[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when will we get the third installment in the autism trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: sAAOqC4[1].png (205 KB, 372x269) Image search: [Google]
sAAOqC4[1].png
205 KB, 372x269
when will we get the third installment in the autism trilogy?
>>
Valhalla Rising was the first installment. Refn actually considers those three films a trilogy.
>>
File: 1462912847213.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1462912847213.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>71543973
?
>>
>tfw drive is just a rip off of the driver
>>
plae beyond the pines was the 2nd movie
>>
>>71543878
Is it though.
>>
>>71543878
>autism trilogy
Top kek.
>>
File: 51Sn3wcuNGL.jpg (50 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
51Sn3wcuNGL.jpg
50 KB, 350x500
already did
>>
>>71544313
Read into it. It's about masculinity.
>>
They are all pretty decent movies. I feel like Some movies used to bore me, but in the past couple of years I've started paying more attention to what's going on on screen. You need to watch and think, imagine yourself in the situation, reflect on the themes and meanings in movies compare them with real life. This is what helped me enjoy a lot of older films and movies like vahalla rising and drive.
>>
>>71543878
2017 Blade Runner 2 :)
>>
>>71544781
Also, the best of the three movies.
>>
>>71544326
idiot

the driver is a remake of le samourai
the driver inspired a book
drive is an adaptation of that book with obvious references to the driver and le samourai

it's not a rip-off, it's a remake
>>
>>71547038
>the driver is a remake of le samourai
i guess it's time to watch Le Samourai

been putting that one off, but i love The Driver. how similar are they?
>>
>>71547086
They're both really bad.
>>
>>71547117
dang. i didn't know it was possible to hate The Driver. it's such a slick movie.
>>
>>71547134
don't believe
the driver is really good
le samourai is a masterpiece of masculine cinema
also, see it as a study of loneliness
>>
>>71547086
haven't seen the driver but it's very similar to drive's entry level "film buff" pleb bait style, just without the neon meme
>>
>>71547210
okay so what i'm understanding from this post is
>it's a good movie, although accessible
does that sound about correct, translated from memespeak? not sure if you speak english, so sorry if you can really only communicate in memes
>>
Why do people call tbis movie autistic?
>>
>>71547210
lol
>>
>>71547038
Then Drive inspired Hotline Miami, and so it goes

What is it about drivers that is so cool? Also thinking about taxi driver
>>
>>71547243

the protag is autistic
>>
>>71543878
its already a trilogy shithead
>>
>>71547210
maybe try saying something about the film instead of its place in your weird hierarchy of /tv/ accepted meme categories
>>
>>71547235
there is nothing to "access"
but people who want to be seen as well versed in film will say it's good (or rather use some other buzzword that they think makes them sound more sophisticated such as "contemplative" or to quote from this thread "a study of loneliness" fucking lmao) because it's in the criterion collection with other masterpieces such as lena dunham's feature film
>>
>>71547290
Le Samourai is not in the Criterion collection
>>
>>71547235
>>71547274
refusing to use the commonly accepted local lingo for no reason is another classic case of fedora tipping pseudointellectualism that is associated with these socially undesirable "film buff" types
>>
>>71547290
"a study of loneliness" is a quote from the director about what the film is intended to be. and it fucking is, it's the story of a psychotic man leading an isolated, anonymous big city life, adhering to the fucking samurai codex and dying for it. if you didn't get that you must be THICC
>>
>>71544823
>being a cuck
>masculinity

??
>>
Holy sweet jesus I still regret watching that second movie. It was the biggest waste of time ever.
>>
>>71547387
>for no reason
because it's a vernacular that actively supports reductionism
>>
File: ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2.jpg (129 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2.jpg
129 KB, 680x478
i feel that blade runner 2 might be gos in his most autistic role yet

especially if he's playing a replicant

it's also going to look really good as drive and ogf did
>>
I was reading a interview with Refn, and he was saying that his plan had been either to film The Neon Demon or a Tokyo movie, and went with TND because his wife didn't feel like living in Tokyo at that time.

So we may get a cool hypercolorful Refn Tokyo movie next.

Hopefullly with Gosling vs. yakuza, and lots of qts. and atmospheric scenes taking place in pachinko arcades and strange cafes, and car chases involving dekotora
>>
>>71547290
>>71547387
Usually people talk in memespeak to try to be funny. Sometimes they are. You just sound obnoxious.
>>
>>71547426
It was only an hour and thirty minutes. Couldn't have been that much of a waste of time.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.