[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Detective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1441985454005.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441985454005.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
Sometimes your worst self's best self's is your worst self, know what I'm saying Ray?
>>
what the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
mmmmmhm
>>
>>71531752
Caspere knew it.
>>
>I've been chased by sharks my whole life and I've been swimming so hard the sea is turning to butter. And you know something, Ray? Sharks can't swim in butter. Now I've got them right where I want them.
>>
The huge piece of shit that was season two of Trve Detective was worth it just for this meme.
>>
>>71531545
I miss these threads so much sometimes. They were times.
>>
Pick the real line.

>Never cast a shadow, not even during high noon.
>Never do anything out of hunger, not even eating.
>Never turn away from the right, even if you're a Nascar driver.
>Never see with just your eyes, not even if you're deaf
>>
>>71531980
This is truth.
>>
>>71531980
Caspere knew this
>>
File: 1437430943440.jpg (10 KB, 176x186) Image search: [Google]
1437430943440.jpg
10 KB, 176x186
>>71531980
>>71532214
>disliking Season 2
>>
>>71532107
the eating one. it was posted a million times after that episode and it's stuck in my mind now.
>>
>>71532263
Come on man, give it up. It was pretty shit. It wasn't all bad, I'll concede that it had its moments. But it wasn't nearly as good as season one.

>>71532332
Beat me to it.
>>
>>71532263

Literally re-watched it just to see if it perhaps wasn't as shit as I remembered.

It was even worse, complete waste of time.

Sure it had it's moments and some good characters like the mayor, Ray etc but at the end of the day it was a clusterfuck of a show.
>>
File: Mr. Sad Frog Meme.jpg (19 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Sad Frog Meme.jpg
19 KB, 400x388
>you will never know as much as caspere
>>
>>71532972
Not only was it a clusterfuck, it was bad fanfiction of the first season.
Every fucking character was Rust. All of them.
They all had the biggest saddest story in the universe.

You need a Woody in there. Someone to balance the scales.
But there wasn't.
Everyone was moping and proselytizing about the true nature of the universe.

The clusterfuck came in when the show writers tried to make it look like S1 but concluded as it turned out to be just a regular crime story.
They had the killer leave the body in a ritualistic way and wear creepy masks.
But it was just some kid acting on his own for private reasons.

It was so bad.
It should have been just about Ray. He was cool.
>>
>>71533406
That's exactly right about balance, Rust and Marty really worked off of each other, had great chemistry, balanced each other out. Where one would say something outlandish, the other would call them out on it. It worked. Season two didn't have anything like that going its way. You had Frank going on about fucking paper mache and nobody to counteract it.
>>
was true detective s2 the biggest disappointment in television history?

i've seen a lot of series and can't think of any such drop in quality
>>
>>71533744
>i've seen a lot of series and can't think of any such drop in quality
BSG after leaving New Caprica
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.