[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this shit worth watching? I swear everyone won't shut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (52 KB, 620x479) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52 KB, 620x479
Is this shit worth watching? I swear everyone won't shut the fuck about it.
>>
dude gratuitous sex lmao

dude killing off major characters lmao
>>
Season 1 and books 1,2,3 are really very good.
>>
>>71536929
A bunch of good shows have tits and shit why is this one so popular?
>>
>>71536955
>implying AFFC and ADWD aren't the best in the series
>>
Only edgelords like this shit

Real life is depressing enough, thank you
>>
>>71536958
Hell if I know. I couldn't even finish the first season.
>>
>>71536889
Memes aside, yeah it's worth it. Season one is amazing and yeah, it has its ups and downs, but it's consistanly one of the best tv shows in air. It got as stupid but as it is now for a good reason.
>>
>Average viewers
(millions) for season 1: 2.52
>Average viewers
(millions) for season 6: 7.69
what the fuck happened?
>>
>>71536889
If you haven't watched it already, there's a good chance it's not for you.

The show is like crack for fantasy lovers. It's very good fantasy. But if you're not into that genre, you probably wont like it.
>>
>>71536889
either see it or don't
you're a fucking mong if you need someone else to tell you why.
>>
>>71537268
yeah, I have all the time of the world to watch every show ever made when I can just ask for opinions.
>>
>>71537016
they started appealing to the masses

they watered down the show so that its now just a sitcom
>>
>>71536979
They aren't nigger. The only thing worse than killing of interesting characters is introducing characters with boring plot lines that aren't going anywhere (e.g. Arianne, Aegon, Trystane, Victarion)
>>
File: BasedViserys.png (277 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
BasedViserys.png
277 KB, 500x523
>>71536889
It's love it or hate it. People won't shut up about it because there's nothing else like it on TV, though you need to watch up to Season 3 at least to realize why.

People will tell you Season 1 is the best and it's true that the storytelling (for what it is) gets objectively worse from there, but you won't understand why it's a phenomenon until you've watched the seasons where the budget got higher and they adapted the third book. Plus, Season 1 is better on rewatch when you're used to the characters, for some it's not a good first impression so you get people like this >>71536983

But in regards to the actual show itself, I'll give you a balanced opinion and say it's decent even up to where we are now. But it's also flawed like every show and for whatever reason this show tends to rustle people's jimmies a lot more than any other show when they drop the ball, so you're gonna get different people telling you it's either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever when neither is the truth.

The truth is that it's a unique show that we're extremely lucky exists considering the limitations of television but it's hardly perfect, so you may or may not appreciate what it is but you've got to discover that for yourself. There's a reason the ratings are still so high and people who claim to "hatewatch it" are still doing so, it certainly scratches some kind of itch that no other television show can. When it's gone there won't be anything like it again.
>>
>>71537750
>there's nothing else like it on TV,
why?
>>
>>71536889
The Starks all die. The End.
>>
>>71536889
Hard to say mate, I think the only thing it has going for it now is that there's nothing else like it on TV. The writing's gone to shit and you can tell the actors are getting bored, but it's originality, high budget and popularity make it stand out significantly from every other tv show. I think of you were going to watch it, it would have to be because of this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.