[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you want True Detective Season 3 to be? Here's m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: true-detective5.jpg (54 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
true-detective5.jpg
54 KB, 590x333
How do you want True Detective Season 3 to be? Here's mine.

Plot: A gendarme (Jean Reno) and a detective from the French national police (Jean Dujardin) team up to uncover murders committed by a ring of Algerian drug dealers that finance Muslim terrorism.
Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KF5a04oaNY
>>
File: 1456857637021.png (81 KB, 229x296) Image search: [Google]
1456857637021.png
81 KB, 229x296
>Jean Reno playing the same character he's played for the last 30 years
>>
File: TaylorvsKarlie.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
TaylorvsKarlie.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>71546689
Plot: two junior FBI agents (Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift) investigate a lesbian fight club with occult connections
Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiPzMZcELCY
>>
>>71546689
>by a ring of Algerian drug dealers that finance Muslim terrorism.
Racist much?
>>
>>71546765
>>>reddit
>>
Something involving alleged alien abductions, some x files shit.
Like detectives have to investigate a murder and it coincides with the theses bogus alien abductions.
>>
>>71546689
>wanting them to deconstruct the buddy cop genre a second time
why? it worked for the first season. should branch out again, like season two.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 285x298
>>71546689
True detective is based on Americano literature, the US is a huge spiritual pulled to the entire show- it is what makes the atmospher so potent, even in parts of season two, the Savage greed combined with the strange history of Americas cracks and crevices.
>>
>>71546689
Where do you after the King in Yellow?
Face it. TD was a one season show, everything else is gonna be gutter trash. Cancelled mid 3rd season.

I would remake Crimson Rivers with the same cast but making it more politically relevant.
>>
nothing close to s1 or s2 theme/setting wise

something new

Edward Norton playing a masked guy who often helps/interacts with MC
>>
>>71546752
>two planks "fighting"
>>
>>71546689
Set thirty years after season 2, Chad "Fat Pussy" Velcoro has become Chad Thundercop to try and redeem his father's name. Everything changes when his estranged half brother comes to Vinci after Ani's death to finish what his parents started, cleaning the city from the corruption. To succeed, he joins forces with Chad Thundercop.
Meanwhile, Gaycop Godwarrior's daughter has become an enforcer for the Mexican mafia and will cross path with the Velcro bros, eventually falling for Chad's ginger face and will struggle between her attraction for him and her duty. Season starts with the Cisco kid's murder by Ani's boy and Chad is on the case.
>>
>>71546925
Pillar, not pull.

It's hard to say what to do next, I'd go
Location: cape cod in the late fall, turning to winter throughout the season.
Besides that I'm not so sure.
>>
>>71547120
i like the idea of setting it somewhere cold. both seasons so far have been in the south, one deep, one coastal.

could set it in Maine, even. when's the last time you saw something that took place in Maine?
>>
File: ryan-gosling-glasses.jpg (195 KB, 1890x1275) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-glasses.jpg
195 KB, 1890x1275
Only way season 3 could be saved is if pic related plays an Autistic detective
>>
>>71547158
wrong

the only way to save season 3 is to rope in another director for all 8 episodes

contrary to popular belief, McConaughey and Harrelson weren't what made season 1 work. it was Fukunaga's consistent and inspired direction. you'd need to restore that unity of vision.

that said, i like season 2 as much as the first. it's got an excellent, complex plot, and it's full of compelling characters and mostly great performances, but the dialogue is on the weak side, as is the direction.
>>
location finnmark norway

a girl is found dead in a shamanistic burial ground in some remote sami village
>>
>>71547221
>Insomnia: The Series
I'd watch it
>>
This whole show should have been about bringing down the huge cult season 1 hinted at.

Either have McConaughey and Harrelson star in every season or have different stars each season but then bring them all together in the final season to take down the cult.
>>
>>71547221
Yes.
First season of TD was great because of the location and landscapes. Second season was complete opposite with the urban and industrial location, and they did it quite well with the pressurizing soundtrack, but third season should be nonurban again.
>>
>>71547295
yeah and that's why the second season was bad. It had no cult. Just some... people killing people.
>>
>>71547462
>that's why the second season was bad. It had no cult.
holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>71547462
The best episode in the first season was the one with the bikers and it was the one where the cult was the least involved.
>>
They're not making a season 3. You guys know that right?
>>
>Rural criminal's fight eachother over the rape & ritualistic murder of one of their children
>Police shut them down
>It happens again
>TDs brought in, one being Cate Blanchet the other J. Phoenix
>99.9% of evidence points to other criminals but small amounts don't add up
add spooky shit and both actors being stressed detectives and some nice cinematography
>>
So when are we finally getting our season with supernatural happenings that was promised and not delivered in season 1?
>>
>>71546765
It would be an accurate portrayal of french criminal society.
>>
>>71547848
>rehash the plot of the first season
i'm sure that'll go great
>>
>>71547190
I liked S2 but I felt like it overextended itself trying to cover so much ground.

You can tell the "real story" is with Ray and Frank, everyone else is sort of an addition they felt confident about slipping in. Bezzy was really good but again she might've been better with her own story entirely.
>>
>>71547955
>one being Cate Blanchet the other J. Phoenix
Yes it would be great.
>>
>>71546689

Plot: An FBI investigator with PTSD from some occult shit in the Deep South teams up with a local cop investigating bizarre cattle mutilations that straddle the borders between several states.
But it's not only the cattle turning up dead.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZv4L_OP5Uk

Detectives: Jeff Goldblum, Billy Bob Thornton
>>
>>71546957
>TD was a one season show
At the end of the day, this.

S2 was something else just wearing the TD name, despite being decent. As a concept TD was more or less fulfilled in S1.
>>
File: 1459656157755.jpg (27 KB, 305x381) Image search: [Google]
1459656157755.jpg
27 KB, 305x381
>>71548029
>Jeff Goldblum, Billy Bob Thornton
>>
>>71548031
>As a concept TD was more or less fulfilled in S1.
except True Detective was always intended to be an anthology of unrelated crime dramas. that's the concept. it was never intended to be "buddy cop deconstruction with occult overtones: the show".
>>
>>71546689
Director: Curtis Hanson
DP : Dariou Khonji
Core characters: Kevin Spacey, Theo James, Amanda Seyfried, Victoria Justice, Hiroyuki Sanada.
Plot: Three FBI agents are assigned to retreat a daughter of US ambassador in Japan runs off to join the cult group, Oumu Shinrikyo. Only to find out what the WW II left behind us find its way to rejuvenate what it meant to be.
>>
>>71546689
Hard-boiled film noir with two private eyes who work around a case that involves the beginning of the Carcosa/Yellow King cult.
>>
I thought season 3 got cancelled?
>>
>>71548231
>Only to find out what the WW II left behind us find its way to rejuvenate what it meant to be.
what the fuck does this sentence mean
>>
>>71546689
Just watch Engrenages
>>
>>71547861
Last time UFO arrived in Fargo S2 /tv/ went fucking apeshit and hated the GOAT season for it

Make up your mind kids
>>
>>71546689
I want it to be a mini-series about Vietnam.
>>
I want an adaptation of Cycle of the Werewolf.
>>
>>71546689
Anon there won't be a season 3...
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.