[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically speaking, is it possible to build a machine like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ex-machina-13.png.jpg (45 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
ex-machina-13.png.jpg
45 KB, 1200x600
Realistically speaking, is it possible to build a machine like Ava from ex machina with todays technology ? With exactly the same hardware and software that she had ?
>>
>>71560960
are you retarded?
>>
>>71560960

No.

You idiot.
>>
>>71560960
The software is the real tricky part. Well and the hardware, too I guess.
>>
>>71560960
Yes, the hardware would consist of think fibre metal and "gorilla" glass. She would have motion sensors and IR sensors installed in order to analyze the environment. The software part would consist of neural networks that would use genetic algorithms as nodes. The data which the neural networks would use would come from a tech giant like google or oracle. With a couple data analysts, software engineers, biologists and a decent enough budget it could be possible to build within 3-5 years.
>>
>>71560960
We lack the battery tech and synthetic muscles.
>>
>>71561199
>The software is the real tricky part

Neural networks using genetic algorithms as nodes, give it a decent data center with 2 Petaflops for data processing and enough training from volunteers and she could complete basic tasks within a couple weeks.
>>
What a stupid question. If it would be possible, somebody would alrdy done it you dumbass
>>
>>71560960

No.
>>
>>71561379
>>71561262
no dumbass we're millenia away from AI of that sophistication
finish CS2 before yapping like a hot shot
>>
>>71562181
Does your sub-60 IQ intelligence even comprehend what I was talking about ? Do you even have an idea how neural networks work ? Go back and shitpost Bane and capeshit threads and let the adults discuss real matters.
>>
>>71562181
This is what the awakened AIs want you to think.
>>
>>71562559
>immediately pulls the IQ card
ooh I'm really impressed you stupid fucking script kiddie
>>
File: tumblr_l0gq07U2sL1qbzbxso1_500.jpg (65 KB, 445x624) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l0gq07U2sL1qbzbxso1_500.jpg
65 KB, 445x624
>>71562966
If you're so smart, tell ne what the 'N' stands for on Squids shirt.
>>
>>71563010
Nigger
>>
>>71563251
>Nigger
/thread
>>
>>71563010
baNe?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.