[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anomalisa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
So I took a while to watch this and I can't get over the puppet sex here. I feel like I'm watching Team America again.
>>
File: TA.jpg (139 KB, 840x1400) Image search: [Google]
TA.jpg
139 KB, 840x1400
>>71534412
I have not seen this yet, but Team America is a work of art.
>>
>>71534412
I was quietly loling in the cinema because I was thinking about how someone would have had to spent months animating it. But then it kept going and I joined in with the awkward uncomfortable silence with everyone else.
>>
>>71534412
Serious question are you a virgin
>>
>>71534412
what the hell type of filter did they put on the camera?
>>
>>71534480
Basic concept of the movie is a guy sees every other person as having the same face and hears them as having the same voice. He meets a woman who is unique.

>>71534497
Good on you for seeing it in theaters. As you can see, I've pirated it but I do appreciate the work put into this movie. The seams on the faces keep making me think everyone has glasses, though.

>>71534498
The leadup to the sex is the same as real life, but they are stop motion puppets having sex and Team America ruined me on that.
>>
>>71534508
we want the DigitalPlayground audience
>>
File: jenniferjasonleighv.jpg (131 KB, 602x1000) Image search: [Google]
jenniferjasonleighv.jpg
131 KB, 602x1000
JJL said this was the most intimate/awkward sex scene she had ever done.
>>
>>71534741

That's saying something considering half of her sex scenes involve violent rape.
>>
>>71534554
Yeah I was distracted by the seams too. It sort of paid off though. I liked the design.
>>
>>71534497
Hey guy who saw it already. Give me a reason to keep watching this movie because I am about to stop because of this scene.
>>
What the hell is this
>>
>>71534793
yup
>>
>>71534992

Does she enjoy rape or rape fantasies?
>>
>>71534884
Not the same guy but it was one of the only movies of last year that I walked away from genuinely moved by the story and characters. You should finish it.
>>
>>71534884
It's pretty close to the end so you're might as well see it till the out?
>>
>>71535122
>>71535125
You're right and I am going to finish it, but these later scenes are awkward to the MAX. Maybe it's just me but I have a hard time watching shit like the speech and the breakfast conversation by putting myself in the place of the character.
>>
>>71535042
It could be. She has been raped cinematically about five times throughout her film career.
>>
>>71535122
I get how the speech basically relays how the book described how he coped with living with his condition.

I don't think I get what caused him to hear/see her as an individual, though. Is it like, the japanese "goddess of heaven" he bought that gave him a brief respite?
>>
>>71534412

Is he eating out a 14 year old?
>>
>>71535378
Some women are short anon
>>
>>71535402

But her clothes don't look like something anyone over 13 or 14 would wear, either.
>>
>>71535368
Or is it like our perception of his condition is caused by him just treating everyone in the same respectful politeness? Like him learning more about Lisa and getting less interested in what is individualistic about her makes her look like everyone else.

>>71535478
Movie's set in 2005. Lady's a 30-40 year old customer service manager.
>>
>>71535547
>Movie's set in 2005. Lady's a 30-40 year old customer service manager.

Still looks 14. In the size, clothes, proportions, face... Clearly not modeled after anyone middle-aged.
>>
>>71535601
Better? She's short.
>>
>>71535478
Because she is an awkward underachiever, under performer that never developed any skills.
>>
>>71534884
>I'm about to stop at the scene where you realize what Michael's problem is
>>
this whole movie felt like charlie kaufman just repeating himself. the whole everyone-is-the-same thing is just a different mixed up version of the malkovitch malkovitch scene.

it just felt very lazy to me. i'm sure all the stop motion stuff took a very long time to film, but... it just didn't really fit together that well.
>>
>>71534412
it actually felt way more realistic that any sex scene ever done in an american flick

best part of the movie, by far
>>
>>71534480
>Team America is a work of art.
A-fucking-men.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.