always tremendously exaggerating the bias (and the nature of it) on Fox News.

Many of the hosts were honest and forthright about being conservatives/republicans, but they always gave voice to the other side.

NBC and CNN though always acted neutral but them injected subtle bias into their reporting, omitting views and facts that contradicted the Left narrative and using words and headers meant to guide the viewer into accepting their view.
>>
>>71565037
Fox has less opinion pieces than MSNBC
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.