[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ thinks about How i Me your mother ? I just started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: himym.jpg (712 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
himym.jpg
712 KB, 2560x1920
What does /tv/ thinks about How i Me your mother ? I just started season 1 and so far is really funny.
Should i keep watching it or just dropped it?
>>
it's mostly great, don't believe the plebs
seasons 1-2 are goat-tier, 3-5 are great, 6-7 enjoyable, 8 awful (with a few exceptions) and 9 decent, the finale is great
>>
>>71558327

drop it.

why would any guy in their right mind tell the story of how they met their mother but really just tell every single thing he did with his friends in his youth.

this show was not that good outside of Neil Patrick Harris. they struck gold with him.
>>
It gets a little stale around season 8 but it gets interesting again around the 9th season when we finally see the mother here and there. But overall, great show.
>>
>>71559500
The story was his way of convincing them to let him fuck Robin
>>
>>71559415
>9 decent, the finale is great
This guy is a complete asshole

Anyway the show is ok, surprisingly good at hitting emotional beats but not as funny as it could have been largely because of the characters. I'll give them credit for saying they'll do something, without a plan, just to give themselves a restriction to adhere to, even though it usually doesn't pay off (e.g. the goat, the slap bet, the Mother, etc).

Worth continuing for at least a while, but the later seasons are at best forgettable, except for 9 which is downright bad
>>
>>71558327
worst ending in tv history. you will feel so cheated. it was only fun to watch because everyone watched it and so you could meme irl and pretend to have friends
>>
Robin > Barney >>>>>>> Marshall > Shit >>>>> Ted >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lily
>>
>>71558327

One of the few shows that actively caused me pain as my chucklefuck roommates watched it. I don't know what is with this show and attracting jackasses to watch it. Made me consider suicide.

>show takes place in New York
>feels absolutely NOTHING like New York
>>
Characters barely change in 9 years, even Barney's character development gets retconned in finale
>>
File: alyson-hannigan.png (265 KB, 348x778) Image search: [Google]
alyson-hannigan.png
265 KB, 348x778
>>71558327
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: josh-radnor.png (421 KB, 369x760) Image search: [Google]
josh-radnor.png
421 KB, 369x760
>>71558327
>>71559923
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
living proof that millennials are cancer
>>
File: jason-segel.png (378 KB, 406x881) Image search: [Google]
jason-segel.png
378 KB, 406x881
>>71559951
>>71559923
>>71558327
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>71559923
>>71559951
>>71560203

Literally everyone on this show is jewish apart from Barney who is a faggot
>>
>>71560345
>>
Great comfy show but not that funny despite being a sitcom.
Also, Ted was a great character no matter what /tv/ says.
>>
>>71559500
I saw a diagram of all the women Ted talks about dating or at least sleeping with throughout the show.

It's a lot. The show is just him bragging to his teenage son about how much pussy he got.
>>
Its shit. The ending was filmed while they were filming season 2, so essentially you can count on every season past season 1 being complete filler.

He ends up with Robin in the end after the mother they spend ten years building up dies after being introduced like six episodes prior.

It was awful.
>>
>>71558327
>ywn experience for the first time the episode where marshalls dad dies
>>
>>71558327
watch 1-5 then stop

there is a massive drop in quality after that
in both comedy and writing and acting and giving a shit about anything that happens on this stupid fucking shitshow

but 1-5 are great
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.