[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
season 5 GoT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
so, it's agreed upon that the writing in season 5 of GoT, particularly the finale, is god damn awful? Did they write this on the back of a napkin in the car the day the manuscript was due?

I'm not going crazy, am I?
>>
>>71545592
It was definitely sub par to the previous seasons. The problem being they don't have the books to take plot directly from, and they're trying to wrap every storyline up at once without introducing to many new ones. This gave it a rushed feeling.
>>
>>71545592
they have to wrap things up that grrm couldnt. Like Kelly C. fucking around in Essos for 5 books and t hey solve that problem in an episode and a half. Ofc it sucks.
>>
I felt like some of the dialogue was just totally off, in particular. some of the lines were like, buddy-cop comedy-level of quality.

And the whole way the Sparrows gained power is completely unexplained.

Everything was great and still felt like GoT as of season 4, don't know if the writers changed or what
>>
as someone who went through seasons 1-5 in about 2 weeks i agree. it took a major turn to brown town.
>>
Dorne
>>
The dialogue has been modernised so you're no longer in some far away fantasy land with lore, the popular characters are plot armored and the gory stuff has been completely dropped. Complex characters don't exist anymore the older cast (better actors) almost completely killed off. And of course dany just wins by being attractive. However the spectacle of the last two episodes is undeniably incredible. The Director who kept doing the epic episode 9 battles knows his shit and everyone wants him back.
>>
File: 1426476463878.gif (667 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1426476463878.gif
667 KB, 500x282
>>71545592
I just wish they would have taken the acting more seriously.
this is acted worse than daytime soap operas.
seems like Peter Dinklage, Brienne, and Jamie are the only ones left actually trying to act.
At least Tywin was believable.
>>
>>71548030
Too bad the director won't be back for next season.

>>71550429
>WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?
>>
its a pretty jarring difference yes.

GOT was above average tv-story writing until now and with this season it fell down into the "everything goes exactly like you expect it to" category of other TV-shows.
>>
>>71550429
next time, add either of the following:
>according my oblivious shitty opinion...
>and Cersei, Margaery, Olenna, Sansa.

And how could you even brienne? her scenes in the blackfish episodes were the epitome of soap opera to the point where it hurt
>>
File: 1466923511052.gif (998 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1466923511052.gif
998 KB, 245x200
>>71551117
yeah i forgot Olenna, but..
>cersei's non-stop stone faced look?
>margaery's neverending purposefully fake smile
hell the High Septon had better range than both of them for fucks sake
foh
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.