[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new legend of Tarzan movie >every single negative review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 5bf.jpg (16 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
16 KB, 480x318
>new legend of Tarzan movie
>every single negative review just calling it racist

I'm serious, look. Feel sort of bad for the studio. They spent all this money and the movie never stood a chance. Dead-On-Arrival. From what I understand, the whole movie is about Tarzan and a black character killing belgian white guys anyway.
>>
They even tried to appeal to the SJW crowd by injecting Tarzan into the Dutch genocide in the Congo and how white people are evil and they still get called racist. You literally can never win with those people.
>>
>>71526160
IO9's review didn't mention anything at all about race. Just calls it boring.
>>
>>71526240
>Dutch

Errr... That's Belgian, anon. In fact, the main bad guy I believe is supposed to be Leon Rom, a fairly infamous Belgian soldier who may or may not have been an inspiration for Kurtz in Heart of Darkness.
>>
>>71526160
Wait, what's racist about it?
>>
>>71526399
They say it is a white saviour complex movie

They say its racist for a white man to be the king of a jungle in africa.
>>
>>71526612
Isn't it also racist to say a white man can't be king of the jungle? Tarzan earned that title

Really hoping this racism bubble bursts soon so I can stop hearing about people focusing on race so much like it's the only thing that matters
>>
File: SHO00212.jpg (673 KB, 1724x1552) Image search: [Google]
SHO00212.jpg
673 KB, 1724x1552
>>71526160
That's how they work.

Gamer gate isn't the only place where the media colludes to bomb the reviews of any movie they don't think lives up to their social expectations.
>>
>>71527162
>Really hoping this racism bubble bursts soon so I can stop hearing about people focusing on race so much like it's the only thing that matters

oh m8, this is only the beginning. Soon nationalism will be on the rise again as a backlash to this bullshit.
>>
Is Tarzan a cuck in this movie?

> Ultimately, Tarzan travels to Jane's native Baltimore, Maryland only to find that she is now in the woods of Wisconsin. Tarzan finally meets Jane in Wisconsin where they renew their acquaintance and he learns the bitter news that she has become engaged to William Clayton. Meanwhile, clues from his parents' cabin have enabled D'Arnot to prove Tarzan's true identity. Instead of claiming his inheritance, Tarzan chooses to conceal his identity and renounce his heritage for the sake of Jane's happiness.
>>
>>71527258
I don't want nationalism, I just want this kind of hyperbole gone. I even agree with blm and sjws on a few things. It seems like its always white people going after each other. It's cool if you feel super guilty about being white I guess, but don't drag me down to your level of self hatred and despair or claim that you're a better human being because of how much you hate yourself.
>>
>>71527229
Fucking westerners.
>>
>>71527162
>On June 16, police were called to an unlikely scene: an end-of-the-year class party at the William P. Tatem Elementary School in Collingswood.

>A third grader had made a comment about the brownies being served to the class. After another student exclaimed that the remark was "racist," the school called the Collingswood Police Department

>Police said the incident had been referred to the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency. The student stayed home for his last day of third grade

It's only going to get worse
>>
File: Krusty wants out.gif (2 MB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
Krusty wants out.gif
2 MB, 500x378
>>71528089
>look it up
>it's real

fuck everything
>>
Who are those freaky albino ooga boogas? Are they pro- or anti-gorilla?
>>
>>71527229
London Has Fallen was just terrible. It's not part of some conspiracy.
>>
>>71528435
It was terrible, but to claim it was terrible because of the reasons they gave is ridiculous. You don't have to like the movie to see that
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.