[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best and worst Blu-Ray transfers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: db-bd.jpg (363 KB, 3360x1080) Image search: [Google]
db-bd.jpg
363 KB, 3360x1080
What are the best and worst Blu-Ray transfers?
>>
Fucking funi, jesus.
>>
File: mgm.jpg (1 MB, 1934x1088) Image search: [Google]
mgm.jpg
1 MB, 1934x1088
I could go on all day about good transfers that I own, but I can tell you that The Good the Bad and the Ugly got a bad shake as far as blu-ray goes.

>overhauled the color grading and made everything an awful piss yellow
>only version available is the "restored" 180 minute one with the needless, terribly dubbed added scenes

A travesty.
>>
Dr. No has one of the best transfers I've ever seen.

Predator looks like garbage.
>>
>>71561840
There is more than one blu-ray version of Predator. The ultimate hunter edition is the digitally cleaned one where everyone looks like wax models, I think the other one they put out was actually quite good.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1094x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1094x724
>>71561890
Yeah the one with the Wax models is the one I meant.

Nice to hear that there's alternatives.
>>
>>71560945
i don't understand what OP is on about

is he complaining about the presence of film grain in the "levels" or the lack of it on blueray?
>>
>>71562043
That can't be real
>>
>>71562378
Blu-ray also fucked up the aspect ratio, resulting in a terrible crop.
>>
>>71562421
I own it, it's real.

During the jungle segments (most of the movie, obviously) it's a bit less noticeable but in that scene in particular all of them legitimately look like melting plastic.
>>
Removing film grain should be a crime by which the penalty is the removal of the perpetrators hands.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.