[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For once, /tv/ was right, after making me watch utter shite like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 27
File: BvS.jpg (159 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
BvS.jpg
159 KB, 950x534
For once, /tv/ was right, after making me watch utter shite like Spring Breakers or Enter the Void, i've finally watched BvS Ultimate edition and it is a Masterpiece, with capital M. This is arguably the best capekino movie ever made, up there with Watchmen and TDK.

Snyder is a contemporary genious, in time his work will be regarded as the vanguard of a new golden age of kino, as this is how cinema should be, highest production value with intelligent plot.

If you haven't seen it yet trust this and go see it right now, you won't regret it.
>>
>>71547104
Welcome to the tribe.
Prepare yourself for a barrage of faggot contrarians with dumb opinions.
>>
Just for reference don't let the memesters discourage you, the haters of this film are mentally challenged. this movie was fantastic
>>
>>71547104

:^)
>>
>when you agree but OP is memeing so hard you aren't sure if he's serious
>>
>>71547597
kek
sauce?
>>
>>71547104

>up there with Watchmen

Watchmen is crap. So that calls into question the validity of your opinions, anon.
>>
>>71547604
>>71547131
>>71547104
>Disliking enter the void and Spring Breakers
>Like BvS
Fucking kids.
>>
>>71547604

Why would I be kidding? This movie is a masterpiece of modern cinema, based Zack saved cinema once again.
>>
>>71547638

Issue #6 of Marvel’s team-up title Spider-Man/Deadpool
>>
DCucks please explain why Lex thinks creating another, berserk and uncontrollable kryptonian, is the solution to having an all-powerful Kryptonian roaming round occasionally saving people.

Try and explain in terms of realistic human thought process rather than making vague references to daddy's fist and abominations
>>
>>71547104
>disliked enter the void
>Masterpiece with capital M, up there with Watchmen and TDK
how old are you, 15?
>>
>>71547736
maarvelfags please explain realistically how a radioactive spider biting you results in superpowers. Try and explain in terms of realistic genetic mutations
>>
>>71547104
sometimes i really think people make these posts to make people think that anyone who thinks positively about bvs thinks like this
>>
>>71547736
>blood of my blood

He obviously thought he was going to be able to control it. He was wrong.

Realistic enough for a human thought process?
Or can a villain make no mistakes or miscalculations?

Of course it's not, you'll say it's stupid and I'll argue that it's easy when you're looking from the outside in, with the benefit of hindsight and foreknowledge of what Doomsday actually is.
>>
>>71547857

Frankenstein's monster

Lex's hubris got the better of him, that whole act is about him 'ringing' the bell and potentially dooming humanity
>>
File: 1466658100861.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1466658100861.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>>71547104
>>
>>71547909
>Lex's hubris got the better of him

Exactly, in his head he made god bend to his will.
>>
>>71547736
>>71547857
>>71547909
>>71547974
so in other words, classic lex. okay then
>>
File: german-muslims.jpg (83 KB, 690x372) Image search: [Google]
german-muslims.jpg
83 KB, 690x372
>>71547104
Why did suddenly Batman became friend of Superman?
>>
>>71548289
he didn't. their interaction once bruce backed off was based on bruce being clear headed again
>>
>>71547736
he's an absolute madman
>>
>>71547597
how does spiderman eat the popcorn
>>
MARTHAA
>>
>>71548322
IM
A
FRIEND
OF
YOUR
SONS

I
PROMISE
YOU
MARTHA
WONT
DIE

I
FAILED
HIM
IN
LIFE

Nah mate, not friends right?
>>
>>71550921

Hello i m kinda a friend of your son not really though we just fought off. I tried to kill him i could in fact. You see all started 3 years ago the first time....

Are you really that autistic mate ? Can you hokd conversation with people ,
>>
>>71551182
I was just stating that in the film, Supes dropped the M Bomb and they are now friends. Its established in those lines.

I'm not saying Batman should have had a different line. I'm saying them suddenly becoming friends was a stupid wasteful pointless retarded anticlimax.
>>
>>71550921
not all
saying he's a 'friend' is just a way to not freak her the fuck out

yeah, he says that after he tells superman that he should go handle the developing situation at the kryptonian ship.
1 it's the better plan
2 yeah yeah yeah martha won't die, bruce's personal reasons for that blah blah

yeah, he failed him in life. he fucked up, now he wants to change his path. shit, the story of paul in the bible is worse, dude had already killed a bunch of christians and was on his way to kill more when he had his vision and complete conversion in like five minutes
>>
>>71547806
You are the only person in the world who dislikes spidey.
Commit sudoku
>>
>>71547691
To be fair, Spring Breakers sucked outside of the chicks in bikinis. No matter how hard it tried to be artistic, it still sucked as a whole.
>>
>>71547131
this
>>
whats up with all the shilling for this movie recently?
>>
>>71547104
Patrician taste, anon. Don't let the memers and agenda driven shitposters tell you otherwise.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 582x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 582x539
We have this thread everyday. Stop posting beaner. JAJA EL KINO JAJA
>>
my only gripe is the use of martha as the trigger word between superman and batman, not that it is the word but that superman is saying you're letting them kill martha, there most have been another way for that scene to have played out
>>
>>71554449
A lot of highly lauded films grow quickly sour over time and a lot of misunderstood masterpieces aren't recognized when they first come out. Blade Runner, Shawshank Redemption, Children of Men, Willy Wonka, Fight Club and Citizen Kane weren't well recieved at release. My favorite cult movie Big Trouble in Little China was trashed so bad that John Carpenter got so upset at critics he almost quit making movies. BvS UE is a good movie, but the current paradigm is for action comedies with an emphasis on the comedy side for capeshit.
>>
>>71554300
Pretty sure it's the same guy making the same kind of thread every single day.
>>
Haven't watched the movie yet, should I wait for the ultimate edition or not?
>>
>>71554935
Only watch the UE. The additional footage helps smooth out the film's pacing overall and provides some missing context that, while it can be inferred from the theatrical, is helpful to have in place as a viewer.
>>
>>71547104
Ultimate Cut was great, sure but OP is a memespouting faggot. Cringed so hard my butthole puckered.

#nohomo
>>
>>71554866
>Children of Men
and the future of humanity went sailing away on a ship called hope......
snyder will get critically reevaluated when new blood comes in its inevitable. i don't know about immediately jumping to all out hyperbolic praise
>>
>>71554935
>>71554991
there are so many little pieces of character that fill everything out
>>
>>71554991
Alright will wait a bit longer thanks lad
>>
>>71547597

Spider-man saying that is like Sonic the Hedgehog laughing at Mighty No. 9.
>>
It had some of the best moments in cape movie history, but didn't quite work as a whole for me. Worth a watch for sure though.
>>
File: Superman - Apollo.jpg (2 MB, 2580x2232) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Apollo.jpg
2 MB, 2580x2232
>>71547104
Welcome, brother.
>>
>>71547104

All of Synder's extended versions prove he is a shit editor, or shit at converting script to screen. Anyone fooling themselves that he is some kind of genius only needs to Kubrick never needed to "fix" his films with extended, director, or, ahem, "ultimate" cuts.

He's an example of someone with vision, but someone who also seems to gain zero experience as a director regardless of how many films he's made.
>>
>>71554866
Callate pinche sudaca mierda, remember you HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>71555226
>Anyone fooling themselves that he is some kind of genius only needs to Kubrick never needed to "fix" his films with extended, director, or, ahem, "ultimate" cuts.

Ridley Scott did and he's still a genius

Not saying Snyder is a genius, just that it's an irrelevant criticism
>>
>>71555051
>hyperbolic praise
I'm not saying Snyder is Cuaron level, of course. I'm saying things are reevaluated all the time - especially art. It's a running joke that many amazing painters are only appreciated after they die. the BvS UE is a good movie, but the current paradigm doesn't favor it's tone for the genre. Same with recent releases MoS and Dredd, both of which could have made more on release but have a dedicated following and are seen in a more positive light today than they were at release.
>>
I only watched the Ultimate version, can someone tell me which scenes weren't in the theatrical version?
>>
File: Adamscreation.jpg (331 KB, 1408x637) Image search: [Google]
Adamscreation.jpg
331 KB, 1408x637
>>71555219

That's the wrong image association. That scene alludes to this painting.
>>
File: 5bc[1].png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bc[1].png
35 KB, 625x626
>>71547104

At this rate, you might as well have just made a thread saying nothing but "I AM TROLLING, PLEASE SOMEBODY TAKE THE BAIT".
>>
>>71547736
Stop nitpicking you fucking Marvelshill and just enjoy the art.
>>
>>71555265
i agree
but hey, get ready for a justice league that will get fabricated 'mass appeal' that will alienate us
>>
>>71555226

But the theatrical release was already fantastic. The Ultimate Cut is just better than that, it doesn't fix anything because nothing needed fixing in the first place. Only stupid people that didn't get the movie the first time think it fixed anything.

I'd argue that you're retarded if you hated the movie in its theatrical cut but enjoy the movie in its ultimate cut. It's literally the same movie. There's nothing you 'couldn't get' before that you can now.
>>
>>71554866
>D-don't worry, 20 years from now BvS might be considered good

This is really what DCucks have come down to.
>>
>>71555226
fuck off, you don't even know what you're talking about

snyder doesn't "fix" his movies with extended cuts, its well documented how he always has to compromise with shorter cuts because of studio demands. not even defending the guy, this is just misinfo
>>
The only things that let the movie down were Lois Lane and Lex Luthor.

The evil Mark Zuckerberg thing could've been good, but there was way too much Heath Ledger in Eisenburg's performance.
>>
>>71555409
>>71547736
here's your (you)
>>
>>71555278
There's a comprehensive list out there, but basically everything developing Superman as a character. The end of the north Africa scene was cut and you had to infer it. Clark investigating Batman was cut and you had to infer it. Some of Lex's machinations were cut and you had to infer it. Etc. It's basically a bunch of little things that could be inferred but add much more to the whole than it's runtime when in place.
>>
>>71555420
I didn't see that at all, he wasn't really anything like Ledger, only similarity I'd say they had is they were really erratic.
>>
>>71555420
Also, Irons and Fishburne were particularly good and stole every scene they were in.
>>
File: Kinoisseur.png (90 KB, 583x326) Image search: [Google]
Kinoisseur.png
90 KB, 583x326
>he pretends to have seen it for the first time while using the word 'capekino'
>>
File: image.gif (27 KB, 1830x1572) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
27 KB, 1830x1572
>>71555368
Eh, MoS and BvS are following the Hero's Journey pretty step-by-step for Superman. Justice League being a bit lighter makes sense.
>>
File: 4UCIA.png (224 KB, 704x361) Image search: [Google]
4UCIA.png
224 KB, 704x361
>>71547736
Because Doomsday was the final step of a plan that had failed the instant Clark refused to kill Bruce, which Lex fully expected him to do.

Both Clark and Bruce not only surviving the confrontation that Lex orchestrated between them, but also cooperating was the one thing that Lex didn't anticipate.

The instant he heard Bruce's voice on the other end of the call, he knew he'd lost completely and Doomsday, originally intended to be the diversion that kept Clark occupied while Lex used his government connections to form his "Justice League," became the instrument of his rage.
>>
>>71555420
Gal Gadot sucked too, and inserting the Justice League trailers into the movie was lame as hell. Wonder Woman's fight choreography was nice though.
>>
>>71555495
How do we kill this guy
wtf
>>
>>71555259

Scott is also a great director, but he's also an example of director that, unlike his better peers, manage to get their vision right on the screen the first time. The overall choppy editing in BvS show much of the original harm to the theatrical release was his fault. In Scott's case, I don't know if it was regret, or he didn't have enough gravitas to say "no" to studio changes.
>>
>>71555495
>2016
>people are constantly doxxing themselves

fucking autistic morons
>>
>>71555420
>>71555464
considering how eisenberg had ledger's tongue tick and head movement schtick yeah, i'd say the comparison makes sense

oh yeah and the same vocal inflections, the same vernaculars, the same gaits,

he's right. they completely copied ledger
>>
File: 1467349245250.jpg (44 KB, 988x562) Image search: [Google]
1467349245250.jpg
44 KB, 988x562
>utter shite like Spring Breakers or Enter the Void
REDDIT THE FUCK BACK TO /v/
>>
>>71555576
It really wasn't.

Ledger Joker is more like Tom Waits and Luthor was more like Charles Manson, they are similar but pretty signficantly different.
>>
>>71555369

It's not that I didn't enjoy the UC, and in fact said nothing about the film itself. I said Snyder either needs to learn to be a director that can make theatrical cuts, or just be a VOD director that can release all his "favor" versions at once or in whole.
>>
>>71555518
"lighter" and "darker" are so general to be meaningless

the scenes with flash are literal ways to develop punchlines while quickly going through logistics

although, maybe it could be said that they showed those scenes to give a false sense of the movie

unless its all smoke and mirrors, i don't see how the reports of the set visits bode well considering the 'positive' reactions were based on the most simplistic shit.

what i mean to say, is we don't know. unless social media starts a "pls don't hold back on justice league" i await the recognition of the humor of the situation after i see justice league and leave completely disappointed
>>
>>71555413

Then it just proves my point that he either has no gravitas or respect to get his films made, is too quick to compromise, or can't produce a proper, single film that contains his vision. I know a few great directors sometimes revise, but Snyder can't seem to function without making apology versions.
>>
>>71555660

And I said that his theatrical cuts are fine, despite the fact that his ultimate cuts are better.
>>
>>71555736

I can't comment to that, as I only saw the UC. I can't (and won't) comment on the differences. His projects just have a "in over his head" feel that prevent him from being really good.
>>
>>71555657
i was being sarcastic anon, trying to point out the physical presences are nothing alike
>>
>>71555820
oh, nevermind then
>>
File: SuperSolar.jpg (35 KB, 634x407) Image search: [Google]
SuperSolar.jpg
35 KB, 634x407
>>71555311
It's echoic of a great many depictions of gods, Apollo being one of them. Over the course of this film and MoS, there are many occasions where the imagery is evocative of several deities - savior gods, sun gods, and sky gods being chief among them. Lex even mentions two of them by name, along with Jehovah.
>>
>>71555731
again, your very premise of "apology" versions doesn't make any sense considering these "apologies" are the original versions of these movies.

you had an angle on his relationship to the studio but then went back to the same nonsensical argument
>>
>>71555083
It's already out on torrent u cuck

i watched it last tuesday in full hd 1080 fag

kys
>>
>>71555877
it's shitty web-dl though
>>
>hurr how did they become friends so fast? This movie's gay!

And what exactly is /tv/'s criteria for becoming someone's friend? Do they have to save your life?
I wouldn't want the friendship of you fucking losers anyway.
>>
File: zack_primary.jpg (34 KB, 349x524) Image search: [Google]
zack_primary.jpg
34 KB, 349x524
Let's write an apology letter to Zack, one sentence at a time. I'll start.

Dear Zack,
>>
>>71555949
Kino
>>
>>71555935
i'm pretty sure we could hang anon

like the minute some shit happens that triggers a shared sense of solidarity it would be so on
>>
>>71555960
Sincerely,
>>
>>71555987
/tv/
>>
>>71555949
never compromise
not even in the face of armageddon
>>
>>71555949

never do a movie again, for the sake of humanity
>>
>>71547691
Spring Breaker is as bad as Batman vs Superman. Don't act all superior just because you enjoyed Kitsch: The movie.
>>
>>71556047
>Snyder
>movies
>>
"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company."

Congratulations /tv
>>
>>71556106
hello /v/
>>
>>71547691
You are a kid as well. If you want to watch actual good films that explore similiar themas as SPring Breakers,m why don't you try watching L'Eclisse, L'Avventura both from Antonioni and La Dolce Vita by Fellini.
Spring Breakers adds nothing new that those early 60's films didn't said already 50 years a go.
>>
File: sddqsdq.png (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
sddqsdq.png
6 KB, 225x224
>>71556095

> here's your (you)
>>
File: Snyder - T-shirt.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - T-shirt.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>71555949
Having seen the light, I apologize for failing you and am now ready to follow you, unto the very gates of Hell.
>>
>>71556047
>>71556063
where did you train your cinema knowledge? on /tv/?!
>>
File: 1384521853405.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1384521853405.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>art
>masterpiece
>contemporary "genious"
>kino
>intelligent
>>
>>71556156
there are better angled shots with higher res

the fuck

that said
glad to see this posted. its actually kind of inspiring
>>
>>71556153
who are you quoting?
>>
>>71555131
Why? Spider-man 2 is still one of the best capeshits out there.
>>
>>71547131
You're the contrarians, you retard. Literally everyone else, both on 4chan and the rest of the internet, hates this shit movie.
>>
>>71556210
>He retreats
>you kill him
>you now have to avenge him

It's pseudo-intellectual drivel, fits him perfectly
>>
>>71556299
autism
>>
>>71556299
>twisting his words to mean something they don't
i'm noticing a pattern with his 'critics'
>>
>>71554449
Holy shit man, its been MONTHS, for how long are you going to stay mad about that mexicans using tv memes?

im venezuelan jajaja maricon tus memes son mios xd
>>
>>71555866

Sorry if I'm losing you. They are apology versions because he's unable to put up on the screen his best work to the paying audience. He then gets your money again with these other cuts that gradually improve the film. If WB hadn't lost/broken even so badly, Snyder would probably have gotten 2-3 versions out of BvS. We probably still will have another cut, where he fixes the choppy editing and smooths out the film more.
>>
>>71547597
>Produced by Katz N. Berger

how did they get away with that
>>
Is there a way to download the film in file form? I want to throw some money at them but I don't have a blueray player.

If not I guess I'll just get the torrent for free.
>>
>>71556583
itunes?
>>
>>71547104
Who /snyderkino/ here?
>>
File: Snyder - Deconstruction.png (3 MB, 2290x2303) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Deconstruction.png
3 MB, 2290x2303
>>71556774
I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I'm definitely a fan now.
>>
/tv/ is always right.
Sometimes you don't agree with it, though.
>>
>>71556465
>Apology Versions
>You have no clue how movies are made.
http://www.theonion.com/article/director-has-clear-vision-how-studio-will-destroy--53170
>>
File: 1467426750225.jpg (1014 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1467426750225.jpg
1014 KB, 1500x3000
>>71556979
I have an entire folder of snyder kino lad
>>
File: Snyder - Reformation.jpg (100 KB, 726x650) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Reformation.jpg
100 KB, 726x650
>>71557482
Yeah, me too. I started my collection shortly after seeing BvS. The man truly is criminally misunderstood.
>>
capekino
>>
>>71555949
Please stick with your original vision of Justice League. You absolutely cannot let the plebs win by turning down the kino and assimilating it into marvelquip cookie cutter shite. The vast majority of the world may never truly understand your artistic vision during your lifetime but your true patrician followers are out there.
>>
>>71556249
marvel is like a wounded dog laughing at a sick horse.
>>
>>71547104

Watched Batman v Superman last night (theatrical version) and thought it was a decent movie, more “adult” oriented then the Marvel flicks but the editing was all over the place; one second the heroes are battling the bad guys and the next, there’s a lovey dovey scene, only to snap right back to an action scene.

I liked that they addressed Superman essentially being a god, as this is always what turned me off the the character.

Also, I didn’t like Wonder Woman’s costume, too dark and nondescript.
>>
I don't understand what people enjoy about this. I watched with an open mind last night but it was so fucking boring I couldn't finish. It's not fun or entertaining in any way, there's barely even any action. What's so great about it? It's definitely not the type of movie people enjoy for the story.
>>
File: 1467484227754.jpg (398 KB, 1744x675) Image search: [Google]
1467484227754.jpg
398 KB, 1744x675
>>71558626
Literally only plebs with no cinematic understanding of art like it.
>>
>>71558626
Compelling characters, realistic setting, intriguing storyline, interesting villain, amazing direction and excellent soundtrack.

Not including some of the more intricate stuff.
>>
>>71558626
the setting through which they explore and present the story
its a "what if" in regards to these characters

fuck all the hyperbolic responses
>>
i watched bvs when it came out in the theaters, i liked the movie would give a 7/10, but understood why people were shitting on it
with all the shitpost on tv telling it was a masterpiece last night i gave it a try and holy shit
the ultimate cut really improved the movie 8,5/10 definitely better than all the shit marvel is pulling out lately
>>
>>71547691
Agree completely

>>71556150
Eh I have to disagree with you there buddy, I'd say that SB showed how people can be seduced and corrupted by the hedonistic lifestyle while things like La Dolce Vita and L'avventura just show the consequences of it.
>>
>>71558626
The tasteless are easily impressed. The same thing happened when TDKR came out and the plebs scrambled for anything to say it was a good movie.
>>
File: 1465975651935.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465975651935.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>71558626
get a load of this pleb
>>
It's easily the best Batman movie ever made. It's easily the best Superman movie ever made.
>>
>>71558871
>It's easily the best Superman movie ever made.
t. mo/v/ie buff pleb
>>
>>71558871
this

It's so above every other superhero movie ever made, it's ridiculous.
>>
File: 1459292113295-1.jpg (173 KB, 1296x684) Image search: [Google]
1459292113295-1.jpg
173 KB, 1296x684
>>71557603
kek
I made that
>>
>>71558674
>>71558757
I'll finish watching today to see if it gets better but I was at least expecting it to be more action packed. When I watch a movie about Superman I don't want some depressed guy having a mid-life crisis, I want a fucking superhero.
>>
>>71558674
>compelling characters

The only compelling character is batman.

>realistic setting

How is this a plus?

>intriguing storyline

If by intriguing you mean unfocused messy silly and filled with plot holes than yes it is "intriguing"

>interesting villain

Jesse Eisenberg was terrible as lex, and you know it.

>Amazing direction

This is easily one of Synders weakest films, it lacked the style of his other films.

>excellent soundtrack

You're joking right?
>>
>>71558931
unironically correct.

other than maybe Watchmen directors cut.
>>
File: 1345287619512.jpg (85 KB, 697x480) Image search: [Google]
1345287619512.jpg
85 KB, 697x480
>>71558674
>amazing direction and excellent soundtrack.

Stick to videogames and leave cinema to actual patricians, kid
>>
>>71558871
>it's easily the best batman movie and superman movie ever

You're definitely a 15 year at least /v/ cross poster how has never seen Tim burtons batman or the original superman.

Here's a breif list of super hero movies that are better than BvS:

Hellboy I & II
The Crow
Spider-Man I & II
The Incredibles
Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Unbreakable
>>
>>71559254
How many of these threads are you going to shitpost in until you get bored?
>>
>>71559169
>>The only compelling character is batman.
stopped reading there
>>
>>71555311

it's a 'michelangelo sneaks the allusion that god is within the mind into his work on the ceiling of a fucking chapel' episode
>>
>>71559418
>Spider-Man I & II
>calling other people /v/tards
>>
>>71559521

Until you plebeian children of /v/ go home
>>
>>71559631
I don't browse /v/, never going to happen
>>
>>71559540
Eh he's not great but at least they try to establish a motive, yeah saying he's "compelling" is going a bit to far.

>>71559602
>not enjoying some of the most human and emotional action flicks of all time.

Wew lad.
>>
This is the first and only capeshit movie so far to take big risks, shift away from the regular old Super Hero formula (looking at every single one of your movies, Marvel) and tried to be different.

And people are shitting all over it for doing so, whining that it's not THEIR headcanon of Lex Luthor or Batman (even though there are boatloads of different interpretations for every character in comic books, from comics themselves to vidya, animation, graphic novels - all displaying slightly different traits), and because there wasn't non-stop fight scenes in a super hero movie.

If film making is going towards the mindless drivel of following the exact same formula, i want off this ride. BvS was a light in the dark for capeshit.
>>
>>71559708
>>not enjoying some of the most human and emotional action flicks of all time.
I do enjoy MoS and BvS though.
>>
>>71559657
>amazing direction and excellent soundtrack

You clearly do
>>
>>71559418

>unironically calling unbreakable a superhero movie

nice mem
>>
>>71559770
I don't
>>
>>71559733
>the first superhero movie to take risks

Come on man, Deadpool just came out like a few months ago. And yeah you may have not liked but it took WAY more risks than BvS took.

In fact BvS didn't take any risks, it tried to copy and paste the marvel formula but failed miserably.
>>
>>71559805
(you)
>>
This movie was was shit. Everyone itt who are prasing it unironically are paid advertisers.
>>
>>71547597
Are they ripping on the ending of civil war?
>>
File: image.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>71559748
>people shouting and the camera shaking is emotional and human.

Holy fuck I'm gonna pee.
>>
>>71559788

Are you sure?
>>
>>71559849
yes I think so
>>
I can't tell if you're being serious or not but the movie really is amazing. I don't understand why everyone hated it
>>
>>71559836
Or just b8ing, or just reall reall really stupid, or underage /v/ cross posters that nothing about cinema.
>>
>>71559879
It's really just people that spent so much time shitting on the theatrical that they can't change their minds now.

Most people who rewatched the UE edition changed their mind on it.
>>
>>71559862

Alright I'll believe you this time, but just make sure it doesn't happen again, friendo
>>
>>71559805
>Come on man, Deadpool just came out like a few months ago. And yeah you may have not liked but it took WAY more risks than BvS took.

I actually loved deadpool btw.

But no, it took no risks. Just took quips to a whole new level while going with the same light hearted, full of humor, good guy saves the day formula.

Still enjoyable, but more of the same.

BvS was a completely different story. People simple didn't understand it. And Snyder even put the quote from Martha in the movie, "People hate what they don't understand".
>>
>>71559418
burton batman was a good take at burton's view of batman

and yeah, snyder has done a good job of adapting and working with the original canon of superman all the way to today
>>
>>71547736
you fucking idiot, he knew doomsday would be hated no matter what,unlike superman, that was his goal
>>
>>71559950
Who was BvS different from the marvel formula.

Deadpool was a parody of modern superhero films plus it was R-rated which is like the buggest risk anyone can ever take.
>>
File: 14674844260510_3.webm (3 MB, 480x258) Image search: [Google]
14674844260510_3.webm
3 MB, 480x258
>>
>>71559879
Its somewhere in the middle for me. As always people are exageratting the theathrical but was a mess but this is an improvement.

Still as always some parts are really good and same are really bad which lands it somewhere in the middle.

I was surprised I enjoyed this film since I despise MoS
>>
>>71559805
deadpool was safe as fuck to the point of being sterile

it literally tiptoes around any moment that could be risky, to the point of literally pointing it out
hell, a bunch of the 'meta shit' would have been called 'try hard' if anyone on here had tried it and posted their work. it would have been shredded.
i mean for fuck's sake, the movie literally go haha see, we're vulgar! but never actually pushes any comfort zones

your remark on bvs proves that it wasn't marvel, as this very failure you're pointing is in the fact that it didn't try to be like marvel at all

people just assume that having a bunch of superhero type characters can only be done a certain way
>>
>>71560030
Political themes, the thought of superheroes being among us, how humanity would actually reach to something like a Superman, darker and more down to earth themes with not much humor, the toll it would take on oneself to become a superhero - literally breaks Batman and Alfred is concerned, no definitive good/bad guy or faction, etc

>Deadpool was a parody of modern superhero films plus it was R-rated which is like the buggest risk anyone can ever take.

The R-rated thing is a risk, true, but it was literally just slightly edgier and more grotesque quip shit
>>
There isn't any difference in quality between theatrical and extended cut. The same plebs defending it now were defending it back when it came out.
>>
>>71547736
Lex wants to prove that Superman is not all powerful.

It's really fucking simple, Marveldrone.
>>
>>71560124
I didn't watch it when it came out so you've been BTFO
>>
>>71560112
bvs did have humor, it just wasn't obvious fucking laugh track type punchlines

a lot of the humor actually came out of how people would talk to certain characters, most obvious of which is clark
every time perry interacted with him there was some sort of irony in which WE are in on how what perry is saying is absurd
ie "don't get your lunch money stolen" and clark gives a little look

but of course, since the movie didn't focus on that now all of a sudden its a "humorless" "joyless" movie, as if those adjectives mean anything
>>
>>71547104
I liked Spring Breakers and BvS.
Haven't watched EtV
>>
>>71560220
I couldn't stop laughing the entire movie. The acting was worst then the room, this movie will be a cult classic b-movie because of how horrible it is.
>>
>>71560220

I agree there was a dry wit throughout the film, but yes, it wasn't in-your-face oneliners and quips. I mostly just meant there wasn't a single scene that was blatantly put there in the name of "humor".

Which is a nice change.

And people fucking hate change apparently.
>>
>>71560112
The movies "political themes" were half baked, amateur, and immature, and most likely an after thought to the stupid get the top pointless desctiction.

Also Deadpool basically showed what was wrong with all super hero movies by exposing how generic and identical they were.

BvS raised no interesting political questions, plus it essentially violated and ruined a classic American icon by making a blood hungry murder.
>>
>DC drone doesn't like art like springbreakers and enter the void

Just more proof of reddit invading this board
>>
>>71555131
Sonic at least has some good games.
>>
>>71560305
>plus it essentially violated and ruined a classic American icon by making a blood hungry murder.

"i didn't watch it or i wasn't paying attention" - the post
>>
>>71560376
Spiderman 1 and 2 games were good though faggot
>>
>>71560305
>Also Deadpool basically showed what was wrong with all super hero movies by exposing how generic and identical they were.
holy fuck you are retarded. or trolling.
>>
>>71560286
Yeah probably, think of all the hilarious moments that will one day be as lengendary as scenes from the room.

>the hilariously bad techno music that playing over the scene when WW is introduced
>the fact that the movie randomly takes breaks to set up stuff for sequels
>the fact that they stop fighting because both their moms names are Martha
>LL through a the kryptonite spear into the water just to immediately go in and to try and get it
>every single one of lex's scenes

Jeez this shitty flick is hilarious.
>>
>>71547318
>>71547104
Are you implying that the extended cut actually CUTS the whole thing about zuckerberg resurrecting zod into doomsday?
>>
>>71560379
All the pointless desctiction not only invalidated and political discussion that would take place but also ruined the character of superman. Plus it was really stupid.

>>71560403
All of the meta-textuality basically was there to explain to the audience that superhero films were all copy cats of each other.
>>
>>71560305
you mean deadpool with the groundbreaking "gotta get the girl" "will she accept me" plot?
>>
>>71560540
>All of the meta-textuality basically was there to explain to the audience that superhero films were all copy cats of each other.
so by being a terrible generic film is making some statement about how terrible generic films are?

even though BvS is nothing like the trash quippy marvel movies or deadpool? and how Watchmen already demonstrated the flaws of superheroes?
>>
>>71560540
>meta-textuality
he literally says it out loud though
>>
>>71560560
Deadpool wasn't groundbreaking I never said it was but it took way bigger risk than BvS.

Also for the record I'd just like to say that I hate Deadpool
>>
>>71560614
>Deadpool wasn't groundbreaking I never said it was but it took way bigger risk than BvS.
no it didn't it was filled with edgy jokes and stylized violence with an incredibly simple and bland story. perfect flick for high school kids and redditors
>>
>>71560614
risk? a (relatively) smaller budget film that had an anxious audience and an add campaign that writes itself?

if anything, its just proof how how generic the shit is if ever so slight deviations, and literal "haha this movie is different" jokes are somehow "risky"
>>
>>71560399
I didn't deny that. You're right.
>>
Why did they cut out about the Senator knowing that Superman was innocent and that the wheelchair guy didn't know his chair was going to blow up? That seems pretty important.
>>
>>71547597
>Unsolicited opinions about Israel
>>
>>71558554
this is really fucking underrated
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.