[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it Why didn't they just torture Tyrion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: got-s4e6-tyrion[1].png (3 MB, 1897x971) Image search: [Google]
got-s4e6-tyrion[1].png
3 MB, 1897x971
I don't get it
Why didn't they just torture Tyrion into admitting to Joffrey's murder?
>>
>>71516478
midget
>>
>>71516478
because even in the dark ages we knew you can get anyone to admit anything if you torture them enough

also he is a lord and uncle to the king, not a peasant
>>
>>71516597
Vlad of Romania impaled nobles too like commoners in the middle ages...

You astronomical retard...
>>
>>71516655
Vlad is legendarily cruel and ruthless.
>>
>>71516597
I don't think Cercei would have given a fuck.
>>
because tywin and jaime didn't want to kill him
>>
>>71516655
and everyone(especially the other lords) hated him. its a great way to get a knife in the back. actually think about the repercussions retard, you start killing off the nobility and they will revolt against you

>"Others say that he was killed by disloyal Wallachian boyars also fighting the Turks, or killed during a hunt. Still other reports claim that Vlad was accidentally killed by one of his own men."
>>
>>71516655
And thats the reason why Vlad only ruled for like 8 years of his life.
>>
>>71516750
>jaime didn't want to kill him
fixed that for you
>>
>>71516478

Because torturing someone while make the victim admit everything for stopping the pain.
>>
>>71516478

Tywin isn't going to torture his son.
>>
>>71516750
Jaime didn't but Tywin did
>>71516751
All of KL's hated Tyrion by then
>>
File: tywin2.jpg (68 KB, 970x645) Image search: [Google]
tywin2.jpg
68 KB, 970x645
>>71516478
Because Tywin isn't the High Sparrow.

He was way more based than that barney sandals faggot.
>>
>>71516795
Tywin wanted him dead but he didn't want to kill him.

If he wanted to kill him himself he would have smothered him as a baby after he tore his mother open during childbirth. Instead he kept putting him in situations hoping he wouldn't survive but he kept living.
>>
>>71516478
Because Tyler was still his father and probably didn't even want him dead:

"You're my son, you think I would get you killed? come into my room and let's discuss this together"
>>
>>71516795
Tywin wouldnt even have agreed to sending Tyrion to the wall if he actually had wanted him dead. He knew that his death would be the correct choice politically, but he still decided against it because of him being his son.

After Tyrion threatened the entire city however, Tywin didnt really have much of a choice.
>>
You think the law would require torturing him anyway to reveal if he had any co-conspirators, it was historically the case in Europe with regicides such as Guy Fawkes and Ravaillac.
>>
>>71516715
No, but daddy, despite the hard man face would. And he was running the show then.
>>
>>71517112
this.

it was just a prank
>>
>>71516478
No one cared about his confession when they were already going to execute him no matter what.
>>
>>71517503
1)they weren't
2)Tywin would've saved him anyway

What distinguishes Tyrone si that he's never in danger in any point of the show, Lysa knows he can't kill him so he just threatenes and scares him, Stannis was never going to hurt him if he managed to get the city, since he knew he was a good person, Tywin obviously was his father and admitted himself that he wouldn't have gone through with it.
>>
>>71517296
He wasnt running shit, youd o realize that Cercei held more power in his hands than anyone in the seven kingdoms?

As he's just shown in the latest episode by blowing up half of the fucking city and the fucking High Sparrow himself with Margaery and Kevan.
>>
>>71516478
>torturing a highborn
take a look of this sparrow
>>
>>71517857
Tywin wouldn't have saved him, he only said that to calm Tyrion when he aimed a goddamn crossbow at him.
>>
Here's a question

Do you guys think Tywin actually believed Tyrion killed Joffrey?
>>
>>71516655
>A guy did it in reality, WHY is not in this fantasy tale?
This is you.
>>
>>71518623
Of course not. He knew damn well Tyrion didn't have anything to do with it.
>>
>>71518739
Retard

>>71518407
Yes, he would have, he fucking said it and the man is known for never lying once in his life if you read the books.
>>
>Tyrion
>Tywin's son
wew you guys did not get it
>>
>>71516478
It's because he's a Lannister so Tywin despite hating him won't have him tortured.
>>
>>71518823
>and the man is known for never lying once in his life if you read the books.
Don't you get the relevance of the scene? Tywin kept preaching about family and honor his entire life but he was full of bullshit; he banged whores and was willing to sacrifice his own blood to "cleanse" the family name.

That's the significance of him dying in the privy. Like>>71518407 said, he was only trying to sweet talk Tyrion into not shooting at him.
>>
>>71516655
>astronomical retard
can I be one too?
>>
>>71516655
and that's how you get characterized as a vampire
>>
>>71517857
Stannis would have executed him for sure
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 640x480
>believing anything anyone says when you're pointing a crossbow at them

You all are a bunch of marks and would be dead like Ned.
>>
File: tmfs.jpg (48 KB, 750x408) Image search: [Google]
tmfs.jpg
48 KB, 750x408
>>71516478
>I hereby name my wife's son Tyrion acting Hand Of The King in my absence

Do you think normies caught this line?
>>
>>71519085
Are you retarded?

>"The DWARF has played his little trick"

He knew well what tyrion was, he knew he was the only good guy in the city trying to do the right thing, he would've spared him would he have bent his knees, like Daenerys did.
>>
>>71518823

>Tywin never lies

Yeah like that time he told Tyrion that Tysha was a whore Jaime had hired

Or that time he had Aerys thinking he was his ally and then he sacked King's Landing

Or that lifetime where he pretended not to be fucking whores left and right while humiliating Tyrion for doing the same
>>
>>71519208
He would have burned all the lannister, varys, littlefinger and probably pycelle for killing ned stark and usurping the throne. Then maybe jail the other noblemen and accept their surrender.

It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert's heir. That is law. After me, it must pass to my daughter, unless Selyse should finally give me a son. I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done after the Trident.
>>
>>71519456

It really is characteristic of Robert's depression to basically not deal with most of the people who supported Aerys in King's Landing after he won the war.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.