[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rosemary's Baby > Repulsion >>>> The Tenant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Editors-Pick-The-Tenant1.jpg (194 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
Editors-Pick-The-Tenant1.jpg
194 KB, 650x300
Rosemary's Baby > Repulsion >>>> The Tenant
>>
That's the popular opinion. You have to have a contrarian rating if you want a successful thread.
>>
fuck off
>>
Chinatown>The Pianist>Rosemary's Baby>>>who cares?
>>
>>71562602
Polanski was shit in The Tenant. he should have gotten literally anyone else.
>>
macbeth>>>>>>>rosemary's baby>the tenant>chinatown>repulsion>the tenant>>>>>>>>>>>>the pianist>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the ninth gate
>>
guys I'm gonna start posting pictures of my 4 inch erect cock if you don't admit that the tenant is better than rosemary's baby
>>
>>71562092
Repulsion > the rest
>>
>>71562891
>the tenant is better than rosemary's baby
in no conceivable manner is this accurate.
>>
>>71562891
the tenant is better than rosemarys baby
>>
>>71562644
Confirmed for having seen only three Polanski films.
>>
>>71562092
The Tenant is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and Polanski is one of my favorite filmmakers
>>
>>71562891
Rosemary's Baby is the better film, and there's honestly no other way I can see it
>>
>>71563059
>The Tenant is one of the worst movies I've ever seen
What didn't you like about it? I'm trying to figure out what put me off and I keep coming back to Polanski himself. Why did he put himself as the star?
>>
>>71563127
The entire thing is just predictable and the surreal passages are pretty weak compared to better surreal horror films and the setting is just boring and there's no real intrigue to the whole ghost story thing
>>
>>71562092
Never understood this meme. I hate to pull the "you must not have understood it" card, but everyone's criticism (particularly fucking Ebert's) focuses only on Polanski's acting, which is 1/10th of what you're supposed to be focusing on
>>
is his Macbeth really that good?
>>
>>71563665
His acting is really bad, but there were other things I didn't like much, such as all of the scenes with his "friends" that added nothing. It also seems to try and make a statement about living alone, but I feel like the writer didn't quite know where to go with it. His descent into madness happens way too late in the movie too, he doesn't start cross dressing until an hour and a half in.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.