[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hateful Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: hateful.jpg (576 KB, 1997x1127) Image search: [Google]
hateful.jpg
576 KB, 1997x1127
do native speakers understand 100% of the dialogues in this?

it was a bit tough for me
>>
WARM
>>
>>71557674
which lines were confusing?
>>
>>71557743

i had to turn on the subtitles for

>Them hillbillies went nigger head hunting

for example
>>
>>71557674
I'm not even native and I did, you need to work on your english
>>
I had no trouble understanding that it was 100% shit
>>
>>71558904

but how

studying vocabulary is tedious
>>
>>71558117
pretty common vocab here in NY
>>
>You gotta hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you gotta hang.

What did they mean by this?
>>
First Tarantino movie?
>>
>>71557674
Yes
>>
im wondering if i should watch this movie,becase i saw Kurt Russel is in it.Is he cool in the movie and does he have a big role?
>>
>>71560797
yes and yes
>>
>>71560797
Yes and yes.
>>
>>71560488
If you're trying to learn a language by studying vocabulary instead of by immersion, you're gonna have a bad time
>>
File: my face when.jpg (584 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
my face when.jpg
584 KB, 2560x1536
>>71560845
>>71560861
>>
File: daisy domergue bloodied.png (160 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
daisy domergue bloodied.png
160 KB, 720x260
>>71557674
At least you had some good eye candy
>>
Contender for worst Tarantino film along with Death Proof and Jackie Brown
>>
>>71561133
Django Unchained.
Don't forget Django Unchained.
>>
>>71560845
>>71560861
thx i'll probably watch it but why there are 2 versions of it: 163 min and 187 min.This like the BvS thing theatrical and ultimate cut?
>>
>>71561133

Death proof and Django are awful.

Jackie Brown is fucking great (spoiler: you are reatarded)

Hateful Eight was great as well.
>>
>>71561518
>Jackie Brown is fucking great
>Hateful Eight was great
(spoiler: you are retarded)
>>
>>71561471
There's the Roadshow that had a few minutes and an intermission, but that's not available. All copies out now are the same.
>>
>>71561604
Anyone else think it's hilarious that Tarantino made a huge deal of shooting in a specific film format and taking it on the road to be shown in oldschool projection style and then half the screenings were disrupted by projector issues and film burning out?
>>
>>71561133
Nah I'd say it's hands down the worst Tarantino film.

Death Proof is stupid fun and does what it sets out to and Jackie Brown is just a significant change of pace from the rest of his work that it's pretty jarring after Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. It's still good, just not AS good.

I never thought Tarantino could even do a straight up BAD film but The Hateful Eight is legitimately a bad movie.

I've tried 4 separate times to watch it but I can never finish it in one sitting. The beginning is so goddamn slow and uninteresting, the dialogue is completely pointless and meandering, and Tarantino's weird bits of forced comedy just felt awkward. There were so many times during my viewing of it that I kept thinking "was that supposed to be funny or what?"

It didn't feel anything like one of his films to me, honestly, I was just completely uninterested for the most part and when Channing Tatum showed up it felt like an entirely different film.
>>
>>71561700
shut up reddit
>>
>>71561779
>how dare you disagree with me
go back to tumblr
>>
>>71561133
Jackie Brown is his only good movie. QT fanboys hate it but patricians love it.
>>
>>71561133
Reservoir dogs was worse
>>
>>71561779
That's not even applicable here, Reddit adores anything Tarantino shits out
>>
>>71561870
low quality b8, here's your (You)
>>
>>71561604
What does the 17 minutes contain?

t went to a road show which failed midways
>>
>>71561948
>looking for logic in a "reddit" post

"reddit" posts have nothing to do with actual reddit. It's just the cool thing to say this summer. Last year it was cuck. Years before it was hipster, tumblr, etc. Every year its something.
Just hide and ignore, knowing that this person probably has a folder of their favorite BANE posts, and rarest pepe's. And will dress as CIA man (or some variant) this halloween.
>>
>>71562022
A title card saying "intermission"
>>
>>71562202
Hey, cucks are no laughing matter, it's a serious problem
>>
I'm Indian and I understood the dialogues fine. Probably because I've watched a lot of movies.

The movie is pretty good. Maybe second to Reservoir Dogs and Basterds (Sorry). Pulp Fiction maybe above in ranking because of its historical significance, but as stand alone films, they're the same.
I don't agree with the anon saying it can't be rewatched. It's really repeatable because of the individual performances.

The one shot that stays in mind is Domergue's broken smile at Marques in the carriage.
The avoidable thing was Tarantino narration, but I guess that's what he calls twisted comedy or whatever.
He's just really bad at it.
>>
I liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ba8s9giBY
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.