[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The VVitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: The VVitch.jpg (4 MB, 4050x6000) Image search: [Google]
The VVitch.jpg
4 MB, 4050x6000
How come no one ever talks about this?
I'm 40 minutes in and I gotta say, this is good stuff.
>>
It was a pretty good movie, though not nearly as scary as I would've liked.
>>
Turns to shit by the end.
>>
>>71538931
Black Phillip! Black Phillip!
>>
>discussing a movie before you've finished watching it
>>
>>71538931
i felt like a pedo but then i looked up how old she actually is.
>>
>>71538967
Im getting the vibe that it's more of a psychological horror, rather than a traditional sort of story. seems to work out in its favor so far.
>>
>>71538931
It gets talked about a lot here on /tv/, though it seems quite divisive. Personally I found it GOAT as a sort of thriller rather than a traditional 'horror' movie
ps fuck off tripfag
>>
>>71538967
I don't know man, the theater I saw it in consisted of about six 18-20 year olds and even though we were joking back and forth at first we all walked out shaking.
>there were so few people we learned to discern each others yelps
One of my favorite theater experiences.
>>
>>71538931
BAAAAAA BAAAAAAAA
>>
>>71538931
must be riveting if you decided to stop watching halfway through and post about it on /tv/
>>
>>71538967
>>71539060
It's horror-drama

Most of the emphasis is on the family falling apart after the dad fucked up and put them in that situation. The supernatural elements just reinforce that.
>>
This flick has been shilled non-stop for the past several months, fuck off
>>
File: The-Witch.jpg (114 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
The-Witch.jpg
114 KB, 640x360
witchfu :3
>>
>>71538931
>How come no one ever talks about this?
Because this is your first time on /tv/?

>I'm 40 minutes in
You must really be captivated by it if you feel like posting on /tv/ while it plays in the background and not pay attention to it.
>>
>>71539783
>>71540370
nah, i really just started the thread to get discussion going.

>>71540004
yeah, It kind of reminds me of the Babadook, where most of the supernatural stuff just exists to serve a metaphor, only its not as on-the-nose in this movie.
>>
>>71540573
I watched Babadook after asking /tv/ for more nice comfy horror movies like the Witch and it was great.

Recommend more nice ones please guys
>>
>>71538931
Looks like you're new
>>
>>71540573
watch it follows next, that, babdook and witch are the unholy trinity of shitty 5/10 horror flicks the kids here love
>>
>tripfag
>wants to discuss in middle of movie
>"why is no one talking about this movie that has daily threads for months"

jesus christ you people are retarded
>>
File: christmas present.webm (908 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
christmas present.webm
908 KB, 405x720
>>71541108
>being this pleb
>>
>>71541282
one day you might grow up and realize those flicks are made for the same kiddy crowd that appreciates capeshit
>>
>>71541466
>equating an indie horror film to big budget superhero movies with no evidence to support such a claim

now i remembered why i dont come here often, /tv/ speaks in meme and only meme.
>>
Thou turnt off thy movie 20 minutes in because thou was filled with boredom
>>
>>71541156
>tripfag from /toy/*
It just gets worse.
>>
>>71538931
>Able to weave 300 y/o puritan witch cliches into a modern horror-drama without making it campy
>True horror is the dissolution of the family unit
>Great cinematography
>Great music
>Child actors actually good; not painfully annoying.

GOAT movie, pun intended.
>>
>tfw you will NEVER be a wandering young monk who happens to stumble upon an outcast family in the woods, fights off witches in the name of Christ, exorcises Black Phillip, and cooks a deliciously buttery goat meal out of his bitch ass before marrying Thomasin and having 15 children with her

Why live
>>
>>71541657
what does the budget matter? they are teenage boy movies. if you think witch is good you need to watch more movies
>>
>>71538931
>How come no one ever talks about this?
wew lad, there are literally threads about this movie every few hours. It's been shilled here none stop for months.
>>
>>71538931
>I'm 40 minutes in
VVhat the fuck...?
>>
people talked about it lots, months before it came out and after it came out, you are patheticly late
>>
>>71542761
>if you think witch is good you need to watch more movies
post 5 favorite movies
>>
>>71544615

1. Spring breakers
2. Spider-man 3
3. Growing Op
4. American Pie band camp
5. Underworld
>>
>>71544645
:)
>>
>>71539726
people like you are the reason I don't go to the theater anymore
just shut the fuck up and watch the movie
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.