[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will take off after capeshit? High fantasy? Video game movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 004894089089.png (517 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
004894089089.png
517 KB, 500x673
What will take off after capeshit? High fantasy? Video game movies?
>>
>>71552954

>High fantasy?

Warcraft flopped domestically so nope!

>Video game movies?

lol 35%, fuck Assassin's Creed.

Also totally called what happened to Cap
>>
>>71552954
>fantasy

Fucking hope so
>>
>>71553142
no one gives a shit

>>71552954
probably video games. There were some pretty shit superhero adaptations before marvel caught on/ I'm sure eventually someone will make a good video game movie franchise.

what I really, really want to take off is original content but that won't happen.
>>
Anything that needs lots of cgi, and has tons of merchandise potential.
>>
>>71552954
movies loosely based on weebshit like edge of tomorrow
>>
>>71553241

lolumad
>>
>>71553241
Video game have such potential, man...

Not even a /v/irgin, pretty much stopped playing vidya when i was 18-19 aside for ocassional casual shit like NBA2k or some CoD with friends on my ps4, but i still think it could be a gold mine, IF done properly...

Im relaticely hyped for The Last Of Us movie and Uncharted, and have some expectation for the Ass Creed movie even just because of based Fassbender

I still want my Bioshock movie tho
>>
>>71553409
I bet people would eat up shit like COD movies, however, they'd have to be careful because if you get too COD 3 with Jihadis going nuts, people will scream islamophobia........ugh
>>
Video games and then anime.
A lot of recent anime series have become very big even with normies that don't normally tolerate anime, so it seems likely.
>>
>>71553605
CoD could actually be a good movie i think.
Not simething to write home aboit and call "kino", but great blockbuster war flick.
What was the last time we got a good war movie?
Black Hawk Down?
I think that CoD actually had compelling campaigns(at least the WW2 games and the MW trilogy)that were already basically a blockbuster translated to game.
Cast good actors, have a decent director who knows how to make fun, big movies and you are pretty much set for success

But then again, thats activision so they will prolly fuck it up
>>
>>71553771
>anime

Live action? I don't think much of the world is ready for full length theater anime. Even the stuff with a hard realism angle would be tough to digest for most people
>>
Capeshit reboot
Don't listen to the /v/edditors and the /v/edditors rejected from /a/
>>
live-action remakes of cartoons seems to be the next thing. Disney has about 20 live-action versions of their cartoon movies coming out in the next few years, and there are a bunch of live-action anime movies in production right now.
>>
>>71552954

Capekino
>>
File: capeshit quality.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
capeshit quality.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>71553819
I was thinking live action, but still something that is "weird" enough to be recognized as being based on anime.
Normalfags learned to tolerate capeshit nonsense so i don't see why they wouldn't tolerate this.
>>
Lovecraft.

Screencap this.
>>
>>71553808
Yeah, it feels like it would be really simple to rake in a few million in profits if you just made a war movie like normal, replaced the heroes names with characters from the games, and have a fps scene like in that shitty doom movie

>>71553859
thats assuming they dont bomb. Im hyped for the GitS live action though.

>>71553874
live action would work, and some of the more... /a/ animes could be done if theyre done sort of like scott pilgrim, i suppose.
>>
File: 1436438280112.jpg (31 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
1436438280112.jpg
31 KB, 526x300
>>71553874
this is bollywood tier
>>
>>71553874
>Snake with all R&D upgrades in MGSV .jpg
>>
>>71553874

Is that Xev Bellringer?
>>
>>71553874
lel that's worse than smallville
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.