[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do all of you hate this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: alien-3.jpg (543 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
alien-3.jpg
543 KB, 1280x720
Why do all of you hate this?
>>
Honestly, I never think of it at all except when I see these threads.
>>
>>71533150
I don't like the setting or any of the characters, quadruped xenomorph is stupid, attempts at suspense fall flat.
>>
No Winona Ryder
>>
File: lol 3424234.gif (2 MB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
lol 3424234.gif
2 MB, 440x440
>>71533353
>>
File: fincher alien.jpg (51 KB, 795x494) Image search: [Google]
fincher alien.jpg
51 KB, 795x494
>>71533150
>suvival horror
>back to one xeno
>dark atmosphere
>intense chase scenes
>great ending

alien3 is awesome.
>>
>>71533150
i like the theatrical cut
it adds up to 45 minutes to the movie and make it really enjoyable
>>
>>71533768
I do like how it went back to horror, but it's still a shit movie. Better than the James Cameron atrocity at least
>>
File: 583261.1.jpg (90 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
583261.1.jpg
90 KB, 900x600
>>71533150
>>71533768
I just rewatched this and, I still enjoyed it. Very moody, broody. The setting is perfect and it was cast well.
>>
>>71533150
I don't. It is really underrated
>>
>>71533150
I prefer it over 2 and 4. It was an abortion of a movie that was hell for everyone involved but I believe they created something unique and beautiful, a corner of the franchise-universe that was bleak and gothic, the complete antithesis of Aliens, more artistically in key with the original.
The assembly cut is the best version.
>>
>>71533863
ops i mean the assembly cut
>>
>>71533150
I hate prisons and monks.
>>
>>71533905
This. The cast played their roles perfectly, Weaver, Dutton, Dance, they all delivered their characters with real finesse. Alien 3 was destined to be a troubled movie though, nothing could have saved it. It was almost Soviet in its stylistic execution and it was the type of movie that nobody would expect, or want, after the massive impact of Aliens.
>>
>>71533992
>>71534165
>Soviet

Exactly. The movie is the most constistently stylishly bleak film i've seen.
>>
I think Alien 3 would easily be the best in the franchise if just put together a little better. All that troubled production just made a fractured feeling movie.

Better compositing alone would raise it a few points.
>>
>dat 20the Century Fox fanfare

And the tone is set even before the movie starts.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.