[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anti-preacher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: bizarro-preacher.jpg (137 KB, 957x537) Image search: [Google]
bizarro-preacher.jpg
137 KB, 957x537
why did they have to change every single fucking thing about the original story? is this supposed to be taking place in an alternate universe?
>>
>>71557732
They sure didn't waste much time cucking Jesse. At least they're not portraying tulip positively for it
>>
This series is shit. I blame Seth Rogen. Never liked that fatso.
I never read the comic though so I don't know how different things are there. I don't much care about comics.
I don't like the weirdness, I don't like that vampire guy, I hate Tulip and I think Dominic Cooper is a miscast, he doesn't look like he belongs there.
Fuckin' dropped after 4 episodes. It's a miracle I put up with it that long.
>>
i don't understand it. only watched the first ep, it's nothing like the comic. why not just make a completely different inspired by it? that's what it feels like, a really shitty sjw, all texans but beta makes and nigresses are racist scum dumb inbred hicks.

leave it to jews to fuck up something good.
>>
>>71557732
I liked the first episode but after that it became shit. I do enjoy the saint of killer bits though and that's the only reason I haven't dropped it yet.
>>
>>71559664
>all texans but beta makes and nigresses are racist scum dumb inbred hicks.

Did you read the comic? Its portrayal of "rural americans" is waaaaayyyyy worse than in the show.
>>
>>71557732
Because the original is edgy shit and they wanted to take a more mature approach.
>>
>>71559664
From what I've understood from interviews and shit they wanted to take their time and establish Jesse before he left the town, since in the comic shit hits the fan very early. By doing that they also decided to bring stuff that happen later in the comic earlier in the series, like altering the Quincannon arc. Butchering up Tulip's story however is beyond me, and I am not talking about her skin color.
>>
>>71559712
They even changed that all around for no fucking reason. They really should just call it "the new adventures of preacherman and friends"
>>
>>71557732
Cassidy consensually sleeping with Tulip this early on is the only truly irreversible decision they've made. But it's a big one: they could never replicate the dynamics between the three MC's now.
>>
>>71559860
A snowstorm would be much more expensive to film. The changes they made so far when it comes to his story wont even matter. Instead of being mad at god for the snowstorm he will be because of that preacher who killed his horse.

>>71559920
This however, was the only thing they royally fucked up with.
>>
>>71557732
>is this supposed to be taking place in an alternate universe?

yes it's called /tv/ and not /co/

stuff that works for comics dont necessarily work for tv shows
>>
>>71559920
seriously what the fuck is this shit
>>
http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/preacher-seth-rogen-c-v-r.html
>>
>>71560052
Judging by the rapidly declining ratings I'm going to say this shit certainly doesn't work for a tv show either.
>>
>>71560226
That decline is in direct correlation with the rise in GoT ratings. Tomorrow's episode should give an indication as to whether the show's really doing worse.
Note that it's already been approved for a second season.
>>
>>71560299
Episode 3 and 4 were boring as fuck.
>>
>>71560191
>http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/preacher-seth-rogen-c-v-r.html
what an utter trash
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.