[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: The_Hobbit_trilogy_dvd_cover.jpg (158 KB, 300x403) Image search: [Google]
The_Hobbit_trilogy_dvd_cover.jpg
158 KB, 300x403
What went wrong here?
>>
>>71563672
It was not made in early 2000.
>>
It's impossible to impress audiences with large-scale battles now after the LOTR trilogy.
>>
>>71563672
CGI became more important than storytelling
>>
>>71563723
Yeah, I remember watching movies like Kingdom of Heaven and Alexander and being completely bored with the big battles. After you watch Helms Deep and Minas Tirith, everything else becomes obsolete
>>
>>71563672
Jackson allowed the studio to push hum into making three movies.
Two would've been fine and would've forced him into telling an economical story. As it stood, three of them just looked bloated and inconsequential in places. Was Legolas really that important to his vision, or misty-eyed Elf/Dwarf sexy times?
>>
Basically the same thing that happened to Jurassic Park, or Jaws.

Peter Jackson was only attached by contractual obligation to the Hobbit movies. You can see the love and dedication that went into the LotR movies. The Hobbit, by contrast, was Peter Jackson just giving in to the studio demanding that they stretch into another trilogy a story they could tell with one movie, and he basically just sat back and said "fuck it" and shot whatever while the CGI department just blew computer generated jizz all over everything to make plebs shit themselves for the cartoon Michael Bay Hollywood cash cow machine.
>>
dragon sickness
>>
They split it over 3 films instead of 2

Also the cgi and the story being told as an action packed thrill ride rather than a fun whimsical adventure with an action ish ending
>>
Should have been, at MOST, two movies. They padded the fuck out of it with CGI horse shit and pointlessly cramming Radagast, Legolas, Elf-bitch whose name I've forgotten, and one armed Orc into the plot to drag it out into three movies
>>
>>71563672
What is there left to say?

>One small children's book stretched into three "epic" movies, in an attempt to match the LotR trilogy (and charge people three times for what should have been two at absolute most)
>OC filler sucks pretty much across the board
>"Hey guys, you remember that thing from LotR?"
>Aside from Bilbo, almost the entire cast is unlikable, or at least hard to connect with.
>Retarded dwarf/Tauriel/Legolas love triangle shoehorned in a clumsy attempt to appeal to women.
>Overlong action scenes (Goblin Town, barrel sequence, pretty much the entire third movie)
>Smaug turns into a big, dumb dinosaur immediately following his great intro.
>Overuse of CG, and a great deal of it looks terrible.
>No sense of stakes.
>Peter Jackson didn't even want to do it, and was all but forced to.

That's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
this
>>
>>71563672
It was budgeted as two movies.
But the studio wanted three.
So Del Taco left production.
Jackson said "Yeah, I'm good at this."
Then he had to pull a ton of shit from the appendices, which while technically canonical, are not structured as part of the Bilbo story.

It became a mess.
>>
>>71564062

aha

so the studio is to blame
>>
>>71563672
Warner Bros.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.