[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was fucking awesome. I heard people saying stuff like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
This was fucking awesome.

I heard people saying stuff like "The ending sucked", but I got the irony vibes from it, last 2-3 chapters are almost comedic. I mean lol, Michelle goes
>OH COME ON
when she sees the UFO.
This movie jumps back and forth between genres and does it good.
>>
Agreed
>>
Michelle is cute too.
>>
>>71545868
This movie is secretly a Half-Life movie.
>>
>>71545976
wut
>>
>>71545997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VlZuNw7PLE
>>
>>71545868
>I mean lol, Michelle goes OH COME ON
So, one generic "meta" line that's been in action movies for decades at this point makes it a genre shift? No, it doesn't.

The first 95% of the movie was fantastic, but as a whole, by a shoehorned, generic action finish.
>>
>>71546117
ruined by a*
>>
>>71546075
That was retarded as fuck.
>>
>>71546117
There are at least 2, or maybe 3 shifts.
>First part is thriller
>Second part is detective
>Third part is fantastique
>>
It should've just ended after she saw the ship. Everything after that was shit especially the molotov cocktail.
>>
>>71546321
You suck, get out.
>>
No one knew this movie until they put the Cloverfield tittle on it.
>>
>>71546321
You're completely right, please stay.
The villain of the movie was Goodman and when he died the movie should have ended. She looks up, sees he was actually right and then boom, end. But instead they pissed away all the energy from that escape sequence to have her run around in the dark for another 20 fucking minutes, adding nothing to the narrative, getting chased by some CGI monster and then she blows up a whole fucking spaceship with a One True Shot molotov cocktail.
She goes from a normal person we relate to and are scared for to a fucking super hero with magical can't be killed plot armor.
It's like some fat fuck American producer read the script and thought "fuck all this story, fuck all this tension, fuck all this character development what we really need is TO FINDOUT WHAT'S REALLY OUTSIDE BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A MCGUFFIN IS AND THEN A BIG FUCKING EXPLOSION BECAUSE IT'S BEEN ALL THIS BORING TALKING SHIT YEAH AND LOADS OF CGI ALIEN SHIT OMG AND SHE FIGHTS THE ALIENS GET ME ANOTHER 3 PEOPLE TO RE-WRIGHT THIS ENDING".
>>
>>71545868
fuck you, I liked!
oh wait... yes, OP, I agree with you.
>>
>>71545868
>take the "Cloverfield" name out
>end the film right after she gets out of the house and says "Oh, come on!"
There you go, then it would be almost flawless.
>>
The ending was fucking shit.
It should've just end with her escaping the bunker.
That whole sequence with biomechanical alien spaceship getting btfo by main girl was disgustingly terrible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.