[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the movie Robocop 2 under-rated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is the movie Robocop 2 under-rated?
>>
Compared with Robocop 3, and Robocop 2014, and Robocop the TV series?

Yes.
>>
>>71551593

That's a bitchin' display, senpai

And yes, I do believe Robocop 2 is really underrated
>>
>>71551593
I think so. I will always have a soft spot for that movie. The drug addict bot scared the shit out of me as a kid.
>>
Relative to what?

My understanding is it's generally considered not quite as good as the original but far better than everything that came after. A minority hold the opinion that it's superior to the original. Most people who care about such things would probably have both films in their top 20 at worst for '80s Action'.

Seems like it's rated just fine.
>>
totally underrated :D
>>
>>71551593
It's quite interesting that it was made by the same guy that directed Empire Strikes Back, the movie is a mess though, it can't decide what its target audience is.
>>
At the time of its release, some of the hate for Robocop 2 stemmed from its violence and the fact that one of its main antagonists is a kid (things that hardly anyone would blink an eye at nowadays). The satire was trimmed down a lot too (which kind of turns Robocop 2 into the kind of stuff that Robocop was poking fun at). But it's actually not a bad movie, the villain's entertaining and it very much flows like a comic book (better than a lot of actual comic book movies do). I'd put it in my top 10-15 action movie of the '80s.
>>
>>71552786

I think the satire was a bit too much, but dammit, Robocop being made child friendly/kid safe by a fucking committee is so on point it hurts
>>
File: robocop_reaction_face.jpg (107 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
robocop_reaction_face.jpg
107 KB, 800x450
Why did he turn blue?
>>
>>71552903

Lighting you numbskull
>>
>>71552786
>The satire was toned down

The movie is more a meta-commentary on sequels than a cultural critique. The satirical elements are more specific to that, like how it's literally about a Robocop 2 program.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.