[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this so bad compared to the other 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ipman3.jpg (131 KB, 686x956) Image search: [Google]
ipman3.jpg
131 KB, 686x956
Why was this so bad compared to the other 2?
>>
part 2 was kinda awful too
>>
>>71525310
It had two arcs that could be separate movie, and the first one felt like a retread of the second one
>>
>>71525310

>5 mins of Bruce Lee after teasing he finally get trained up in this movie
>Wife dies
>Shit villain
>Fights were pretty lacklustre compared to first 2
>>
>>71525346
Kind of this.
You had Mike Tyson trying to buy the school. That plot was never finished
You had the dude who wanted to beat Ip Man. That plot was kind of dumb and not fleshed out.
And you had the cancer plot, which was the best part of the film, but not good material for a Kung-Fu action film.

Ip Man 1 and that prequel film were the best.
>>
Really, really bad. Ip and Tyson not even finishing their duel was the worst part.
>>
>>71525545
>that prequel film
Uh which one?
>>
>>71525888
The one they made without Donnie Yen and with a different director, I believe.
>>
its honestly my favorite of the three. i really like friendly duels and i got that in this. that stair case fight as his wife goes down the elevator was so tits.
>>
>>71526144
That's probably unrelated to these movies. Ip Man was a real person.
>>
File: the_grandmaster_poster.jpg (196 KB, 839x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_grandmaster_poster.jpg
196 KB, 839x1200
>>71525888
>>
>>71526992
>that stair case fight as his wife goes down the elevator was so tits.

Literally the only good thing about this movie. He's all like "I got this babe," then they get to the bottom and and he's like "C'mon bitch let's go."
>>
>>71527081
Think he's referring to this one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1641638/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
>>
>>71527040
I know he was. There are six movies about him: three with Donnie Yen, 'Ip Man Zero', 'Ip Man The Final Fight' and 'The Grandmaster'.
I thought he was referring to The Final Fight. I also didn't know about the existence of Ip Man Zero and The Grandmaster before.
>>
>>71526144
That's a totally separate film also based on Yip Man's life, not really a prequel.
>>
>>71527081
I saw the American edit of this movie and it was fucking garbage. It's like if Chungking Express and 8 Diagram Pole fighter fucked and had a baby, and that baby came out retarded.

Can't really imagine the full version being much better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.