[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people find funding for super weird arthouse movies that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: videodrome-1.jpg (268 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
videodrome-1.jpg
268 KB, 1280x721
How do people find funding for super weird arthouse movies that will in no way will turn a profit?
>>
>>71560854
art councils and their own money
>>
>>71560854
if people are interested especially arthouse folk theyll want to see it. its obviously more about the concept and the viewing experience than getting the most money
>>
>>71560854

There are enough people in the world (i.e. people like us, plus hipsters, pseuds, weirdos and the like, none of which are mutually exclusive from 4chan's userbase) who just plain think that weird movies deserve to exist on general principles. A few of these people have money, and so weird movies get made.
>>
All above and you can wash money
Or you can spend money to appear poorer and get some benefit for taxing.
>>
I have no clue how he got to keep making movies.
>>
>>71560854

money from friends/family who will then hate you forever or suck off an old rich guy who will become your "patron"
>>
Cronenberg is Jewish

/thread.
>>
It gets the attention of producers who can tell that he has potential and they help fund his films so he can make bigger and better ones that do turn a profit.
>>
Cronenberg got money from the government to make his early films. After The Fly was a big hit he didn't really need to worry about securing funding. Most "failures" get written off as tax write-offs.
>>
Jan Svankmajer just funded his new film per Indiegogo
If you want to make an experimental film, learn how to make it as cheap as possible AND try to find people who want to see it get made, beg and steal and cheat and work your ass off.
>>
>>71565171
She was the best part of Fast Times at Ridgemont High
>>
>>71565171
That is a great fucking movie dude
>>
>>71566096
He's pointing out the BO
>>
>>71560854
I imagine these moves turn a profit eventually, like a few years down the line
>>
File: lennysquiggey.jpg (37 KB, 653x409) Image search: [Google]
lennysquiggey.jpg
37 KB, 653x409
>>71566026
hnnnnnngggg...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.